Morgan

St Mirren are delighted to confirm that Lewis Morgan has signed a contract extension today until May 2018.

The winger, who is fast becoming a fans’ favourite thanks to his quick pace and direct running at opposition defences, made his first team debut in a Scottish Premiership match against Celtic on 27th September 2014 and has gone on to make 34 appearances to date, scoring 2 goals in the process.

A regular with the under-20 side the last few seasons, the 19-year-old has grabbed his opportunity with some eye-catching displays so far this season for the first team which included a man of the match performance in the recent Betfred Cup tie against Ayr United.

That's from official website with the same picture of Lewis Morgan, Gordon Scott and the bell-end. 

21 minutes ago, Rabinho said:

Div confirmed that Morgan is out of contract in 2018 and the tweet from the club was indeed a mis print at the time.

Not doubting this - but it was a pretty big - multi mistake - mistype as it says 3 year deal as well as 2019.

Wishful thinking I know - but one off mistypes are more likely than multiple mistypes that are consistent with one another.

That's fair enough, doesn't excuse you getting abused though.

Don't have a clue who the guy is but I was more offended that he suggested I have the time and the desire to create fake tweets than the abuse he posted.[emoji23]

1 minute ago, Rabinho said:

Don't have a clue who the guy is but I was more offended that he suggested I have the time and the desire to create fake tweets than the abuse he posted.emoji23.png

He was a very famous, now infamous Forum dude. 

Not nice to see Tanked Up Tam behave disgracefully. 

:lol:

Hopefully Lewis will stay, would be very tough to replace him. In the long term, I wouldn't grudge him the opportunity to move on to a bigger club to try to reach his full potential. But for now, there are exciting things happening at this club. Lewis should be reminded that, after a title winning season with St Mirren, littered with goals and assists, he'll catch the eye of much bigger clubs than he would getting kicked up and down the park, fighting relegation with Burton Albion.

I also would have no objection to his wages being brought up in line with the top earners at the club if that's what it takes to keep him. It would be well deserved and much cheaper than trying to replace him.

38 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Burton Albion stadium is a dead ringer for our 2021 stadium though it has around 2,000 seats less. 

22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

FFS is it 2018 or 2019!!??

Naw, it's 2021 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Yes, as has been pointed out, booze and posting on forums can be an incompatable combination.

Apologies to Rabinho.

:sorry

Fair play.

If we could just get IOBS to issue the odd apology for posting abusive shite when he is drunk the forum would be a happy place. :P