The Ayr Unitit New Badge

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
Ayr have been ordered to change there badge for legal reasons.. ours is unique [emoji4]

...since we we ordered to change it for legal reasons [emoji6]

22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What legal reasons are forcing Ayr to seek a new crest? The current one is just the letters A and U, a football, and a bit of a saltire. 

The Saltire and the letters in the shield are the problem.........

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/airdrieonians-0-lord-lyon-1-5408847.amp

3 minutes ago, HSS said:

Cheers. No letters within shields as it breaks heraldic law, signed in 1592... FFS. That Lord Lyon seems a bit of a cnut. :D

Thankfully things have changed. Five comedy stars on a club crest very much legal when needed in 2012.

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm sure it was a previous Lord Lyon that forced the removal of the 'turrets' from our previous badge.
I can't recall the correct term for the brickwork on the badge but I'm sure someone will enlighten us.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm sure it was a previous Lord Lyon that forced the removal of the 'turrets' from our previous badge.
I can't recall the correct term for the brickwork on the badge but I'm sure someone will enlighten us.

I thought it was the Lord Lieutenant of Renfrewshire who had a problem with our old crest and its castellations. Him and Lord Lyon probably in cahoots. Pair of auld basturts'.

Was it Jack Paterson who re-designed our crest? I think he did a magnificent job. It looks great and we should keep it forever. IMHO.

Guest TPAFKATS
I thought it was the Lord Lieutenant of Renfrewshire who had a problem with our old crest

Could be, if so apologies.
Chopping my balls off seems a bit extreme...
Castellation.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice new crest. Although... the '1910' looks a bit low within the area of the saltire shape it occupies. Needs bumped up a bit to centre it within the bottom area. IMHO. Good job though. Having the wording in a round crest allows a lot of wording to fit in nicely.