The Drum

15 hours ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

Ground rules like this are the clubs to make, as long as they don't clash with the statutory laws re sporting events and OBAF Act then it's nowt to do with the police!

There is a security meeting before every game at the stadium and the police are involved in that. It's in the clubs best interests to have no police inside the stadium at home games as it keeps costs down and to do that we need to work with them.

As I've said, the drum was originally allowed, then banned for a reason. I've no idea what that reason was, but they didn't do it because it was too loud.

Good to see some sort of compromise is going to be reached. I'm looking forward to a bouncing stadium on Saturday anyway!

16 hours ago, buddiecat said:

FFS Vambo, they were right at one end and behind the goals at Fir park on Saturday, if i recall correctly it did not hamper the atmosphere one little bit. And i will again state, how do you make every seat unallocated and expect people to stay away from a selected area to allow a singing section in - i'll tell you, it would not work.

Give us a winning feeling and the atmosphere will take care of itself.

Get the singing section as near as possible to the away fans, that encourages them to sing more to outdo the away fans.

No need to swear.

You were right next to them. I was right in the middle behind the goals on Saturday, and it was noticeable that the farther away from the singing section fans were, the less they sang. That's not to say there was no singing, but at the opposite end of the stand, it was usually to join in when the sound hit from the middle joining in, or they started their own song, even though there was a song already coming from the Singing section.  That tells me that the farther away the singing is it makes it less likely that fans will join in, some may not even hear them (this happened at Greenhill when we had a very small singing section stuck right up at section 7).

IMO the way to get the whole stand singing... in unison... is for the singing section to be as close to the middle of the support as possible.  

As for the bit highlighted above, I don't expect people to stay away from a selected area. First come first served - as it used to be before allocated seating. When people get to know where the singing section congregate, the non-singers and drum haters will steer well clear.  After all, everyone knew where the North Bank singers were.  Some chose to go there, some didn't.  No difference.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Gordon Scott has just confirmed he hopes to have the drum in place on Saturday...

And new kit and sponsor to be announced later this week.

Chairman's Update...

As long as no one brings a flute to accompany said drum then I will have no objection.

Some of of you young whipper snappers could bring a guitar, perhaps a bass guitar, some violins, a trombone, a trumpet, a glockenspiel and I could play the triangle!

We could have the orchestra section in the middle of the west bank, the tenors to the left, soprano's to the right.  The family stand could have some rappers in it getting jiggy with the home boys.  Perhaps the backing singers could throw out a melody or two from the padded seats at hospitality.  Together in unison the joyful wonder of music could fill the air in and around North Ferguslie. 

What's that speccy twat Gareth Malone up to?

12 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

As long as no one brings a flute to accompany said drum then I will have no objection.

Some of of you young whipper snappers could bring a guitar, perhaps a bass guitar, some violins, a trombone, a trumpet, a glockenspiel and I could play the triangle!

We could have the orchestra section in the middle of the west bank, the tenors to the left, soprano's to the right.  The family stand could have some rappers in it getting jiggy with the home boys.  Perhaps the backing singers could throw out a melody or two from the padded seats at hospitality.  Together in unison the joyful wonder of music could fill the air in and around North Ferguslie. 

What's that speccy twat Gareth Malone up to?

The Trumpet ain't going. 

He may have returned  from his holidays and be back in Arbroff. 

I'm not sure if its been mentioned elsewhere, though a lot of credit not for just generating a better atmosphere, though the fella that takes the drum to away games was also responsible along with a few of his friends for the flag display last Saturday. A huge asset to our support putting all of their own time into making the flags from home for the final and generating the singing section.:clapping

10 minutes ago, HSS said:

Talk about feckin overkill....

Reading that you would think it was a Weapon of Mass Destruction...

What the statement also fails to mention is that it was the away supporters who caused the problems!

Sound does not travel well in the West Bank. I fear the drum and 'singing section' being consigned to W7 will minimise the community singing, but we'll see.

(Drum) roll on Saturday!

COYS

Rules on Drum Pilot at Paisley 2021 Stadium - April 2017

• The drum must be used to entertain. This may be by encouraging the home support to cheer on the team, it is not to be used to antagonise or in any way wind up the away support.
  • The drum must be presented to the club no later than the day before the match. The drum will then be retained within the stadium until match day. 
  • The drum will be supervised by a named person who will, on entry to the stadium, identify themselves to the relevant stand steward supervisor. This person will be 'issued' with the drum.
  • The named person will identify their position during the match and inform the supervisor how they can be contacted instantly at any time during the match. 
  • The drum and permission to use it within the stadium will be reviewed by club management on a week-to-week basis and it may be withdrawn at any time without notice. 
  • The drum will be used within the specified area of the stadium at the back of section W7 in the West Stand. 
  • The drum pilot and supporters involved in it must not spoil the sight lines of other supporters by their actions nor compromise their own safety by standing, jumping or indulging in any other unacceptable conduct within an all seated section nor in nay way degrade the enjoyment of other supporters within the stadium.
  • Should complaints be received regarding the drum or any matters arising from its use during a match or it is decided the use of the drum is liable to affect the safety of supporters a decision will be made by the club safety officer on whether the drum should be withdrawn from use and again if the decision is taken to withdraw it the named person will be informed and the drum withdrawn from use without question.
  • All requests must be complied with. Any matters arising can be discussed after the match but if the drum is withdrawn then this will be done in a quiet, safe and controlled manner at an appropriate location well away from viewing areas. 

Taking our drum hostage. :angry:

Seems a bit overkill but we'll go with it! I guess there needs to be some sort of rules

22 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Taking our drum hostage. :angry:

Seems a bit overkill but we'll go with it! I guess there needs to be some sort of rules

Being cautious and going for the overkill with rules to satisfy the security office I imagine. Once they see it in action there will be no issue I'd imagine. It being a drum, and not a bomb...

14 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Being cautious and going for the overkill with rules to satisfy the security office I imagine. Once they see it in action there will be no issue I'd imagine. It being a drum, and not a bomb...

My thoughts too - if everything goes fine for the next three games then things might not be quite so strict next season.

The drum in the stadium.

Rule 4 seems a bit superfluous: The named person will identify their position during the match and inform the supervisor how they can be contacted instantly at any time during the match.

"Hi. I'll be the guy who has a big, round thing hanging off my neck and a big stick thing in my hand. Please don't confuse me with a fat pipefitter"!

Edited by stlucifer

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

The drum must be presented to the club no later than the day before the match. The drum will then be retained within the stadium until match day.

How do they get the carry-out in now?

Just put it in and tell Club to put the Drum in the Fridge overnight. 

Sortit 

14907122_1008647462580843_12504827318383

Singing Section - Drum

Good evening everyone just back from a meeting with Fitzy and giving you all a wee update about Saturday.

After the club announced the rules regarding the drum we noticed a few of them weren’t ideal.

The two main concerns I brought up with Tony were dropping the drum off at least 1 day before a game and the movement of the area from W5 to W7.

I was very happy with the way that Tony has explained to me regarding how change of policy Isn’t as simple as it looks and involves police / security etc and with bad incidents happening in the past with away supporters with a drum they weren’t too keen on allowing it back.

Tony has said that he wants to ensure we can get the drum in as I said I don’t want it to become a chore for the people organising we want it to be enjoyable. Tony replied with I want the drum in that badly that I will even come and pick it up from whoever has it the day before if it makes it easier.

The other concern I mentioned about us having to move to W7 I was told that this was the sensible solution due to the club receiving complaints from people who are in W5 etc who would not be happy with the drum being in place there which is fair enough, He also added that being in W7 will ensure that we don’t block anyones views throughout the game which we currently would in W5.

Loads of people have been saying that W7 wont work Supras tried it etc even though I’m not happy with being along here were not going to spit the dummy out and fling away our chance to make it work with the drum.

The drum trial period will be reviewed each game and we hope to do enough during this period to not only build a relationship with the club and show them that we can be trusted ( get a few of the red tape rules removed) but also create a bond with the fans who may not think they will like it, this is a chance for us to change their mind.

Me and the boys are going to put 100% effort into making this work in W7 and would appreciate if all other fans could help us out by moving along!

We are hoping that the full west stand will be packed full but in the chance it is not we will be putting our banners over the empty seats infront of us which will box us in in a way the same way the vomitory does and ensure we are close together and create a good atmosphere.

We are going to be bringing a few of our larger banner flags and having them up behind us / the side of us to add some colour.

LETS DO THIS GUYS

COYS