SMISA March Update

There are plenty of seats the Club can give away to various underpriviledged groups without the SMISA funds having to pay for them.

I think Sponsorship of a League or Cup is the way to go, not just one youth team.

The HOF Boards can have stickers put over the JD stuff... if we can't get companies to pay for that then even SMISA stickers over them would be relatively cheap.  So, a No No No from me.

On another note, I would like to see the Club and SMISA promoted better outside the Stadium.  A couple of those massive cardboard cut-out type action shots of Saints players stuck on the grey cladding either side of the Main Stand (and the others later) would be crackin and could incorporate the SMISA logo (or not) 

I'd like to see ALL Children being let into the ground for free, accommpanied or not.  Wee gangs of Kids roaming about the Stadium will eventually lead to paying at the gate when they are no longer kids.  It's how a lot of us got the Bug!

And a suggestion already sent to SMISA board:  TVs with a Live feed of the game.  Benefits could be threefold:

- fans can go during the game without missing the action, thus easing the half-time queues.

- commercial adverts during half-time can bring in dosh which can be used to maintain and/or, improve the service. Even a feed from the Main Board would be good for announcements Birthday etc. as the Main board is hard to read from anywhere bar halfway down the Main Stand.

- Past games can be screened before the match, enhancing the match day service

41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

See just a side note on the buyout and monthly fee chat. Are there people on here for/ against keeping the regular payment scheme open ended beyond the buy out?

I personally don't miss the £25 a month and would be happy to keep it going after we have the club. I know some may not be in that situation or may think about keeping it going at the lesser amount.

I just feel I'd love to be having this conversation in 7/8 years time but talking about how we spend £50,000 not £8,000... just a thought

I would be happy too. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

50 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

See just a side note on the buyout and monthly fee chat. Are there people on here for/ against keeping the regular payment scheme open ended beyond the buy out?

I personally don't miss the £25 a month and would be happy to keep it going after we have the club. I know some may not be in that situation or may think about keeping it going at the lesser amount.

I just feel I'd love to be having this conversation in 7/8 years time but talking about how we spend £50,000 not £8,000... just a thought

I'd be also happy to keep my payments going beyond the buyout time . Only one condition though - we don't re-sign Dougie Imrie with our new found wealth. 

I voted three noes.

Would love to see Smisa investigate away to allow all kids into the game free all the time.

I don't think any of the options listed are particularly inspiring but if they are approved by the majority I won't be going in the huff about it. 

I would be happy to. It's part of supporting the club, and while I can afford it, I'll pay it after the club is bought.

16 minutes ago, amdsm said:

I voted three noes.

Would love to see Smisa investigate away to allow all kids into the game free all the time.

I don't think any of the options listed are particularly inspiring but if they are approved by the majority I won't be going in the huff about it. 

To be fair a lot of kids DO get in for free every week. The club have been giving out free kids season tickets for the family stand for years now.

I only pay £15 per season for my son to sit in the West with me and have done now for years. Next year he'll be 13 so I'll have to buy him a ST but there's no doubt he has the Saints bug good and proper now and it's all been down to the virtually free season ticket he's had up until now.

As your quote is of me, I shall respond.
You need a new telescope.
My 20-20 (or 2021, if you like) vision for St Mirren is that it should remain alive and be there for Paisley for future generations. That's still a huge aim, in itself.
 I posted many a time against the rantings of the expired pipefitter... against his clarion call for Buy the Buds to be almost solely about it being a community club.  It's not.  It's a struggling professional football club,  trying to survive in a fierce financial world.
so my immediate wish is for my contributions to directly be used to help in that struggle -NOW - not to be diverted towards a different organisation or club, however generous the intent may be
All the things you suggest in the rest of your post are highly laudable... But they are things that any/all Scottish football clubs should already be doing in and for the locality they inhabit.  Much of it already happens.
saints do go into the community. There are young Saints teams.
None of that is innovative, fresh thinking - none of it adds long-term benefit specifically to the aim of buying the Buds and/or making the experience better for current Buds.

I agree that we are a struggling professional club that sometimes needs a bit of extra support from the Supporter's Trust and that the Trust's money should be spent in the interests of the club.

Cast our minds back a few months to when we had the prospect of a potentially financially lucrative Renfrewshire derby being postponed due to the under-soil heating being broken. The club approached SMISA, who in turn provided funding. Remember the rumpus that created at the time with cries of the money not being used in the manner for which it was intended, or the additional funds that were made available to the club to boost the player budget.

I'm not suggesting that the immediate needs of the club should not be the first priority but I see no harm in also putting some of the funding towards generating interest in the club and looking to the long-term as well as the short.

7 hours ago, div said:

Fuxake

I like it div. You've got your game face on. Your 'GIRFUY Ayr & Dumbarton' face. That panel should be erected in the North Stand vomitories to let these visiting fan cnuts know we mean business. Couldn't put them in the South Stand - would frighten the kids.

:)

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I sort of took it for granted that once we own the club we'd need to pay for it's upkeep. You know like put our hands in our pockets same as we expected every other shareholder we have moaned about in the past to do. If it's just pay back Gordon Scott then Sod off that's not a good plan. I hope to feck everyone is in it for the long term and not just to fill the pockets of old shareholders so they lose feck all. If we don't keep going what's the Point?

:withstupid

What happened to ST Mirren till I die.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
lack of commitment

All good solid debate and a few good ideas being listed. This is what we are all about and i would ask those who are posting on this thread and who have time to spare on a Monday night, to consider putting their names up for election to the SMiSA board (application forms are available,check out www.smisa.net for the info) and others to consider emailing their ideas to [email protected] which is the official channel for ideas to be put on for a vote. Send an email with your ideas (even if it's just "give us an option to carry funds over")

Edited by buddiecat
[email protected]

Just a thought on the £6,000 for season tickets. Reading the posts am getting bit confused as to purpose,

Is this use of the money to invite various groups to games with view to enticing them to return in a paying capacity and so boost support and income ?

Or is it to use as charitable gift to those groups who can't afford ?

Clarification anyone, as there really is a big difference in purpose here.

Just a thought on the £6,000 for season tickets. Reading the posts am getting bit confused as to purpose,
Is this use of the money to invite various groups to games with view to enticing them to return in a paying capacity and so boost support and income ?
Or is it to use as charitable gift to those groups who can't afford ?
Clarification anyone, as there really is a big difference in purpose here.

It's so community groups can utilise them to attend a game, though not sure you can limit it to groups who can or can't afford to go. You'd need to really see which groups came forward and how many they'd use. The community involvement aspect of SMISA is something that will always see debate, but it's impossible to get 100% agreement.

Further guidance can be sought by contacting SMISA direct, I'm only on the committee in an advisory role at the moment. I wouldn't want any personal view or interpretation of discussion to end up misleading a vote.

20 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

It's so community groups can utilise them to attend a game, though not sure you can limit it to groups who can or can't afford to go. You'd need to really see which groups came forward and how many they'd use. The community involvement aspect of SMISA is something that will always see debate, but it's impossible to get 100% agreement.

Further guidance can be sought by contacting SMISA direct, I'm only on the committee in an advisory role at the moment. I wouldn't want any personal view or interpretation of discussion to end up misleading a vote.

Cheers for response.  Not advocating any form of discrimination, just a wee bit of clarity surrounding the thinking behind it.

Got impression from official wording that club/smisa not expecting any return whatsoever from this outlay.

Edited by woiiftm

11 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

On another note, I would like to see the Club and SMISA promoted better outside the Stadium.  A couple of those massive cardboard cut-out type action shots of Saints players stuck on the grey cladding either side of the Main Stand (and the others later) would be crackin and could incorporate the SMISA logo (or not) 

Among his several excellent ideas, this one from Vambo gave me an idea.

there are some really excellent wall paintings appearing all over Paisley currently.

surely similar could be done to the Stadium?