Morton v St Mirren 11/4/17 (Cowshed Re-opening)

Ronnie

As in the thread title Morton after taking feedback from their own fans have decided to re-open the cowshed for away fans to help generate a better atmosphere.

Maybe Tony & Gordon could follow suit with regards the drum.

Edited by Ronnie

The necessary building work to ensure spectator safety is now underway and away supporters will return to the Cowshed before the close of the current campaign.

They will be housed in a section to the far left of the enclosure towards the Wee Dublin End, separated from the home fans by a sponsored mesh netting and a sterile area.

well thank f**k for that!

I doubt it holds very much..It's only the wee part at the end of the cowshed. If we take a decent support it won't be big enough. 

It will probably do for a Tuesday night right enough but in future I can see us being put in our usual spot behind the goal.

The gate prices have been confirmed for St Mirren's match away to Morton at Cappielow Park on Tuesday 11th April.

The details for the match are as follows:

Morton v St Mirren
Ladbrokes Championship
Venue: Cappielow Park, Greenock
Date: Tuesday, 11th April 2017
Kick-off: 7:45pm

This match will be pay-at-the-gate.

Gate Prices

Adult £18
Over 65* £15
FT Student* £15
Child (12-16)  £5
Child (under 12)  Free** 

* Proof of status must be shown
** Children Under 12 gain free entry if accompanied by an adult

Additional Information

This match will be pay-at-the gate with cash turnstiles in the Wee Dublin End of Cappielow Park.

Any wheelchair spaces need to be booked in advance direct with The St Mirren Ticket Office as the spaces are limited – the cost is £15 for the wheelchair user and carer.

St Mirren Ticket Office Phone No: (0141) 840-6130.

This, being our game in hand, could propel us away from the danger area with a hard fought win.

A win here would be very symbolic considering that many fans and commentators consider our last visit here the nadir of the season; (the worst St Mirren team in recent memory etc.). I think we will do it.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Isn't the case, in the worst case scenario, that they can't relegate us,as that would have been a truly tragic way to officially go down?

That is one nightmare scenario we will avoid thankfully

If we lose and Ayr win on Saturday we will be four behind again and will remain there if Morton beat us in the game in hand.

There would still be twelve points to play we would still be in the mix

Dundee United are the first team that can potentially relegate us on the 22nd April if it all goes perfectly pear shaped.

Edited by southsidebud

21 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

That is one nightmare scenario we will avoid thankfully

If we lose and Ayr win on Saturday we will be four behind again and will remain there if Morton beat us in the game in hand.

There would still be twelve points to play we would still be in the mix

Dundee United are the first team that can potentially relegate us on the 22nd April if it all goes perfectly pear shaped.

Feck me, just reading that sentence gives me the shiters....you've got me worried again..:( 

8 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Feck me, just reading that sentence gives me the shiters....you've got me worried again..:( 

Don't be SC - I don't think there is ANY realistic chance of that scenario occurring. I've posted about free football on tv in another section and if you read that you will see a far more realistic prediction :D

[Spoiler - Saints to be 8 points clear of Ayr by the time they kick off against Dundee United on 15 April]