Morgan

Nothing official yet but JR said in his post match interview it's likely to be a serious one, with him missing the rest of the season. Was taken straight to hospital in an ambulance and there are rumours of a broken ankle :(

Ayr are dirty bastards, at it all day today under the clear instruction from McCall on the touchline..

Nothing official yet but JR said in his post match interview it's likely to be a serious one, with him missing the rest of the season. Was taken straight to hospital in an ambulance and there are rumours of a broken ankle [emoji20]
Ayr are dirty bastards, at it all day today under the clear instruction from McCall on the touchline..

Not one to defend Ayr or McCall but the tackle was a complete 50/50. Not fair to place any blame.

El Alagui on the other hand absolutely left an elbow on Gary Mack, Webster out for revenge when he blootered him when he fell on top of the ball however

Just now, Edinbuddie said:

Just on Twitter that it's not broken but they won't be able to assess the extent of the injuring for a couple of days.

Fingers crossed for the lad. To be fair, I never thought it was a nasty challenge at all, and one or two challenges aside (out of frustration at being gubbed), I thought Ayr were pretty low-key in regard to any hammer thowing nonsense. Prior to kick off I thought they would be far more 'physical' than they turned out to be.

39 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

El Alagui on the other hand absolutely left an elbow on Gary Mack, Webster out for revenge when he blootered him when he fell on top of the ball however

Webster was actually trolling the f**k out of El Alagui the whole time he was on the park. Aside from going in heavy on him, there was all sorts of stuff being said off the ball.

All done with Webster's trademarked deadpan nonchalance.

A great effort from Webster.:happyclapper

56 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Nothing official yet but JR said in his post match interview it's likely to be a serious one, with him missing the rest of the season. Was taken straight to hospital in an ambulance and there are rumours of a broken ankle :(

We will be getting kicked off the park between now and the end of the season , it is shocking what some teams are getting away with . .

Guest TPAFKATS
Fingers crossed for the lad. To be fair, I never thought it was a nasty challenge at all, and one or two challenges aside (out of frustration at being gubbed), I thought Ayr were pretty low-key in regard to any hammer thowing nonsense. Prior to kick off I thought they would be far more 'physical' than they turned out to be.

I've seen and expected worse. Having said that both their full backs could've seen red.

28 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've seen and expected worse. Having said that both their full backs could've seen red.

El Alagui could easily have seen red for the elbow on MacKenzie and could have got a yellow for the late challenge on O' Brien after The Fish dropped a catch and won the race to the ball, and there could also have been a straight red for the "tackle" on Mallan in the second half which fell into the bracket of looking like the intent was there to cause an injury.

Losing Morgan is undoubtedly a blow, but at least we now have options to replace him, which before January wasn't the case.

Fingers crossed he'll play again this season though. For me, player of the season, though McGinn now giving him a run for his money.

I agree pretty much with what everyone has said. We were pretty close to the tackle and it was just a 50/50 but he was signaling to the bench before he went down which is never good news.

El Alagui should have been off for the amount and type of fouls he made but what about the clothesline or whatever that was on stelios before their second. That said, Ayr were much worse when they played Dundee united during the week - mainly because the ref let them

15 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

No break or fracture. seems like soft tissue damage. only positive on that is he should be ready in time for pre season training. That's my hope anyway and I'm sure all of us wish him a speedy recovery. #toplad.
#topplayer

As long away as pre-season then?

Is that speculation or something you've heard?

3 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Has Daddy retired?

Years ago.

6 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Is that you volunteering your services?

In my dreams.:lol:

If you want my expertise in choosing a beer though...........................

Guest TPAFKATS
El Alagui could easily have seen red for the elbow on MacKenzie and could have got a yellow for the late challenge on O' Brien after The Fish dropped a catch and won the race to the ball, and there could also have been a straight red for the "tackle" on Mallan in the second half which fell into the bracket of looking like the intent was there to cause an injury.

Dont think there was an elbow, more an open hand and arm so booking was correct. Also no need to book for challenge on O'Brien although Stelios prob helped with that!
loy got book in last week's final for similar challenge on united keeper which was a shocking decision.
El Alagui is in there to annoy the centre half's which isn't a bad thing in a striker. Having said that, when it becomes persistent the ref should be booking him.
Agree about the mallan challenge but was that not made by the left back?

17 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Great news that it's not a fracture but must be a severe sprain if the medical staff feared the worst. 5 weeks' today the season ends.... Hopefully he'll back for the last couple of games.

You're assuming we won't be in the play-offs then? Could still be going as late as May 21st.