St Mirren and their partner Utilita

http://utilita.co.uk/football/st-mirren

I made contact with Utilita last Thursday, hoping to to maybe secure a better Power deal.

Spoke to them on the Phone and deals offered seemed promising.

I told them I would need time to think thinks over before agreeing to any contract and also to check out out their Company and talk things over with my present Suppl[er..

I thanked them and told the Rep , i would call back once everything was to my satisfaction.

We both hung up.

An hour later, and before I had a chance to do anything they were back on the phone. I said again, I would call them when I was ready.

Between then and today, they called my phone 27 TIMES.

I finally answered today. The guy started rambling about any future deal.

I let him know what I thought of him and his Company.

Very poor and very unprofessional.

NO DEAL DONE.

27 phone calls ????

I was supposed to call them back.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

I made contact with Utilita last Thursday, hoping to to maybe secure a better Power deal.

I told them I would need time to think thinks over before agreeing to any contract and also to check out out their Company and talk things over with my present Suppl[er..

I thanked them and told the Rep , i would call back once everything was to my satisfaction.

We both hung up.

An hour later, and before I had a chance to do anything they were back on the phone. I said again, I would call them when I was ready.

NO DEAL DONE.

27 phone calls ????

Maybe they just want to annoy you the same way you annoy other people :P

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

My bills have gone down by 15% since I had mine installed.:thumbs2

I'll put on a tinfoil helmet and see if they go back up.:whistle

Hey ,maybe the 15% will help to assuage the negative effects of smart meters. .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/energy-bills/11643750/1.5-million-smart-meters-wont-work-when-you-switch-energy-supplier.html

Guest TPAFKATS

I used the money saving expert comparison, no one annoys you with phone calls only email reminders when your current deal is ending.

Also haven't taken any provider up on the 'kind' offer of a smart meter. I find the advert for smart meters an insult to my intelligence - I don't need to estimate my bills as I am capable of reading the numbers off my meter and sending it online to my provider. Simple, no need for daft arse 'smart' tech that stops working every time I tart myself to a new company [emoji6]

36 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I used the money saving expert comparison, no one annoys you with phone calls only email reminders when your current deal is ending.

Also haven't taken any provider up on the 'kind' offer of a smart meter. I find the advert for smart meters an insult to my intelligence - I don't need to estimate my bills as I am capable of reading the numbers off my meter and sending it online to my provider. Simple, no need for daft arse 'smart' tech that stops working every time I tart myself to a new company emoji6.png

Of course , you wont have to fuss with a 'tin foil hat' either . .

I've got a smart meter. Happy to keep an eye more easily on how much energy I'm using. Been looking at other suppliers deals and possibly switching - they all use the exact same smart meter I have at the moment, which makes me wonder why it would stop working when I switch? I note the Telegraph article is almost two years old? Any more up to date pieces on smart meters? Genuinely interested to know if there are still issues.

A smart taxi meter. Now that would be something. Picture this, it's fully visible to the passengers (not when they are drunk obviously) tells you if the driver is taking the scenic route, advises you that it's not raining and if you ask the driver to stop a few yards from your house you could prevent another few quid getting clocked up.

Guest TPAFKATS
I've got a smart meter. Happy to keep an eye more easily on how much energy I'm using. Been looking at other suppliers deals and possibly switching - they all use the exact same smart meter I have at the moment, which makes me wonder why it would stop working when I switch? I note the Telegraph article is almost two years old? Any more up to date pieces on smart meters? Genuinely interested to know if there are still issues.

SSE website today has been apologising to customers for inaccurate or non display of its smart meters.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

With most new tech I tend to avoid the 1st or even 2nd generation.

I know that my in laws have had a smart meter for about 18 months with British Gas, so assumed any teething problems may have been ironed out. As long as it doesn't cost me I'm not really bothered.

13 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Smart meters are contoversial anyway , best avoided. .

http://stopsmartmeters.org/why-stop-smart-meters/

That doesn't seem alarmist, ill-informed or bogus at all.  In the same way that there is no bear poop in the woods (at least the ones that bears live in) and there is a Muslim Pontiff in the Vatican

34 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

That doesn't seem alarmist, ill-informed or bogus at all.  In the same way that there is no bear poop in the woods (at least the ones that bears live in) and there is a Muslim Pontiff in the Vatican

Indeed , all energy companies have your best interests at heart and only seek to give you the best value for money whilst they make a meagre profit , mainly in the public interest ,they only make a profit so they can afford to maintain your service , they usually employ Goldilocks and the three bears too , they are shinning examples of the corporate world . .my Nan swears by them she really does . .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed , all energy companies have your best interests at heart and only seek to give you the best value for money whilst they make a meagre profit , mainly in the public interest ,they only make a profit so they can afford to maintain your service , they usually employ Goldilocks and the three bears too , they are shinning examples of the corporate world . .my Nan swears by them she really does . .

Everyone is out for your money and will happily nail you to the wall for it.

Are shinning examples the ones that are climbing the drain-pipe?

16 hours ago, shull said:

We both hung up.

NO DEAL DONE.

27 phone calls ????

How did u know it was 27 times.....

Did you do the little bar counting, or did you count in your head.....

What did you say on the 12th, 18th and 26th calls??

Just curious

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

How did u know it was 27 times.....

Did you do the little bar counting, or did you count in your head.....

What did you say on the 12th, 18th and 26th calls??

Just curious

Listed on my Mobile 27 times. 

On the 27th, I wasn't driving and was sitting number 10 in the queue for a hire. 

So I was available to answer and had plenty time to respond and put the Rep out of his misery. 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Listed on my Mobile 27 times. 

On the 27th, I wasn't driving and was sitting number 10 in the queue for a hire. 

So I was available to answer and had plenty time to respond and put the Rep out of his misery. 

At no point did u actually tell them to go fk themselves?

I would have on call  5 so well done you...:notworthy