SMISA March Update

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, div said:

To be fair a lot of kids DO get in for free every week. The club have been giving out free kids season tickets for the family stand for years now.

I only pay £15 per season for my son to sit in the West with me and have done now for years. Next year he'll be 13 so I'll have to buy him a ST but there's no doubt he has the Saints bug good and proper now and it's all been down to the virtually free season ticket he's had up until now.

You could have gotten get a free season ticket in the west stand for your kid with your own. My two grandson's have them as myself and my wife are ST holders.

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Stu said:

Almost time for another vote and we must be overdue a monthly update (unless I missed the one for May).

There wasn't one in May, there was one last week though, check your spam mail, because quite often the links they use cause the emails to drop straight into spam. Don't get too upset if you miss it though, it's just the same as every other update.A load of waffle, a request for suggestions for the July £2 spend, a Renfrew youth team won the draw to have sponsored kit and no news on the HoF boards.

View this email in your browser

9df5467a-3fcd-43a3-944f-b588fed55e70.png

Member Update & Quiz Reminder

bb098c1d-944d-432d-97fd-8151b563c5c0.jpg
0a04d141-a9af-4fdc-bb95-af945b981d96.png

Welcome to the latest update from the trust committee.

St Mirren quiz reminder

Members are reminded tickets are now on sale for our next event – the St Mirren Quiz in the hospitality suite at the stadium on Friday 23 June from 7.30pm.

This will be a chance for all fans to test their Saints knowledge against fellow fans, as well as players and staff past and present.

We are working on having a team of club legends as well as a team of current staff and players – we are hoping Jack Ross will be able to join us on the night.

Tickets are now available on general sale for £5 via this link. All proceeds from the night will go to St Mirren’s youth development.

Plus (£25 per month) and Premium members are entitled to a free place for the event and if you haven’t yet claimed yours, you can still do so by emailing [email protected]

A pay bar will be available on the night and there will be Saints-related prizes to be given out. However the terms of the licence means the event is only open to over-18s.

The exact number of teams will be worked out on the night but you can either form a team with a group of friends, or smaller groups could be combined into bigger teams.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible there for what should be a great night.

Member numbers

Our membership numbers remain stable, at 1,291 at the end of May. As always, we would stress that while trust finances remain healthy, we need your continued support to achieve the ultimate aim of a majority fan-owned club.

The more members we have, the stronger the trust is. We will be working on a few initiatives over the next few months to spread the word about the benefits of membership and to increase our numbers.

Youth team sponsorship

One of the projects our members voted to spend some of the £2 members pot from April on was for SMISA to sponsor a Renfrewshire-based youth team’s kits for the coming season.

We had a number of teams put themselves forward to go into the draw to receive the £700 sponsorship and the draw – conducted by Jack Ross this week – saw Renfrew BC 2005s come out of the hat. Jack is pictured with SMISA’s Kenny Morrison after the draw

8ce9f6e9-30e2-4d2f-a256-cbb62c5c1e7f.jpg

The club will be able to spend the money on new kit which will carry a SMISA sponsor’s logo and we will look to involve them with St Mirren where possible.

We are working on the two other projects agreed as part of the April spend – the replacement of the hall of fame boards in the ground, and a community season ticket scheme – and will update on both soon.

The July spend is almost upon us and we have a number of possible projects we will be able to put before you, with that email to come out in a couple of weeks.

If anybody has an idea they would like us to look into for possible inclusion in this or a future ballot, please send it to [email protected]

Committee changes

The SMISA committee has had a slight reshuffle of roles and responsibilities. The main one is that John White has stepped aside as secretary – a post he has held for a number of years.

John has been involved with SMISA since its start in 2002 and his contribution in that time has been absolutely immeasurable. If not for John and a couple of others who carried the organisation for years, there would have been no SMISA through which #BuyTheBuds could have happened.

Having recently been appointed as one of two Supporter Liaison Officers by the club he has stepped aside from the role of SMISA secretary for workload reasons. However, John will still continue to attend SMISA committee meetings and play a key role in the trust.

The committee have appointed David Riley to replace John as secretary. David has been involved with the committee since last year and brings substantial organisational experience from his role as a senior manager in the airline industry. David can be contacted on [email protected]

The committee have also appointed Louise Swanson to serve as admin secretary and her help to take on some of the group’s workload is greatly appreciated by the others.

The rest of the committee are pleased to have David and Louise on board and look forward to working with both.

As always, if anybody has any questions, please get in touch via [email protected] and we will come back to you.

The SMISA committee

Facebook
Twitter
Website
Email

Copyright © 2017 St. Mirren Independent Supports Association, All rights reserved. 
You are receiving this email as a current member of SMiSA and as such correspondence from us will contain up-to-date information regarding the Association, it's activities and the club itself. 

Our mailing address is: 
St. Mirren Independent Supports Association
smisa c/o St Mirren Football Club Ltd.
The Paisley 2021 Stadium, Greenhill Road
PaisleyPA3 1RU
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

open.php?u=0f54247fc9ff7bbd101a51da4&id=d34c9bc4cc&e=601356da41

There wasn't one in May, there was one last week though, check your spam mail, because quite often the links they use cause the emails to drop straight into spam. Don't get too upset if you miss it though, it's just the same as every other update.A load of waffle, a request for suggestions for the July £2 spend, a Renfrew youth team won the draw to have sponsored kit and no news on the HoF boards.

Like the Murphy's.........

Like the Murphy's.........

There's not a lot else going on to be fair. Some work around the July spend options to cost them and how the vote will be shaped. The HoF boards are on hold as we're looking to get the SMISA members board sorted out first. Obvious background stuff around finances, how we can better capture member views or allow them to submit ideas. Plus updates on where we are on regulatory requirements and updates on that.

Renfrew FC 05's did indeed win the youth kit prize draw and they've placed their order. We'll get a proper article etc on that done when the kit is with them.

As always, contact via email is preferred, views on here will be trawled, picked up, though maybe not always replied to immediately and any offers of assistance are welcome. Neil was invited along, but couldn't make it. I believe there are plans to have some form of wider attendance in some form of meeting...details to follow.

See you all in a month, or at the open day on the 9th. It's good to talk!

3 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

The HoF boards are on hold as we're looking to get the SMISA members board sorted out first.

On hold? FFS. The last time I was asked to supply artwork was either the third or fourth time I had done so since the 2013 inductees of Basher, DVZ and Rankin first required the existing panels to be updated. I reckon I was asked by three different people wearing three different hats, for artwork files.

Blame it on the previous incumbents, blame it on the sunshine, blame it on the boogie for all I care. Four years... 'on hold'.

Just tear the fcuking things down and forget about a physical representation of the Hall of Famers. An absolute joke.

Edited by pozbaird