Morton v St Mirren 11/4/17 (Cowshed Re-opening)

Ronnie

Would go with the same system, move Stelios to fullback, put Loy wide and have Sutton through the middle. Loy spends a fair bit of time out wide anyway and this way him and Smith would have a target to aim for. Should definitely start Sutton as he made a huge difference. 

Would go with the same system, move Stelios to fullback, put Loy wide and have Sutton through the middle. Loy spends a fair bit of time out wide anyway and this way him and Smith would have a target to aim for. Should definitely start Sutton as he made a huge difference. 

Why move Stelios to full back?
Irvine had a good game and Eckersley shouldn't be suspended for two yellows, the first of which was farcical.

Only change to the starting 11 I'd make is Todd starting in place of Stelios.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Irvine had a good game and Eckersley shouldn't be suspended for two yellows, the first of which was farcical.

Surely Eckersley will be suspended, or will that not kick in until next week?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Automatic suspension for any sending off.

Not looking forwards to this.

If we play like we did today, we'll get our arses handed to us on a plate.

A huge improvement all round required.

Have you been on the bevy tonight. It's Morton FFS![emoji3]

We've been excellent recently and aside from a poor pass by Smith at the 2 on 1 and Loy's penalty miss we'd be celebrating another win.

We'll take these cunts out. I'll pick you up at 6.45pm!

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

Not looking forwards to this.

If we play like we did today, we'll get our arses handed to us on a plate.

A huge improvement all round required.

Remember, Dumbarton beat Morton last week. 

Remember, Dumbarton beat Morton last week. 

Remember we have failed to beat Dumbarton all season & Morton have enjoyed 2nd place and being closer to promotion than anything else. Feel free of course to forget how easily they gubbed us last time at their place too ( make excuses also for it ) 'Aye but, *insert excuse here*'

That said , easy to mock other teams who have been above us all season [emoji15]

No mocking from me just a prediction of Morton 1-2 Saints [emoji4]

Tomorrow is another day etc. and this is another match.

For me the  situation is clear, we play Stelios at LB instead of the suspended Eckersly, move Smith out wide and play Sutton & Loy upfront. This leaves us with a team which has to be focussed on attack. Gordon & Quinn were on the bench yesterday but I wouldn't start either of them, obviously neither will be match fit but I'm glad they're both available and would be prepared to bring on Quinn in midfield to give McGinn a breather at some point over the remaining 5 games.

Nothing to fear - letsgetintaethum!

COYS!

28 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Tomorrow is another day etc. and this is another match.

For me the  situation is clear, we play Stelios at LB instead of the suspended Eckersly, move Smith out wide and play Sutton & Loy upfront. This leaves us with a team which has to be focussed on attack. Gordon & Quinn were on the bench yesterday but I wouldn't start either of them, obviously neither will be match fit but I'm glad they're both available and would be prepared to bring on Quinn in midfield to give McGinn a breather at some point over the remaining 5 games.

Nothing to fear - letsgetintaethum!

COYS!

are you SURE Eckersley is suspended?

I thought it was only a straight red that resulted in an immediate suspension for the next game?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

I thought it was only a straight red that resulted in an immediate suspension for the next game?

I thought them was the rules and it seems to be the opinion of FTOF further up the page.

14 hours ago, FTOF said:

Automatic suspension for any sending off.

I note that was in reply to an earlier post of yours - feeling argumentative or getting one of them senior moments?  :spud5 I suppose we'll see on Tuesday night.

3.5 Players Sent Off for Receiving a Second Caution in the Same Match

A player who is sent off for receiving a second caution in the same match will have the combined total of penalty points for the two cautionable offences added to his applicable League disciplinary record. In addition, he will automatically be suspended in that competition until such time as his club has completed one match in the competition in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 3.8.

Seems definitive,

Eckersley out v Morton

Edited by stlucifer

38 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

As was stated a few posts ago, any red card results in an automatic ban. since it was for two "nothing" tackles, should only be one match.

13 hours ago, shull said:

Live on Radio Scotland , 810 MW and Online

Just heard that on the radio just now. Great for those of us who can't make it Tuesday night.

I mentioned this to the wee man - but listening to commentary on the radio is a step too far for him at the moment - but I'll be 'there'!

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

High wind and rain for cast for Tuesday night. Can you get into the main stand ? Option might be The Merton end for me. What a shit hole of a stadium. 

The last section In the Main Stand nearest to the away end is available to us.