Lord Pityme

Skyview and Involvement with St.Mirren FC

193 posts in this topic

Following today's announcement of Skyview Capital (sounds like the sports direct equivalent of investment firms) becoming not just a sponsor, but a "partner" in the club. Does the thought of a a US private investment company getting their feet under the table trouble any other smisa members or fans?

look at the clusterf**k that befell  Dundee amongst others.

edit: sadly and for reasons best known to himself The site owner has moved this thread to the Smisa section where it obviously doesnt belong, and changed the actual title from "US private investment firm moves in on Smfc"  to something suggesting a takeover which I certainly did not write.

Skyview Capital was founded by Alex Soltani who is the current CEO. All relevant information is on the web for those who desire to know more about where the money is coming from.

Re-edit: as you can see the site owner has changed the thread title again, moved the thread again and contributed to a series of false accusations and statements. It seems someone in power is very touchy about background checks on the legitimacy of individuals or businesses putting money into what is a Fan-Owned club. Seems they just don't want the fans to know or ask too much?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the information available just now, it seems to me that they will have no influence over the running or stewardship of the club.

I won't pretend that I didn't raise an eyebrow, but, assuming they don't indulge in unethical practices and are merely a sponsor, I'll not be assuming that there is anything potentially sinister in this. Unless, of course, anyone can provide any evidence to the contrary.

ETA: the thread title seems to be unnecessarily alarmist and sensationalist, no?

Edited by Drew
Kendo, smcc, E=Mc2 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really. If anything, they might help. As part of a 10 year plan to fan ownership, adopting short term partners and sponsors seems logical

Quote

About Skyview Capital, LLC
Skyview Capital is a global private investment firm headquartered in Beverly Hills, 
California, which specializes in the acquisition and management of mission critical 
enterprises in the areas of technology, telecommunications, business services and 
manufacturing. By leveraging its operational resources and financial acumen, 
Skyview Capital systematically enhances the long-term sustainable value of the 
businesses it acquires. To date, Skyview Capital has successfully completed over 
25 transactions within its target market verticals. Visit www.skyviewcapital.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed Gordon had a legally binding agreement with SMiSA whereby they had the option of buying the majority shareholding of the club.

At least I think that's why me and the boy are shelling out money every month to SMiSA.

Am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, div said:

I assumed Gordon had a legally binding agreement with SMiSA whereby they had the option of buying the majority shareholding of the club.

At least I think that's why me and the boy are shelling out money every month to SMiSA.

Am I wrong?

If you are, then my payments stop.  Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, div said:

I assumed Gordon had a legally binding agreement with SMiSA whereby they had the option of buying the majority shareholding of the club.

At least I think that's why me and the boy are shelling out money every month to SMiSA.

Am I wrong?

That was my view too, its altered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Pityme said:

That was my view too, its altered.

As someone who I thought was part of the SMiSA board, I find that statement a bit worrying.

Care to elaborate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, div said:

As someone who I thought was part of the SMiSA board, I find that statement a bit worrying.

Care to elaborate?

One of several fundemental reasons (didnt know about Skyview until today) for distancing myself from smisa board. It will be an 'interesting' AGM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kid you not..! This geezer is Mr Skyview Capital.... they seek him here, they seek him there (Dubai and counting) surely he got pissed, fell asleep and his mates drew that shit on his face..?

 

IMG_1030.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, at the moment, it is just another sponsor, an advertiser, a source of income...

Skyview already have some Scottish investments and would presumably like more... 

For Skyview, being associated with a well-run, community-owned club, owning its own new stadium and no debts - close to the airport - might be a fine way of advertising their services to other Scottish Companies.  Their General Counsel, Jim Hall, appears to have first worked at a couple of top Scottish Commercial Law outfits... he may be originally from the US but he has Scottish knowledge and background and, for all I know, be a Buddie...

I'm guessing he/his employer/company know GLS from elsewhere. 

Until I sense that I'm being treated like one of the Gullibillies of Clumpany, I will persevere with my perhaps naïve belief, that there's no harm in it.

Edited by antrin
Drew and saintnextlifetime like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I kid you not..! This geezer is Mr Skyview Capital.... they seek him here, they seek him there (Dubai and counting) surely he got pissed, fell asleep and his mates drew that shit on his face..?

 

IMG_1030.JPG

Looks like Scott Brown with a dodgy drawn on tache and eyebrows.

Magic Monkey and scabbydug37 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spam_Valley said:

Looks like Scott Brown with a dodgy drawn on tache and eyebrows.

Thats Mr Alex Soltani... remember his name you will hear it mentioned a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats Mr Alex Soltani... remember his name you will hear it mentioned a lot more.

Given your previous with mischievous shit stirring, I'm inclined to take this with a pinch of salt. If you have more substance to back up your angle, why not share?

Crying wolf again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Drew said:

Given your previous with mischievous shit stirring, I'm inclined to take this with a pinch of salt. If you have more substance to back up your angle, why not share?

Crying wolf again?

Sorry are you suggesting that Alex Soltani is not his name? Try the t'internet bud, its ever so useful.

1 minute ago, div said:

I'm going to move this thread to the SMiSA section and rename it. I don't think the new club sponsor being abused on day one is a particularly good thing for them to see.

Can you please tell me where I have abused the new club sponsor, and what has he go to do with Smisa???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

 

Can you please tell me where I have abused the new club sponsor....???

Oh, I do believe ye ken fine!  :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, antrin said:

Oh, I do believe ye ken fine!  :rolleyes:

 

C'mon the eyebrows and moustache..? I'd like to see him try and pull,off thst look in Cafufals of a Friday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, antrin said:

For me, at the moment, it is just another sponsor, an advertiser, a source of income...

Skyview already have some Scottish investments and would presumably like more... 

For Skyview, being associated with a well-run, community-owned club, owning its own new stadium and no debts - close to the airport - might be a fine way of advertising their services to other Scottish Companies.  Their General Counsel, Jim Hall, appears to have first worked at a couple of top Scottish Commercial Law outfits... he may be originally from the US but he has Scottish knowledge and background and, for all I know, be a Buddie...

I'm guessing he/his employer/company know GLS from elsewhere. 

Until I sense that I'm being treated like one of the Gullibillies of Clumpany. I will persevere with my perhaps naïve belief, that there's no harm in it.

Going by this he lives just along the road: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC540604/officers

The most interesting thing I could find out about Alex Soltani on Google is he once bought Dr Dre's house. That and the Skyview (which admittedly sounds like the sort of firm a Bond baddie would run) offices appear to be based in the same building used for the exterior shots of the law firm offices in the TV series Franklin and Bash.

Dunno how many folk read this document at the end of the sponsorship announcement: http://www.stmirren.com/images/downloads/Skyview-Capital-Announces-Sponsorship-Deal-with-St-Mirren-Football-Club.pdf

Aren't Partick Thistle's sponsors (the ones who spawned Kingsley) in a similar line of business to our new chums?

Edited by Stu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

C'mon the eyebrows and moustache..? I'd like to see him try and pull,off thst look in Cafufals of a Friday night.

Well....  I used to carry it off fine in The Flamingo Ballroom...

 

Once upon a time...   :(

Lord Pityme likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, div said:

I assumed Gordon had a legally binding agreement with SMiSA whereby they had the option of buying the majority shareholding of the club.

At least I think that's why me and the boy are shelling out money every month to SMiSA.

Am I wrong?

I guess the ambiguity is why neither myself, sons or grandsons are.

Lord Pityme likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Following today's announcement of Skyview Capital (sounds like the sports direct equivalent of investment firms) becoming not just a sponsor, but a "partner" in the club. Does the thought of a a US private investment company getting their feet under the table trouble any other smisa members or fans?

look at the clusterf**k that befell  Dundee amongst others.

 

 

What blatant shit stirring !!

I suspect you post innuendo so that you can retract exactly what you are trying to shit stir when it blows up in your face. “I never said that I just asked a question”

So we get a company that is willing to sponsor the club and the first thing you do is question their motives and slag off their CEO. What you fail to do is realise or deliberately exclude from your post is that one of the guys on their board resides in Lochwinoch and is probably the St Mirren Fan that was instrumental in the sponsorship deal.

Never saw the same outrage when companies like Braehead, CETCO, Grahams Buses to name a few wanted to sponsor the club

 

davidg, kevo_smfc, E=Mc2 and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Hopefully this is a decent deal putting a decent wad into the coffers.

Which is what any non shit stirring poster should be thinking.

Leith Buddie and E=Mc2 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I guess the ambiguity is why neither myself, sons or grandsons are.

There is of course a cast iron agreement in place.  My sarcasm was perhaps lost there.

Sonny likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Can you please tell me where I have abused the new club sponsor, and what has he go to do with Smisa???

Can you please tell me where I said you had abused the new club sponsor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now