Morton v St Mirren 11/4/17 (Cowshed Re-opening)

Ronnie

What a great result. Bar 15 mins we outplayed them all night. Mallan and McGinn dominated the midfield. Could have scored a couple more.

Besides the result it was a great evening with a huge St Mirren support - possibly 1500 - 2000. Singing non-stop and the players lapping it up at the end. And John McGinn and Lewis Morgan were in the stand near me also cheering them on. Its great to be a Buddie. Glad I was there. Away games are far better than Home games.

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What a great result. Bar 15 mins we outplayed them all night. Mallan and McGinn dominated the midfield. Could have scored a couple more.

Besides the result it was a great evening with a huge St Mirren support - possibly 1500 - 2000. Singing non-stop and the players lapping it up at the end. And John McGinn and Lewis Morgan were in the stand near me also cheering them on. Its great to be a Buddie. Glad I was there. Away games are far better than Home games.

It could have been 7...1 or being generous 7..2. Also saw John McGinn and Lewis Morgan in the stand. 

Great result. Listened to the live commentary, and the entire commentary team can shut up with their 'St Mirren won't be worrying about any relegation this season and will be well away from it next season' pish! Andy Ritchie and Rob McLean don't see us nearly enough, but Thommo should know the score, and the score is 'Shhhhhhh!'

Gives me the chills, just stop. Until Tom Hendrie says it is arithmetically and mathematically, geometrically and statistically done and dusted... just. shut. up!

Four goals against the Manky lot,

A feeling almost all's forgot.

The first was scored by Stelios,

And the Morton fans were jeal...(i)ous :ph34r:

A Stevie wonder goal came calling,     :ph34r:

From blind faith to hope installing.

A third from Sutton on his own ton,      :ph34r:

And it was clear the game was won.

A final goal from Gary's head,

And none but Saints were in the shed!

Sorry. It's late you know.

Edited by stlucifer

Four goals against the Manky lot,
A feeling almost all's forgot.
The first was scored by Stelios,
And the Morton fans were jeal...(i)ous [emoji185]
A Stevie wonder goal came calling,
From blind faith to hope installing.
A third from Sutton on his own ton,
And it was clear the game was won.
A final goal from Gary's head,
And none but Saints were in the shed!

Sorry. It's late you know.

Stevie wonder scored the 2nd? ...would have liked to have seen that [emoji12]

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

FT 1-4

How a team who has had such talent as Sutton and Mallan at our disposal all season ever found ourselves anywhere near the relegation places in such a shite league is a mystery.

That's an easy one. The team also included Webster, Langfield, Hutton, an unfit Quinn, Clarkson, Walsh, Shankland, Gordon and Hardie. Most were senior pro's who either let us down or were simply not good enough. Thank God for Jack Ross thank God for the January window. Looks like it MAY just have come in time!!

Looking at the BBC, based on the last 10 games, Saints are top of the league by a wide margin...

Its a remarkable turnaround indeed.

If we avoid relegation then I will happily concede that I was wrong.

Its very rare that I am wrong. Indeed I have never been wrong before.

Maybe we can do a Leicester and use the moment to go on and win the league next season?

If we can keep most of this squad then you never know.

We may lose Mallan but you would think we might have a chance to keep most of the main guys? And add a couple?