Skyview and Involvement with St.Mirren FC

Lord Pityme

7 hours ago, div said:

I assumed Gordon had a legally binding agreement with SMiSA whereby they had the option of buying the majority shareholding of the club.

At least I think that's why me and the boy are shelling out money every month to SMiSA.

Am I wrong?

Definitely something brewing here, LPM is not kicking up a stink for the sake of it, and as he states "This is not a SMiSA matter" there has been no consultation with SMiSA over this issue and i don't believe there should be. Worth pointing out however Gordon has other shares which he is not obliged to sell to SMiSA, he is however obliged to ensure that no body other than SMiSA can ever hold more than 50% of the club, and given the SMiSA current shares and those he is obliged to sell us (when we accrue enough money to buy them, which can very possibly be before 10 years are up) SMiSA will hold considerably more than 50% of the shares, under the agreement, if SMiSA accrue the required amount, no other organisation can ever hold a majority share. This is why everyone needs to keep up their subscriptions and if possible convince others to subscribe.

“At Skyview, we strive to create long-term sustainable value within the enterprises we acquire, by providing them with the highest level of financial resources and operational acumen necessary to realize and achieve their full potential. Our investment principles are driven strictly by growth-organic growth, growth through acquisition, and specifically growth through our partnerships with talented executives.”

Alex R. Soltani   |   Chairman & CEO

What a fcuking crock of stinking corporate shite.

The values i subscribe to of Honesty and Openness, and principles of Democratic Member Control and Member Economic Participation preclude me from smisa board membership.

Shame you didnt add politeness and tolerance to your list....

...and the implication of your statement that "your values" noted above mean you cannot be a board member of SMISA as these values are found wanting in that organisation is frankly offensive unless you are prepared to be "open..." and "honest.." and actually say what you mean and so add "transparency" to your values....

.....but i suspect you are more likely to add hipocracy to your values than prove any of your self proclaimed ones noted above..

Yours in Love

[emoji4]

Money coming into the club should never be treated lightly, of course we can use all the money we can get. What we can do without is money gained by questionable means. I have no idea why this company wish to sponsor Saints and i have absolutely no idea where their money comes from. I would like them and the club to explain these points to us. And i am hoping that any investment in our club will be subject to scrutiny by the proper government authorities.

2 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Money coming into the club should never be treated lightly, of course we can use all the money we can get. What we can do without is money gained by questionable means. I have no idea why this company wish to sponsor Saints and i have absolutely no idea where their money comes from. I would like them and the club to explain these points to us. And i am hoping that any investment in our club will be subject to scrutiny by the proper government authorities.

Their money comes from growth-organic growth, and by creating long term sustainable values.

Keep up FFS.

SMiSA own enough shares for a GM and have a board member how on earth do the committee of SMiSA not know this already?

Sorry Richard, you've lost me right away there, what is a GM ?

General Meeting...in otherwords if you gelt the Board were not telling you something that they should you could call a GM (used to be called an EGM) and ask the board direct via a motion

6 minutes ago, rea said:

General Meeting...in otherwords if you gelt the Board were not telling you something that they should you could call a GM (used to be called an EGM) and ask the board direct via a motion

As a member of the board of SMiSA i can quite honestly state that after coming in from a rather enjoyable night out, this is the first i have heard of this deal and i will now ask questions about it, and act accordingly.

As a member of the board of SMiSA i can quite honestly state that after coming in from a rather enjoyable night out, this is the first i have heard of this deal and i will now ask questions about it, and act accordingly.

Fair enough i would assume David should know all about it.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So being a smisa member disqualifies you from checking the background of any business or individual who has bought into the club?

evidence is on the web just search the main man's name...

and most definitely not up for any sort of election. The values i subscribe to of Honesty and Openness, and principles of Democratic Member Control and Member Economic Participation preclude me from smisa board membership.

Why would you possibly think my issue with you is that you have checked the background of a sponsoring company?

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

“At Skyview, we strive to create long-term sustainable value within the enterprises we acquire, by providing them with the highest level of financial resources and operational acumen necessary to realize and achieve their full potential. Our investment principles are driven strictly by growth-organic growth, growth through acquisition, and specifically growth through our partnerships with talented executives.”

Alex R. Soltani   |   Chairman & CEO

What a fcuking crock of stinking corporate shite.

Yeah I must admit that this sort of thing does my head in. Needlessly complex language.

Maybe someone can explain why so many businesspeople feel the need to talk this way.

What he really could have said is "we have tons of cash. we like to give that cash to certain businesses who show great potential for getting much bigger and therefore we get a whole heap of cash back from them when they do. We prefer to buy businesses rather than create them from scratch because it makes our company bigger in a shorter period of time with less risk. We only lend cash we actually have so we remain in business without too much risk. We specifically are attracted by the ability of the top person in each company we buy or lend money to."

Edited by oaksoft

Nothing in this in my opinion.

I know one of the US companies they have acquired and they have a small portfolio in which any football club has no place.

I'd be confident this is a corporate social responsible investment to further their brand or more likely they know Gordon well and want to pop some cash into something to offset their tax and build their brand.

From top to bottom I've seen nothing but improvements in how our club is run since the new board came in.

Like the vast majority of St.Mirren fans I just leave the day to day running of the club to the directors and those employed to carry out duties for the club.

I can't imagine for the life of me what the motive would be behind someone "investigating" a new shirt sponsor and starting to post pictures of directors of that company and ridiculing them on a supporters website the very day they have announced a significant sponsorship deal with the club.

Then we have riddled statements suggesting Gordon doesn't have a binding agreement to sell to SMiSA, we get posts suggesting the SMiSA AGM will be rocky.

All of this coming just over 24 hours before one of the biggest games in the history of the club.

Why would anyone want to start all this now?

Where were all the protests these last few years about JD Sports involvement with the club? A company that was branded "a sweatshop" on national television and widely criticised for it's working conditions for employees?

The investment from Skyview should be warmly received. This ain't some rockets trying to muscle in and buy the club, in actual fact the link between them and Saints comes from a local Saints supporter who Stewart Gilmour has confirmed on twitter "has been around many years".

This is a nothing attempt to gain airtime because of some friction in SMiSA which has led to Lord Pity Me leaving the board.

I couldn't care less about that right now but that is why this thread is where it is and where it will remain.

Concentrate on the football and this sort of utter shite can wait until after the season is over.

9 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Div i would like to ask that you move this out of the SMiSA thread, it has no right being in here as there is no connection other than the OP is someone who subscribes to SMiSA in the same way that you and 1300 or so other members do.

And the OP quite directly mentions and references the "SMiSA" membership in his opening post.

Until I hear something substantial that would give me due concern I would suggest "General Nonsense", "Rumour-Mill" or "Speculation" but heigh-ho I don't mind too much as i'll read it whichever section it is in.

Edited by WeeBud

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah I must admit that this sort of thing does my head in. Needlessly complex language.

Maybe someone can explain why so many businesspeople feel the need to talk this way.

What he really could have said is "we have tons of cash. we like to give that cash to certain businesses who show great potential for getting much bigger and therefore we get a whole heap of cash back from them when they do. We prefer to buy businesses rather than create them from scratch because it makes our company bigger in a shorter period of time with less risk. We only lend cash we actually have so we remain in business without too much risk. We specifically are attracted by the ability of the top person in each company we buy or lend money to."

Or why didn't they just say 'we're moneylenders. Like Wonga, but with better suntans'.

I blame the rise of corporate bullshit-speak on haulage companies. Somewhere, some time ago, someone who owned a large fleet of trucks decided that being a haulage company who lugged stuff up and down motorways wasn't cool... so they decided overnight that 'logistics' sounded better. Suddenly, big trucks all over the country were repainted with 'Logistics' and the rot had set in. The next thing was people stopped actually referring to the stuff they did, so what was once 'John Smith Gardening Equipment' on vans, suddenly became 'John Smith Services'... services to what, you poncy basturts...

Does my tits in. I need a coffee, so I'm away into the kitchen to achieve a deliverable outcome with a growth-organic growth coffee based product...

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

What a pile of pish.

I agree with Drew. I have only one problem with this deal, well, two actually, but enough about Alex Saitano's eyebrows and 'tache... no, my problem is this. Since this deal was announced, I now have rattling around in my head, Adele singing the theme to 'Skyfall', but with 'Skyview' instead... you know those times when you get a song stuck in your head? That's where I am... someone get the fat bint's warblings out of my brain...

SMiSA friction and Lord Lookatme's nose out of joint? Who'd have thunk it or saw that coming.

In other news - the Pope is a Catholic.

Edited by pozbaird

Great, show us the money. The big guy seems to have a few scheckles.

Lets get two corners filled in for standing; a half decent tannoy system put in; tv's in the pie areas for showing the game when your getting the bovril; and maybe a new 4k large screen for the scoreboard. Have I missed anything? Oh, heated seats.