St Mirren v Dumbarton Championship 8/4/17

shull

John would, of course, be proud Stuart.
Lets face it, she's a charm regardless.
Often think of your Dad, by the way. Very often. I reckon he would rate Jack Ross. John knew the score.

Cheers for that Drew. She is a charm.

I agree, he would rate him. Would always give somebody the chance to prove themselves and I think Jack is doing that.

2 nil Saints.

On 4/6/2017 at 7:16 PM, munoz said:

Anyone any idea how the ticket sales for Saturday are going ? 

140 seats available in Sections 1 to 5 of the West Stand

W1 - 70

W2 - 61

W3 - 3

W4 - 2

W5 - 4

29 minutes ago, shull said:

140 seats available in Sections 1 to 5 of the West Stand

W1 - 70

W2 - 61

W3 - 3

W4 - 2

W5 - 4

433 Seats available in Family Stand

379 Seats available in Main Stand

No figures available for W6, W7 and Away Stand.

Looking forward to this afternoon. Weather forecast is excellent and the team are playing well.

Be interesting to see what JR does with the Morgan position. Tough call. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a straight swap for Todd with Irvine left on the bench.

Hoping for an early goal again today to settle the nerves. Going to go 2-0 with a brace from Loy.

Just now, Julian Banjos said:

Looking forward to this afternoon. Weather forecast is excellent and the team are playing well.

Be interesting to see what JR does with the Morgan position. Tough call. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a straight swap for Todd with Irvine left on the bench.

Hoping for an early goal again today to settle the nerves. Going to go 2-0 with a brace from Loy.

Aye, talked about this yesterday with my dad, makes a massive difference, same again please. :thumbs2

26 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Can't honestly see how Irvine can be dropped really, which is a far cry from earlier in the season when I, like most others, thought he was finished. He was one of our best performers in his last two matches, a real calming influence in the RB slot. Just shows what a couple of better defenders around you and a move to your natural position does.  

Todd is of course an option but I'd be sticking with popular opinion on this and giving Stelios the shout down the left wing. One thing we know about him is that he's skillful in close proximity to his marker and like Lewis can certainly beat a man. Oh, and he'll go for that byline all day long before getting dangerous crosses in. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Agree,early goal would see us go on and win I think. That's my hope anyway. First home game for me this year.

Just getting ready to come down the A82 on my motorbike.....Black and White one of course.:)

Fine day up here,meet my Brother at the Green Welly and all we need after that for a right good day out is .......

You know the rest Saints....

COYS !!!!

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Can't honestly see how Irvine can be dropped really, which is a far cry from earlier in the season when I, like most others, thought he was finished. He was one of our best performers in his last two matches, a real calming influence in the RB slot. Just shows what a couple of better defenders around you and a move to your natural position does.  

Todd is of course an option but I'd be sticking with popular opinion on this and giving Stelios the shout down the left wing. One thing we know about him is that he's skillful in close proximity to his marker and like Lewis can certainly beat a man. Oh, and he'll go for that byline all day long before getting dangerous crosses in. 

I also think Irvine has been excellent recently , when he gets the ball up the park to the opposition box he reminds me of David Van Zanten. I just wish he would take the shot when in a good position the way DVZ would . .

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

If he brings back Irvine and pushes Stelios up then it's 2 changes from a team that won 6-2 and you're playing a guy out of position. Bringing in Todd for the straight swap would be the more conservative option I guess.

Edited by Julian Banjos

If he brings back Irvine and pushes Stelios up then it's 2 changes from a team that won 6-2 and you're playing a guy out of position. Bringing in Todd for the straight swap would be the more conservative option I guess.

I agree but I think Jack might push the boat out this time.

I have a feeling, reading between the lines from subsequent interviews, that he regrets not bringing Stelios on at some point in the cup final.

If this was a game we had to "not lose" then I believe you have nailed it.

This is a game that not winning simply is not an option.

Irvine and Eckersley are solid and experienced at the back... So we can afford to gamble with the unknown quantity of Stelios let loose from midfield.

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

But Irvine only missed out due to suspension and we know Stelios can work either side of the park. Remember Stelios was benched for Eckersley on the left. His natural side.

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

But Irvine only missed out due to suspension and we know Stelios can work either side of the park. Remember Stelios was benched for Eckersley on the left. His natural side.

I hope he is bold and goes for Stelios in midfield but it is a big call for a big game. JR has said Dumbarton threaten down the sides and you put a guy who Jack himself has called a maverick out there in a position he's unaccustomed to. Could make us vulnerable. Fingers crossed we're 3 up after 25 minutes again and it's all academic!

1 minute ago, Julian Banjos said:

I hope he is bold and goes for Stelios in midfield but it is a big call for a big game. JR has said Dumbarton threaten down the sides and you put a guy who Jack himself has called a maverick out there in a position he's unaccustomed to. Could make us vulnerable. Fingers crossed we're 3 up after 25 minutes again and it's all academic!

That's the very reason for NOT having Stelios in the right back role. Mavericks can be an advantage in midfield. As a naturally left footer in the right back berth? Not so much.

26 minutes ago, Drew said:

3-1 Saints, and off the foot of the table by 4.50pm today.

4,387 in attendance.

3-1 is my call as well, Drew

I've put my money where my mouth is with a stonkin' £2 bet with my internet bookie :)

I had 4-0 last week for Ayr game - never been so happy to lose a bet and cheered just as loudly for Morgan's goal as I had for the others (I had a couple of 'savers' on less ambitious Saints wins so was still up at the end).

I believe we will be 9th after full time today but would be willing to accept 8th...  

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

I agree but I think Jack might push the boat out this time.

I have a feeling, reading between the lines from subsequent interviews, that he regrets not bringing Stelios on at some point in the cup final.

If this was a game we had to "not lose" then I believe you have nailed it.

This is a game that not winning simply is not an option.

Irvine and Eckersley are solid and experienced at the back... So we can afford to gamble with the unknown quantity of Stelios let loose from midfield.

Agreed - Stelios should be started the midfield today and Gary Irvine coming back in to full back.

It can be changed if the plan misfires - but if it works it could be spectacular.

I am harbouring an excitement for todays match.  The Saint Mirren professional football club pte ptd co first team playing squad NEVER let you down when you get excited NEVER.

All joking aside this game has me anything but flacid.......remember to bring your bag of messages though for the foodbank collection.  

Boom boom boom Super Stellios boom boom boom Super Stellios boom boom boom Super Stellios boom boom boom Super Stellios

3-1 is my call as well, Drew
I've put my money where my mouth is with a stonkin' £2 bet with my internet bookie [emoji4]
I had 4-0 last week for Ayr game - never been so happy to lose a bet and cheered just as loudly for Morgan's goal as I had for the others (I had a couple of 'savers' on less ambitious Saints wins so was still up at the end).
I believe we will be 9th after full time today but would be willing to accept 8th...  

I had a fiver on MacKenzie to score at 10/1... a fiver on Morgan at 11/4... And got a foursome of Championship results which combined to turn £20 into £126.

Feckin Morton gubbed me for several hundred more on a fivesome and more fouresomes!

22 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I had a fiver on MacKenzie to score at 10/1... a fiver on Morgan at 11/4... And got a foursome of Championship results which combined to turn £20 into £126.

Feckin Morton gubbed me for several hundred more on a fivesome and more fouresomes!

You mean the mankies fecked your Yankees? (Sorry if 1) the combination wasn't and 2) If there's no such thing now as, a yankee.

It's been  a long time since I was near a bookies).

Edited by stlucifer

20 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'll need to branch out. Unfortunately my online Paddy Power app doesn't give a First Goal Scorer market. :angry: