The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

Guest TPAFKATS
To add, it may have appeared that I was implying that suspending the vote could see us breach regulations. I was trying to highlight that could be an effect of it as we have no other obvious way to fund work that includes the wider community. Fair enough, we could possibly do that for free.

Thanks for clarifying.

On 7/25/2017 at 6:12 PM, Graeme Aitken said:

my preferred option would be

• suspend the monthly vote & allow the £2's to accumulate into a sizeable fund (would be in excess of £250000, to be used when SMISA is the majority shareholder.

A quarter of a million quid as cash in hand to fund whatever we see fit. Instead of frittering away £8000 every 3 months. Someone else said somewhere "a no brainer" to me.

What could any club in Scotland do with a quarter of a million quid of it's own money. hmmmmmmmmmm

Suspend the vote and save £250k in up to nine years or use the money for the betterment of St Mirren football club now, funding projects that may make us better on the park that we would ultimately not of gotten without SMISA funds. For me it's the here and now. Who knows the money could make the difference in a league position, cup run or promotion that makes St Mirren as a club more than £250k. 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Suspend the vote and save £250k in up to nine years or use the money for the betterment of St Mirren football club now, funding projects that may make us better on the park that we would ultimately not of gotten without SMISA funds. For me it's the here and now. Who knows the money could make the difference in a league position, cup run or promotion that makes St Mirren as a club more than £250k. 

fair enough but I doubt £2500 for 110 training balls or a sports scientist will achieve that. If the vote is for things like that, I sincerely hope I am wrong & we are not just spunking money up the wall for the sake of it.

fair enough but I doubt £2500 for 110 training balls or a sports scientist will achieve that. If the vote is for things like that, I sincerely hope I am wrong & we are not just spunking money up the wall for the sake of it.

Not sure it's for the sake of it, it's funding gaps that have been identified in the instances above by the club and the youth academy.

Kenny,
Perhaps you can enlighten us with a breakdown of how that £2500 will be spent.

110 training balls, at £22.50 each? Are they sure?
What balls are they buying & do they need to buy a particular ball? If so, why?

I recently bought 30 balls for training & paid £299.70 for them.
Some quick sums, i could buy 250 balls for £2500.

A decent quality ball for training doesn't need to cost loads & that is why i think that option is spunking the money.

I bought from Direct Soccer. They always have discounts on balls (training & match quality)

I got Mitre Max (matchball) for 9.99 each. Local football equipment supplier sells same ball for £30. Well worth the £4.99 delivery fee

Edited by Graeme Aitken

Kenny,

Perhaps you can enlighten us with a breakdown of how that £2500 will be spent.

110 training balls, at £22.50 each? Are they sure?

What balls are they buying & do they need to buy a particular ball? If so, why?

I recently bought 30 balls for training & paid £299.70 for them.

Some quick sums, i could buy 250 balls for £2500.

A decent quality ball for training doesn't need to cost loads & that is why i think that option is spunking the money.

I'd need to go through someone else to get that info, it didn't come by me. I recall buying training balls for Everton 02's, £10 each and they were starting to look damaged after 3 or 4 sessions.

Quick edit to add, I believe they're Joma balls and we'll get a deal if the vote goes through on that.

Bought Joma training balls in past. Not very good & fell apart easily.

I buy match balls now, whatever has a decent discount.
Mitre monde & mitre ultimatch last really well (2 seasons). Now using Mitre Max (cost as explained).

I would be interested to see how a cost of £2500 was reached as i thought these things were meant to be costed before going to the vote.

1 hour ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Bought Joma training balls in past. Not very good & fell apart easily.

I buy match balls now, whatever has a decent discount.
Mitre monde & mitre ultimatch last really well (2 seasons). Now using Mitre Max (cost as explained).

I would be interested to see how a cost of £2500 was reached as i thought these things were meant to be costed before going to the vote.

One of the big issues with how smisa allocate funds to the club up until now is the abscence of anyntype of invoice from the supplier, or in certain cases (Panda Club) a detailed invoice from the club.

The first concern is that it leaves Smisa wide open to legislative sanctions and member loss of trust.

Secondly if a detailed invoice from the actual supplier/service provider is not forthcoming (Think USH, Academy equipment provider etc) it creates a vacumn of uncertainty of which pot the funds actually went into. Just to add for the avoidance of doubt amongst the hard of thinking these are not accusations, but the minimum standard of good accounting/financial management from an organisation that should always be open and transparent to those providing the funds, its members.

it is a responsibility that sometimes appears to be overlooked in the clamour to give the club all they want.

Email came from John, the SLO, to Colin as 110 balls for £2500. Tony is right that the club would need to provide an invoice or SMISA could pay it directly as per the process followed for the youth kits. Secretly he knows that and he knows nobody even asked.

47 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Email came from John, the SLO, to Colin as 110 balls for £2500. Tony is right that the club would need to provide an invoice or SMISA could pay it directly as per the process followed for the youth kits. Secretly he knows that and he knows nobody even asked.

Tony knows, Kenny that assurances were given that any funds allocated to the club would come with a detailed invoice from supplier or if appropriate the club. A simple question on here as to why is it costing £2500 for 110 balls has exposed that seemingly that undertaking guarnteed by both parties to display an open and transparent process is not happening.

if you want to split hairs why did smisa rush to give the club a £15 k loan five months before the work was done?

Tell them to send me £2500, i'll get them more balls & an invoice/receipt.
I''ll even get them Joma balls if that's what they want [emoji12]

Tony knows, Kenny that assurances were given that any funds allocated to the club would come with a detailed invoice from supplier or if appropriate the club. A simple question on here as to why is it costing £2500 for 110 balls has exposed that seemingly that undertaking guarnteed by both parties to display an open and transparent process is not happening.
if you want to split hairs why did smisa rush to give the club a £15 k loan five months before the work was done?

Has anything been allocated yet? It came to us initially as a larger figure, which was challenged. It then came as the 2500, unfortunately I've not seen everything regarding that. If the vote goes through then we'll ask again, as that is exactly what has just been done with the youth kit. Votes are an authority to go action an item with a set budget. We're all fully aware it's not authorisation to just hand over money without clear indication or record of what it's for.

10 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Has anything been allocated yet? It came to us initially as a larger figure, which was challenged. It then came as the 2500, unfortunately I've not seen everything regarding that. If the vote goes through then we'll ask again, as that is exactly what has just been done with the youth kit. Votes are an authority to go action an item with a set budget. We're all fully aware it's not authorisation to just hand over money without clear indication or record of what it's for.

Again i followed up on one question posed on here by a member asking how was this option costed when it seems way over the odds for a load of balls..!

if a memebr puts forward a suggestion they get the old "aye it might be good, but it needs to be accurately costed, a full project plan created, licensing issues sorted and chiselled into marble for submission". 

Again i followed up on one question posed on here by a member asking how was this option costed when it seems way over the odds for a load of balls..!
if a memebr puts forward a suggestion they get the old "aye it might be good, but it needs to be accurately costed, a full project plan created, licensing issues sorted and chiselled into marble for submission". 

Because they're a very different beast to 110 footballs. Pretty obvious that TVs etc would be more involved...as would filling a corner or safe standing.

1 minute ago, TsuMirren said:

Because they're a very different beast to 110 footballs. Pretty obvious that TVs etc would be more involved...as would filling a corner or safe standing.

So why arent members suggestions actively encouraged by putting them in touch with the right person at the club etc to enable good ideas to be developed?  Its one way traffic from what bill the club want paying, rather than the people who are actually funding it developing their own ideas in conjunction with all the stakeholders.

So why arent members suggestions actively encouraged by putting them in touch with the right person at the club etc to enable good ideas to be developed?  Its one way traffic from what bill the club want paying, rather than the people who are actually funding it developing their own ideas in conjunction with all the stakeholders.

David sees every single one of the ideas. I've also been working on one recently.

Just now, TsuMirren said:

David sees every single one of the ideas. I've also been working on one recently.

Ok so why hasnt he introduced the owner of the idea regarding siting screens in the snack bar area showing live feed during game and football telly before the game, to the guys doing SMTV..?

why aren't smisa helping their members develop ideas? David 'seeing it' means nothing, he is a club board member who lets face it does what the club wants.

Ok so why hasnt he introduced the owner of the idea regarding siting screens in the snack bar area showing live feed during game and football telly before the game, to the guys doing SMTV..?
why aren't smisa helping their members develop ideas? David 'seeing it' means nothing, he is a club board member who lets face it does what the club wants.

We're helping them by taking them on and trying to cost them up. I think having 4 or 5 members discussing things with the club could lead to annoyance, especially as David is supposed to the conduit. I've suggested that we get a meeting with the club and go over things. We have a commitee meeting next week so I'll raise it again there also.

29 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

We're helping them by taking them on and trying to cost them up. I think having 4 or 5 members discussing things with the club could lead to annoyance, especially as David is supposed to the conduit. I've suggested that we get a meeting with the club and go over things. We have a commitee meeting next week so I'll raise it again there also.

Kenny please understand however it may seem this is not me having a go at you. i want, like all smisa members for all this to be successful. The club have got to understand its been a year now, they should have their shit together and be able to facilitate, support and encourage key stakeholders like selected/elected smisa members on a variety of workstreams that benefit everyone involved.

if Gordon insists on keeping to the 'sausage machine' approach of everything and everyone trying to squeeze into one narrow pipe then frustration will build, opportunities will be missed and in reality potential revenue streams will go a begging. The way Smisa and its members are treated in proposing, actioning and being involved in the club is in stark contrast to how the Fans Council are feted.

if the Smisa members continue to be given the 'mushroom' treatment it will inevitably not end well for everyone concerned.