Skyview and Involvement with St.Mirren FC

Lord Pityme

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, oaksoft said:

You are an attention seeker. Someone absolutely desperate to be important. What bothers me is your timing. You attempt to sow seeds of discord when the team is at the business end of a battle against relegation. This is all about you. It's is ALWAYS all about you.

I love ironic posts!

On 09/04/2017 at 11:39 AM, East Lothian Saint said:

AH! but what are these things the club do not speak of that have impressed skyview and are the primary reason they are getting involved?

LPM on Columbian too.  Could there be a connection?

:withstupid.

Do we Call in Columbo should be the next SMISA Vote

Consider the Lillies...

On 07/04/2017 at 11:50 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe it's wrong to simply ask if it isnt obvious, why an organisation wants to sponsor the club when there is no apparent payback for them?

if Skyview dont or cant tell us why they want to plough cash into a Scottish championship/League one club for no apparent gain, who are we (as thirty per cent shareholders) to ask why?

maybe we should just look away, take the money and be happy? I mean what could possibly go wrong?

all the usual abuse, by the usual abusers is a bit embarrassing for them? as not one of them knows why Skyview want to give us their cash either.... "aye its a pish thread, we dont know why its a pish thread, other than Div told us it was"

The Skyview link is through a chap called Jim Hall who is a St.Mirren supporter who was born in Paisley but brought up in the most part in the States before he returned to Scotland where he now lives.

Here's what Jim does for Skyview;

http://www.skyviewcapital.com/about/leadership/jim-hall/

Jim is well known to the previous board and to Campbell in the commercial dept.

The company is looking to increase their profile in the UK and this is part of that.

As far as I can see in answer to your question "What could possibly go wrong" the only risk I see here would be the company failing to pay the bill, and us ending up in a situation like the CETCO sponsorship of 99/00. As a fan and a member of SMiSA personally I'm happy to leave the commercial details up to the board and the commercial department as that is their job.

SMiSA have an elected representative on the board of the club. In my view he's there to represent the fans.

Not really sure why you are making such a big issue out of some shirt sponsorship to be honest.

It seems a slightly baffling approach to start throwing mud at a major new sponsor of the football club. Certainly if it was my business I wouldn't be best pleased to have my organisation ridiculed online for daring to sponsor the club.

On 13/04/2017 at 10:55 AM, div said:

The Skyview link is through a chap called Jim Hall who is a St.Mirren supporter who was born in Paisley but brought up in the most part in the States before he returned to Scotland where he now lives.

Here's what Jim does for Skyview;

http://www.skyviewcapital.com/about/leadership/jim-hall/

Jim is well known to the previous board and to Campbell in the commercial dept.

The company is looking to increase their profile in the UK and this is part of that.

As far as I can see in answer to your question "What could possibly go wrong" the only risk I see here would be the company failing to pay the bill, and us ending up in a situation like the CETCO sponsorship of 99/00. As a fan and a member of SMiSA personally I'm happy to leave the commercial details up to the board and the commercial department as that is their job.

SMiSA have an elected representative on the board of the club. In my view he's there to represent the fans.

Not really sure why you are making such a big issue out of some shirt sponsorship to be honest.

It seems a slightly baffling approach to start throwing mud at a major new sponsor of the football club. Certainly if it was my business I wouldn't be best pleased to have my organisation ridiculed online for daring to sponsor the club.

You are probably right Div, maybe i am reading too much into the bit on their press release where they say....

"While our standard business model sees Skyview Capital take outright ownership of an enterprise, we believe the concept of sponsorship, and not ownership, will allow us to take a more consultative approach to our involvement;"

i suppose they can always change their minds when it suits..?

and are you passing on a thinly veiled threat in that last line? Schoolboy error putting it into the public domain!

1 minute ago, div said:

If Skyview really wanted to buy the club why didn't they do it when it was up for sale for 7 years?

No idea, but acquiring businesses, distressed or investment opportunities that they can sell on is what they do. They aren't in the business of giving struggling football clubs around the world money for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No idea, but acquiring businesses, distressed or investment opportunities that they can sell on is what they do. They aren't in the business of giving struggling football clubs around the world money for nothing. 

The proposed sports hub might be a good investment and good publicity for an investment company.

Is sponsorship "nothing"?

Is St.Mirren FC really a "struggling football club"?

I thought SMiSA was raising money to buy the majority shareholding of the club over a 10 year period?

Could the detractors please tell me what Skyview think they would gain from buying the club? We don't have much of value. Even the stadium would sell for very little in real terms given the location. It seems to me they have more to gain by being seen sponsoring a small, provincial club with a community at it's heart if they want to positively promote the company to the Scottish market. We don't know the ins and outs of their business in the UK so I for one will take their financial input at face value and believe they are simply paying money to get advertising rights. No more, no less.

Is sponsorship "nothing"?

Is St.Mirren FC really a "struggling football club"?

I thought SMiSA was raising money to buy the majority shareholding of the club over a 10 year period?

Bottom end Scottish championship I class that as struggling
Next season maybe New hope. Sponsorship buys the obvious or the insidious, or both.
Will we see a spate of invest in Skyview Boards around the stadium?
C'mon you get nowt, for nowt.

Next season maybe New hope. Sponsorship buys the obvious or the insidious, or both.

The team has been struggling but the company isn't struggling.

A transfer windfall from McAllister and Naismith, a run to a cup final, a cup quarter final away to Celtic live on TV and bigger gates in the last few weeks than we've had for 2 seasons all suggest the club is in fairly rude health financially.

I find it remarkable that any St.Mirren fan would greet a new major sponsor with anything other than open arms.

JD Sports have been exposed as sweatshop minimum wage dodging f**kers, but yet I can't see a thread where you called them to task?

Strange that isn't it?

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Will we see a spate of advertising boards for Skyview ?  

Well if I was the sponsor I would feckin hope there would be wouldn't you ?

14 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Who's selling.