Clyde FC = A Disgrace

Flareybob

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Yes

The SFA are a disgrace for allowing him to register............. Guy should be banned --- End of

Agree. This of course is the same SFA which has employed Malky McKay. He has now been issuing edicts on the lifestyles of young footballers and seems to be taken seriously. I rest my case ! Rotten to the core.

Guest TPAFKATS

He's an utterly contemptible human being and I wouldn't want him anywhere near St. Mirren.
Despite that being my opinion, I'm not sure what the SFA, could do in this situation with regards to banning him or not allowing him to sign.

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

He's an utterly contemptible human being and I wouldn't want him anywhere near St. Mirren.
Despite that being my opinion, I'm not sure what the SFA, could do in this situation with regards to banning him or not allowing him to sign.

Indeed as I'd doubt there are any "rules" preventing a club employing him?

Edited by faraway saint

a simple rule of every player having to have a CRC/CRB (or whatever Criminal Records Checks are done in Scotland) should help them filter out some bad uns.

Unfortunately, football is morally bankrupt which will ensure, it never gets its house in order.

We`ve been here before havent we ? I Wonder if anyone could enlighten us as to which crimes are "acceptable" when it comes to continuing in employment after conviction ?

Ok, so rape is abhorrent , i would hope we all agree. ,but what about anyone convicted of causing death through dangerous /drink / drugs driving ,players who have been caught up in drugs or anyone convicted of serious assault or worse ?

Which crimes would rule out anyone from returning to their chosen profession as footballer and if they are barred, could you please show us a list of which jobs they can do..... or are you quite happy for these people to live out the rest of their lives out of employment and funded by the state ? 

Callum I agree, however rape is not an accident, its not a trend, and the fact that the wee shit parades in public for me is unacceptable......

The title is spot on----- Goodwillie is a disgrace and so are Clyde...

Feck we have Moyes maybe about to lose his job over a innocent, if stupid remark. But this low life is convicted and he also has a victim, who has rights to

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Callum I agree, however rape is not an accident, its not a trend, and the fact that the wee shit parades in public for me is unacceptable......

The title is spot on----- Goodwillie is a disgrace and so are Clyde...

Feck we have Moyes maybe about to lose his job over a innocent, if stupid remark. But this low life is convicted and he also has a victim, who has rights to

Agree.  Hard not to.  But as i said ,where do we draw the line & what are the consequences if people like him and others who have committed heinous crimes are prohibited from working in his chosen field again. 

Would it be ok to ban him from football & lets say he gets a job delivering Asda groceries or stacking shelves at B & Q ?  Is he allowed to have a house near other people ? is he allowed to use public transport ? Lots of arguments and i for one certainly dont have all the answers but we cant simply say "get him tae f**k" and hope he (and others like him ) just disappear into thin air.

ETA . As for not an accident . Google "footballer causes death by dangerous driving" and see how many come up ....tell me how many you think were "accidents ! ".  And why stop at footballers.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

First of all, I completely agree, that especially so soon after the judgment it is incredibly distasteful for any club to sign him. I want to make that absolutely clear.

However, we have to be careful here, remembering that he hasn't actually been convicted of anything. It was a private civil case which was decided on the lower standard of the balance of probabilities. He was not found guilty beyond reasonable doubt (and that is NOT to say that he didn't do it, just that no criminal trial has taken place).

So nothing would show up on any disclosure for employment etc.

Again, and to emphasise, I am NOT excusing anything whatsoever that he may have done, just trying to provide a bit of clarity on the thread.

Guest TPAFKATS
Agree.  Hard not to.  But as i said ,where do we draw the line & what are the consequences if people like him and others who have committed heinous crimes are prohibited from working in his chosen field again. 
Would it be ok to ban him from football & lets say he gets a job delivering Asda groceries or stacking shelves at B & Q ?  Is he allowed to have a house near other people ? is he allowed to use public transport ? Lots of arguments and i for one certainly dont have all the answers but we cant simply say "get him tae f**k" and hope he (and others like him ) just disappear into thin air.
ETA . As for not an accident . Google "footballer causes death by dangerous driving" and see how many come up ....tell me how many you think were "accidents ! ".  And why stop at footballers.

Might be better posting this on a Plymouth fans forum [emoji6]

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Would that not also lead to the possibility of losing out on talent who have been just been caught doing one stupid thing? As an example, what if Basher had been caught by the police with the "recreational aids" rather than failing a test? What about Kirk Broadfoot?

I'd accept the loss in talent. There's plenty of it, some bad-uns won't be missed, which leads me to ask, which is the greater loss? A loss of talent or the loss of morality in football.