Skyview and Involvement with St.Mirren FC

Lord Pityme

On 4/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, TsuMirren said:

Nowhere does it say that Skyview are partners in the club itself, it does though say that the club has entered in to a partnership with them. It's blatantly obvious there's nothing untoward going on and that it's a standard sponsorship partnership. I also see no reason why SMISA should have been aware of Skyview or even Joma until the announcement was made.

Commercial partners, just as all the sponsors are. Some people just like to have something to moan about - it's the old woman in them that likes to come out to get their knickers in a know.

The idea that the club has to explain all deals to the fans is bizarre. Even when we do own the club that won't be the case.

The hysteria stirred up by those desperate to convince smisa members and fans that they shouldnt be concerned with any decision the club board take, or indeed who they do business with is risible. The smisa membership OWN nearly thirty percent of the CLUB, only one person on the club board owns more!

But for reasons and agendas best known to themselves some would have you believe its wrong to ask, enquire,research and find out about an orginisation which as far as anyone has been able to deduce so far is getting nothing out of sponsoring the club. In the press release from the commercial manager there is nothing indicating whats in it for Skyview?

its usually very easy to see whats in it for a local business, local advertising, local sales, job creation etc, etc.... but as far as I can see the ordinary punter at smfc cant readily access Skyview business services, and given our media coverage is mainly contained to BBC alba and Saints TV it seems that any shirt deal wont be getting millions of eyes on it.

a simple question therfor, requiring a simple answer, whats in it for Skyview? The commercial manager indicates he hopes the deal will lead to their greater involvement, ok... what does that look like? If we own thirty percent of the business we have a right to know, and an obligation to find out. If its all good then why the huge witch hunt if you dare to mention it? Tell us why its good for us and them. Thats usually what is shouted from the roof tops when a deal like this is signed!

on a different note, and something I have purposely not copied the link to here so as not to offend those who sit waiting to be offended. Check out the story in todays Herald regarding the US investors who bought Formula one. I say again i am not linking them with anyone or anything. But it shows if you dont as a major shareholder do your due dilligence, ask the questions etc how it can come back big time to bite your ass. There is a new club just down the Paisley Rd whi fail to check credentials time afer time and look at the rolling shit storm they have to endure!

if its all good, then ffs show us that, give us the reasons to get onboard and big it up!

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The hysteria stirred up by those desperate to convince smisa members and fans that they shouldnt be concerned with any decision the club board take, or indeed who they do business with is risible. The smisa membership OWN nearly thirty percent of the CLUB, only one person on the club board owns more!

But for reasons and agendas best known to themselves some would have you believe its wrong to ask, enquire,research and find out about an orginisation which as far as anyone has been able to deduce so far is getting nothing out of sponsoring the club. In the press release from the commercial manager there is nothing indicating whats in it for Skyview?

its usually very easy to see whats in it for a local business, local advertising, local sales, job creation etc, etc.... but as far as I can see the ordinary punter at smfc cant readily access Skyview business services, and given our media coverage is mainly contained to BBC alba and Saints TV it seems that any shirt deal wont be getting millions of eyes on it.

a simple question therfor, requiring a simple answer, whats in it for Skyview? The commercial manager indicates he hopes the deal will lead to their greater involvement, ok... what does that look like? If we own thirty percent of the business we have a right to know, and an obligation to find out. If its all good then why the huge witch hunt if you dare to mention it? Tell us why its good for us and them. Thats usually what is shouted from the roof tops when a deal like this is signed!

on a different note, and something I have purposely not copied the link to here so as not to offend those who sit waiting to be offended. Check out the story in todays Herald regarding the US investors who bought Formula one. I say again i am not linking them with anyone or anything. But it shows if you dont as a major shareholder do your due dilligence, ask the questions etc how it can come back big time to bite your ass. There is a new club just down the Paisley Rd whi fail to check credentials time afer time and look at the rolling shit storm they have to endure!

if its all good, then ffs show us that, give us the reasons to get onboard and big it up!

A wee lesson for you here.

If you had simply said "Hey this is great news that we have a sponsor but having looked at their website I can't see how they gain from working with us. Does anyone know why they are interested in us" you would probably have had a decent response.

Instead you pull your usual tin hat conspiracy theory guff, mention "evidence" being available online, casually throw some doubt on the motives behind the partnership insinuating some kind of underhand scheme at work and then spend the next 20 pages both professing your innocence and strangely at the same time calling everyone who doesn't believe you as "gullible" despite not actually detailing the specifics of your point.

You are an attention seeker. Someone absolutely desperate to be important. What bothers me is your timing. You attempt to sow seeds of discord when the team is at the business end of a battle against relegation. This is all about you. It's is ALWAYS all about you.

Edited by oaksoft

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You mention the American company that BOUGHT f1. as if it is a turn for the worse for that sport .For what it's worth , why not do some research into F1s previous regime and explain exactly what they could possibly do to tarnish the reputation of Ecclestone & co any further !!

Also , can you explain why you think buying something like F1 can possibly be compared to renting space on a Jersey ?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye, but your missing the point.

They are going to paint Skyview Capital on the roofs of the 4 Stands, so when the 9.4 million passengers that fly in and out of Glasgow Airport in a year look out the plane window, they'll have a sky view of the Skyview adverts. Thats my view of the sky view situation! View got it LPM? It's not rocket science - if it was it would be outer space view! 

Edited by sally02

41 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You mention the American company that BOUGHT f1. as if it is a turn for the worse for that sport .For what it's worth , why not do some research into F1s previous regime and explain exactly what they could possibly do to tarnish the reputation of Ecclestone & co any further !!

Also , can you explain why you think buying something like F1 can possibly be compared to renting space on a Jersey ?

I see the Herald article is co-written by Chrystian Salt, who is to Bernie Ecclestone what Jim "succulent lamb" was to David Murray.

Maybe they were just persuaded to invest their money via the sponsorship deal. Key phrase that, sponsorship deal. Its nothing like what happened at Dundee and they don't exactly have their feet under the table, unless it's one at hospitality. They may have plans in the UK, but why announce them and allow their competitors to hear it and potentially beat them, to it. There's no cause for concern, heck it's not even like the CETCO deal or LDV Vans caused us problems. There's no agenda either, aside from maybe fans trying to be welcoming instead of confrontational.

Going by what I've been told, Skyview read your comments and actually felt a need to contact Div to defend their position. Do you seriously think they should have been placed in that position? They mentioned they were impressed with our setup, should that not be a positive?

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sorry i didnt do the uppercase you suggest. That company unquestionably bought F1. If you disagree please share with us. Personally F1 is a rich kid pastime which actually precludes sport as the "team" or "money" championship s the one only one that matters. So whatever befalls it is water off my back. Its there for anyone to own as Ecclestone proved.

4 hours ago, sally02 said:

Aye, but your missing the point.

They are going to paint Skyview Capital on the roofs of the 4 Stands, so when the 9.4 million passengers that fly in and out of Glasgow Airport in a year look out the plane window, they'll have a sky view of the Skyview adverts. Thats my view of the sky view situation! View got it LPM? It's not rocket science - if it was it would be outer space view! 

Look forward to that paycheck coming in then, how do those people en route to Teneriffe or Southampton access Skyview Services though?

2 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Maybe they were just persuaded to invest their money via the sponsorship deal. Key phrase that, sponsorship deal. Its nothing like what happened at Dundee and they don't exactly have their feet under the table, unless it's one at hospitality. They may have plans in the UK, but why announce them and allow their competitors to hear it and potentially beat them, to it. There's no cause for concern, heck it's not even like the CETCO deal or LDV Vans caused us problems. There's no agenda either, aside from maybe fans trying to be welcoming instead of confrontational.

Going by what I've been told, Skyview read your comments and actually felt a need to contact Div to defend their position. Do you seriously think they should have been placed in that position? They mentioned they were impressed with our setup, should that not be a positive?

WTF...!

on a sparsely patronised Scottish championship football fans forum we are lead believe a multi bllion global concern have saw the need to contact Div (not the club they are putting money into) to shore up whatever they think needs shoring up, amd Div has taken it up the 'Ronson Lighter' to try and suppress any free speech on the subject...?

FFS Kenny if what you say hangs true, as a wholly independent and fully representative body of the support SMISA should be all over this unprecedenteded suppression of our society's values and principles.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

WTF...!

on a sparsely patronised Scottish championship football fans forum we are lead believe a multi bllion global concern have saw the need to contact Div (not the club they are putting money into) to shore up whatever they think needs shoring up, amd Div has taken it up the 'Ronson Lighter' to try and suppress any free speech on the subject...?

FFS Kenny if what you say hangs true, as a wholly independent and fully representative body of the support SMISA should be all over this unprecedenteded suppression of our society's values and principles.

I did think this was unlikely, or, TBH, absolute bollox. :lol:

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry i didnt do the uppercase you suggest. That company unquestionably bought F1. If you disagree please share with us. Personally F1 is a rich kid pastime which actually precludes sport as the "team" or "money" championship s the one only one that matters. So whatever befalls it is water off my back. Its there for anyone to own as Ecclestone proved.

Why would I disagree with something I pointed out ?:huh:

You say F1 doesn't matter to you yet You were the one to bring it into this discussion as an example of poor decision making :huh: 

You are a very mixed up individual.

Why would I disagree with something I pointed out ?:huh:
You say F1 doesn't matter to you yet You were the one to bring it into this discussion as an example of poor decision making :huh: 
You are a very mixed up individual.

So to pass your! Test... When quoting or using anything known/unknown to man, the entity in question has to "matter to you"..?
Your rule there would just about sound the death knell for all forums, and all discussion down the pub if applied. You must be struggling for a comeback?

14 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

WTF...!

I've tried to suppress free speech, by leaving the topic published?

That's a new one.

1 hour ago, div said:

I've tried to suppress free speech, by leaving the topic published?

That's a new one.

I think that classes as a 'whoosh' against you as I was rather emotively pointing out the flaws and massive leaps of suggestion in Kenny's post.

that said your decision to move and change the thread title a few times is curious. I don't think is either Smisa business, or a rumour that Skyview Capital are club sponsors/partners.

1 hour ago, melmac said:

Am I right in thinking this is the new Watergate but we just don't know it yet? Or is it just a lot of horseshit for no real reason?

I might be wrong here, but the 'issue' if there is an issue, is that if we had announced our new primary shirt sponsor was McGill's Buses, the Paisley 2021 Campaign, The Buddie Good Food Van, or Big Front Door - then we could see what was in it for both club and sponsor.

The fact that the new primary shirt sponsor is a California-based investment company who seem to have no obvious need for their name to be emblazoned across the shirt of a relegation-threatened lower league football club in a country several thousand miles away from them is, it must be said, puzzling.

I'm not sure what, if anything, to take from Lord Lookatme's tear-stained meltdown (it's a whopper), but trying to piece his waffling together, it appears he's suggesting there's some dodgy dealing going on. They are more than shirt sponsors. They are possibly going to try and wrestle control of the club for their own purposes, and the club are whoring themselves to these dodgy characters without regard for where their money comes from. Could be a front for Colombian drug barons. Could be a front for the campaign to re-elect Donald Trump. Could be a front for a dodgy stick-on eyebrow and moustache manufacturing company owned by Ernst Stavro Blofeld...

Am I close?

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I might be wrong here, but the 'issue' if there is an issue, is that if we had announced our new primary shirt sponsor was McGill's Buses, the Paisley 2021 Campaign, The Buddie Good Food Van, or Big Front Door - then we could see what was in it for both club and sponsor.

The fact that the new primary shirt sponsor is a California-based investment company who seem to have no obvious need for their name to be emblazoned across the shirt of a relegation-threatened lower league football club in a country several thousand miles away from them is, it must be said, puzzling.

I'm not sure what, if anything, to take from Lord Lookatme's tear-stained meltdown (it's a whopper), but trying to piece his waffling together, it appears he's suggesting there's some dodgy dealing going on. They are more than shirt sponsors. They are possibly going to try and wrestle control of the club for their own purposes, and the club are whoring themselves to these dodgy characters without regard for where their money comes from. Could be a front for Colombian drug barons. Could be a front for the campaign to re-elect Donald Trump. Could be a front for a dodgy stick-on eyebrow and moustache manufacturing company owned by Ernst Stavro Blofeld...

Am I close?

Who knows.

I genuinely have no idea what his point is.

I didnt understand his "10000 whores" nonsense either.