Skyview and Involvement with St.Mirren FC

Lord Pityme

I think that classes as a 'whoosh' against you as I was rather emotively pointing out the flaws and massive leaps of suggestion in Kenny's post.
that said your decision to move and change the thread title a few times is curious. I don't think is either Smisa business, or a rumour that Skyview Capital are club sponsors/partners.

Consider me well and truly whooshed by the whole thread pal.

I've absolutely no idea what your problem is with us getting a new shirt sponsor but you fire on right ahead with your one man campaign to save the club from all these pesky f**kers that want to give the club money.

7 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Am I the only one who can't stop laughing while reading this thread?  I mean dodgy moustaches and eyebrows, money laundering, whoring and some ranting.  It's monty python at its best. 

The dodgy eyebrows and 'tache are undeniable facts. The rest though... :mellow:

On 30/03/2017 at 3:18 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Following today's announcement of Skyview Capital (sounds like the sports direct equivalent of investment firms) becoming not just a sponsor, but a "partner" in the club. Does the thought of a a US private investment company getting their feet under the table trouble any other smisa members or fans?

look at the clusterf**k that befell  Dundee amongst others.

edit: sadly and for reasons best known to himself The site owner has moved this thread to the Smisa section where it obviously doesnt belong, and changed the actual title from "US private investment firm moves in on Smfc"  to something suggesting a takeover which I certainly did not write.

Skyview Capital was founded by Alex Soltani who is the current CEO. All relevant information is on the web for those who desire to know more about where the money is coming from.

Re-edit: as you can see the site owner has changed the thread title again, moved the thread again and contributed to a series of false accusations and statements. It seems someone in power is very touchy about background checks on the legitimacy of individuals or businesses putting money into what is a Fan-Owned club. Seems they just don't want the fans to know or ask too much?

Just out of interest what clusterf**k was that? Think you might be getting your clusterf**ks mixed up

20 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think that classes as a 'whoosh' against you as I was rather emotively pointing out the flaws and massive leaps of suggestion in Kenny's post.

that said your decision to move and change the thread title a few times is curious. I don't think is either Smisa business, or a rumour that Skyview Capital are club sponsors/partners.

I think you're right - this isn't "Smisa Business" or a "Rumour". I think this should go in the "General Nonsense" section, but only due to the absence of a "Complete F@*king Bollocks" section...

Maybe it's wrong to simply ask if it isnt obvious, why an organisation wants to sponsor the club when there is no apparent payback for them?

if Skyview dont or cant tell us why they want to plough cash into a Scottish championship/League one club for no apparent gain, who are we (as thirty per cent shareholders) to ask why?

maybe we should just look away, take the money and be happy? I mean what could possibly go wrong?

all the usual abuse, by the usual abusers is a bit embarrassing for them? as not one of them knows why Skyview want to give us their cash either.... "aye its a pish thread, we dont know why its a pish thread, other than Div told us it was"

6 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

As you've still not named any individual SMISA board member that arent honest, would it be correct to assume you're claiming they're all dishonest?

Openness emoji23.png

What a scandalous, embarrassing suggestion on your part, I hope a few of the smisa committee members see it and call you on it.

21 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Skyview, have told us. You might not like or understand their apparent reasons but they have told us.

Just click on the link for it. http://www.stmirren.com/news/commercial/commercial-news/752-st-mirren-announce-new-partnerships

Skyview Capital Announces Sponsorship Deal with St Mirren Football Club
Los Angeles, CA (USA) & Paisley, Scotland – March 30th 2017

Skyview Capital is delighted to be confirmed as the Principal Sponsor of St. Mirren Football Club for the season 2017/18. As a private equity firm based in Beverly Hills, California, some may question why Skyview Capital might be interested in club sponsorship halfway around the world. The answer is simple.

Skyview Capital operates wholly owned portfolio companies in many countries and their products and services can be found in virtually every corner of the globe. Indeed, some of these products and services benefit enterprises right here in Scotland – some within a stone throw of the Paisley 2021 Stadium! While not household names, our portfolio companies provide large companies with solutions that make meaningful differences in operational efficiency and cost savings. Our own strategic plans will see us increase our presence in the UK in particular and, to that end, we are constantly investigating investment opportunities.

Yip... like i said no real reason given, just a shit load of corporate speak. Unless you can tell us from that gobbledygook what is actually in it for Skyview? They even state why "some may question why"... and you can always rely on me to be that "some", theres is no way i would stand by and let the club we own a chunk of, and will majority own sleepwalk into unecessary problems/publicity.

i get why people dont take to individuals like me who will question, and seek reassurances. I guess being unpopular goes with making sure the club is kept as a community asset. I have no problem with that.

Maybe it's wrong to simply ask if it isnt obvious, why an organisation wants to sponsor the club when there is no apparent payback for them?

if Skyview dont or cant tell us why they want to plough cash into a Scottish championship/League one club for no apparent gain, who are we (as thirty per cent shareholders) to ask why?

maybe we should just look away, take the money and be happy? I mean what could possibly go wrong?

all the usual abuse, by the usual abusers is a bit embarrassing for them? as not one of them knows why Skyview want to give us their cash either.... "aye its a pish thread, we dont know why its a pish thread, other than Div told us it was"

You didn't "simply ask if it isnt obvious, why an organisation wants to sponsor the club when there is no apparent payback for them?"

You started going on about clusterf*cks, them getting their feet under the table and making all sorts of daft implications as to underhand goings on.

If you applied the tiniest amount of tact or subtlety to the argument, you might have had a debate, rather than being broadly mocked for your over excitement.

Then again, if you'd applied any tact or subtlety we'd have assumed your account had been hacked...[emoji6]

30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

and you can always rely on me to be that "some", theres is no way i would stand by and let the club we own a chunk of, and will majority own sleepwalk into unecessary problems/publicity.

i get why people dont take to individuals like me who will question, and seek reassurances.

I guess being unpopular goes with making sure the club is kept as a community asset.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

You didn't "simply ask if it isnt obvious, why an organisation wants to sponsor the club when there is no apparent payback for them?"

You started going on about clusterf*cks, them getting their feet under the table and making all sorts of daft implications as to underhand goings on.

If you applied the tiniest amount of tact or subtlety to the argument, you might have had a debate, rather than being broadly mocked for your over excitement.

Then again, if you'd applied any tact or subtlety we'd have assumed your account had been hacked...emoji6.png

So you dont know why they bought into the club sponsorship either? A one- liner would have sufficed.

I was having a look at the programme, and I noticed that Stevie Mallans home jersey is sponsored by a couple from west Hartford, Connecticut, USA.  Who are these people?  Did we do due diligence on them? What's in it for them? Why the f*ck are Americans putting money into SMFC?  Something stinks.

Interesting read hopefully this will stop a certain individual bleating on about needing to know why a company wants to invest in sponsoring OUR club. 

Los Angeles, CA (USA) & Paisley, Scotland – March 30th 2017 – Skyview Capital is delighted to be confirmed as the Principal Sponsor of St. Mirren Football Club for the season 2017/18. As a private equity firm based in Beverly Hills, California, some may question why Skyview Capital might be interested in club sponsorship halfway around the world. The answer is simple.

Skyview Capital operates wholly owned portfolio companies in many countries and their products and services can be found in virtually every corner of the
globe. Indeed, some of these products and services benefit enterprises right here in Scotland – some within a stone throw of the Paisley 2021 Stadium! While not household names, our portfolio companies provide large companies with solutions that make meaningful differences in operational efficiency and cost savings. Our own strategic plans will see us increase our presence in the UK in particular and, to that end, we are constantly investigating investment opportunities.

At the same time, harbouring an innate interest in sports of all persuasions, the principals of Skyview Capital have long held a desire to combine these personal interests with the business experience garnered over a number of years in many robust and fast paced industries. In addition to sponsorship support, we are keen to make available to the Club a wealth of commercial experience that may be of benefit as St. Mirren moves into the realm of fan ownership. While we recognise that management of a football club is entirely different than running a business, we are excited at the prospect of finding common denominators so that our commercial experience can be put to work in what is, for us, an avocation. While our standard business model sees Skyview Capital take outright ownership of an enterprise, we believe the concept of sponsorship, and not ownership, will allow us to take a more consultative approach to our involvement; being available only if needed.

We have followed St Mirren with keen interest over the last year in particular. We have observed the trials and tribulations as the Club fought off rival suitors and navigated its way to fan ownership. We have been impressed with the running of the Club, including the fact that it has no debt, has sole ownership of a relatively new stadium, is cash flow positive, has a dedicated team wearing multiple hats – all in support of maintaining a community club. It is that sense of community that most attracted us to St Mirren. We are aware of a great number of initiatives supported by the Club that are not routinely publicised. Many will be aware of the activities in the Dome and the Street Stuff programme operating in all areas of Renfrewshire. For its own reasons, the Club does not normally speak of some of the other initiatives it carries out in the surrounding community it serves, and we will respect that decision by not mentioning those here. However, we are impressed and it is the primary reason why we believe sponsorship support of a club like St Mirren is highly justified.

We are truly excited at the prospect of our alliance with St Mirren Football Club and the opportunity to contribute to what we believe is a sound business
enterprise. Aligned with our passion for sport, we look forward to supporting Gordon Scott and Campbell Kennedy, and the broader St Mirren community, in the coming year 

Edited by Clydebanksaint
Added o

4 hours ago, saint in exile said:

I was having a look at the programme, and I noticed that Stevie Mallans home jersey is sponsored by a couple from west Hartford, Connecticut, USA.  Who are these people?  Did we do due diligence on them? What's in it for them? Why the f*ck are Americans putting money into SMFC?  Something stinks.

:P:):clapping

Hold on , he`ll be frantically googling away !!

13 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Interesting read hopefully this will stop a certain individual bleating on about needing to know why a company wants to invest in sponsoring OUR club. 

For its own reasons, the Club does not normally speak of some of the other initiatives it carries out in the surrounding community it serves, and we will respect that decision by not mentioning those here. However, we are impressed and it is the primary reason why we believe sponsorship support of a club like St Mirren is highly justified.

I've read through the complete Skyview conspiracy threat. LPM has asked a fairly simple question "What's in it for them" and maybe he went about it the wrong way but this paragraph from the Skyview statement is rather mystifying. What initiatives are we not speaking about and why? What are the club not telling us that skyview are in on?

Feck someboby could be on to some thing here.

Someone suggested Columbo in an earlier thread

Maybe that's not a bad shout

:withstupid

Just one more question sir.........About those eyebrows and that tash.

12 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I've read through the complete Skyview conspiracy threat. LPM has asked a fairly simple question "What's in it for them" and maybe he went about it the wrong way but this paragraph from the Skyview statement is rather mystifying. What initiatives are we not speaking about and why? What are the club not telling us that skyview are in on?

No, someone suggested LPM should use less Columbian. :red

Edited by Bud the Baker

20 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

The paragraph doesn't say sky view are in on anything and the club does not need to diviulge absolutely everything it does to anyone. And their statement clearly states their expertise in financial acumen will hopefully stand the club in good stead for moving over to a fan owned club and any other pitfalls they may find since taking over certain people on here believe there is always an alternate motive. And any company that sponsors any club never divulge everything to do with the sponsorship some people need to just accept our club have done well to get sponsorship after choosing to move away from the crap fest that is JD sports. Besides that what is on it for joma then making kits for a team currently second bottom of the championship given they have worldwide recognition from other clubs under their umbrella 

15 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

The paragraph doesn't say sky view are in on anything and the club does not need to diviulge absolutely everything it does to anyone. And their statement clearly states their expertise in financial acumen will hopefully stand the club in good stead for moving over to a fan owned club and any other pitfalls they may find since taking over certain people on here believe there is always an alternate motive. And any company that sponsors any club never divulge everything to do with the sponsorship some people need to just accept our club have done well to get sponsorship after choosing to move away from the crap fest that is JD sports. Besides that what is on it for joma then making kits for a team currently second bottom of the championship given they have worldwide recognition from other clubs under their umbrella 

AH! but what are these things the club do not speak of that have impressed skyview and are the primary reason they are getting involved?

LPM on Columbian too.  Could there be a connection?

:withstupid.

Do we Call in Columbo should be the next SMISA Vote

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Columbian necktie