The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

'One of our fans appreciates the work the board do and believes that SMISA and the board have the same goal of bettering the football club. He appreciates that they'll both make mistakes but doesn't moan and criticize them at every single turn. he must be an idiot'

What absolute weapons some St Mirren fans are! :lol::lol::lol:

1 minute ago, Yardleysleftovers said:

Funny I was thinking the same reading threw some of your posts on this topic , surely a community club should give back to the community in some sense???

You saying we don't? SMISA and St Mirren have done a lot for the community. More than most clubs. The priority should always be ST Mirren FC though, a strong St Mirren allows for us to have a stronger impact in the community. Or perhaps you think that's false facts as well... 

I would much rather have a stronger community bond and spirit and would like to see more money put into local projects, I thought the disabled basketball team was a great cause and we should have helped them out in some way be it financially or use of our facilities 

Great cause and well worthy of funding. More votes went elsewhere though, that's democracy. Again St Mirren should always come first IMO. Anything that can have a positive impact on the pitch will get my vote. St Mirren do community work as well and that budget gets bigger the higher up the leagues we are. No brainer, win win.

On 7/27/2017 at 8:29 PM, E=Mc2 said:

I voted for the scientist..............................

Scientist.jpg.5ecd7224dfed4920f24159834d6776b0.jpg

Where do I even f**king start.

No fume hoods despite stuff foaming from every flask.

No gloves or safety specs.

That lab coat is four sizes too small and won't provide adequate protection.

A huge f**k off flask dangling unsupported whilst full of green foaming stuff. Same with the flask at the back.

No obvious signs of a lab book.

Clearly attempting several experiments at the same time.

Untidy and cluttered workbench.

You may well vote for this scientist but IMO this is a disaster waiting to happen.

13 hours ago, Stu said:

Why can't money from SMISA's reserves (separate from share purchase cash) be used to sponsor the Panda Club as has happened for the last few years? Is that money earmarked for anything?

Was always said the £2 monthly spend was for other projects. If a reserve needed to be built up for when SMISA buy the club (which seems a sensible idea) it should have been built into the payment structure when we started - for example £1 for projects and £1 into the reserve - rather than shifting the goalposts 12 months down the line.

Any reserve money probably went on making the early repayment to the Douglas street consortium, that is if we have made that payment yet, if we have i would have expected to be told in the recent update. So either it was paid without us knowing or money is being held in reserve to pay it.

The Panda club payment was usually paid from the cash held before the bid started, that money has probably all gone now. The recent update stated that the Panda club payment would have to be reliant on being voted for in the £2 spend pot along with any academy funding, no other explanation just "it has to be". The guy who runs the Panda club said the annual funding was not used in the best way, (some kids having season tickets and being covered by SmiSA funding as well) Tsu said they were having a meeting with him to sort it out, bet he didn't think it would mean zero funding after a vote, but that's how all spending will be decided now.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Great cause and well worthy of funding. More votes went elsewhere though, that's democracy. Again St Mirren should always come first IMO. Anything that can have a positive impact on the pitch will get my vote. St Mirren do community work as well and that budget gets bigger the higher up the leagues we are. No brainer, win win.

spending some of the money they got for Steven Mallan would surely have that positive impact on the pitch you crave rather than emptying SMISA's coffers for the sheer f**k of it. As Tsu said, the club is in a good financial position right now so why are SMISA entertaining their requests for financial support.

Blinkered & short sighted but hey ho, the people have spoken. I can respect their choices but don't agree the choices should have been on the ballot.

Can't be bothered with the bickering. Can though see the merit in the point of view that the wider community isn't necessarily getting the benefit. What about next time it is solely community projects that are put up to choose between?

Problem with solely community projects is there'd really need to be a vote to decide if that's what the members want. One other issue, I suppose, is that no matter who claims differently the £2 was sold as to be spent on the club as members saw fit (I'm not getting drawn in to a debate around that). There may have been contradictory messages, including on SMISA's site, but that was definitely the intention of the £2 pot. Obviously we're offering community options, up to members what they want. To say the wider community hasn't benefited isn't entirely true as we had the kit draw and there are 24 tickets available per match for community groups to apply for the use of. SMISA members could even volunteer to assist with Street Stuff. If members really really want to they could even offer to donate towards community projects or even request a fund is created. Heck, email and demand that your £2 never goes on club related projects. Just don't do it on here though, use the official channels. [emoji106]

Final points for now. The 15K wasn't interest free, the 50K isn't in place yet and the accelerated payment has been made (though not sure why it would've been needed to be mentioned in an update as it's business as usual really). Members of the SMISA Committee will be in the Bull Inn from 1 until 2:30 on Saturday for anyone looking to raise issues or ask questions. I will also be in the 1877 Members Bar from around 12 and I've no problem answering questions, I'll even answer things other than "how was your soup" or "is that a pint of orange and lemonade, can I get you another"

If we're going to spend money, it should really be about what's going to make / save money for us / the club in the future. Spending money chasing to get a couple of folk through the door every second sat is not the answer. Wider scope required.

It is called building the fanbase to ensure sustainability in the future!
It IS the wider scope and the one the club will have to rely on in times to come.

spending some of the money they got for Steven Mallan would surely have that positive impact on the pitch you crave rather than emptying SMISA's coffers for the sheer f**k of it. As Tsu said, the club is in a good financial position right now so why are SMISA entertaining their requests for financial support.
Blinkered & short sighted but hey ho, the people have spoken. I can respect their choices but don't agree the choices should have been on the ballot.

I imagine some of the Mallan money was spent. Every little bit more helps the club and as you say that's the way the vote went and should be respected. For me giving SMISA money to the club is never short sighted of blinkered. Fans should have faith they'll spend it in the best interest of our club. Again it's the us and them mentality that baffles me, why on earth do some fans disagree with the clubs advice? Like they know better. Everyone's interests are aligned, or should be.

May not be popular (but let's face it I'm certainly not here for that) but I'd be completely in favour of every penny of the £2 discretion fund going to our club and then spending it as they think would benefit the club. Whether that be budgets that help the first team, youth squad or community. Our club, let them chose. SMISA, the fans and the members could engage in other fund raising community projects ad hoc.

Can't be bothered with the bickering. Can though see the merit in the point of view that the wider community isn't necessarily getting the benefit. What about next time it is solely community projects that are put up to choose between?

Because the majority of paying fans clearly have more interest in supporting club projects. Why would we remove something that the majority of paying members support?

It is called building the fanbase to ensure sustainability in the future!
It IS the wider scope and the one the club will have to rely on in times to come.

Wider scope in the narrowest sense. £25 x 10 every second week is not gonna cut the mustard but if you can save the club money every day, it mounts up. A more strategic view is required and not chucking it away on bags o sugar for the players to use as weights​.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Because the majority of paying fans clearly have more interest in supporting club projects. Why would we remove something that the majority of paying members support?

I generally have more interest in supporting club projects too but not to the exclusion of community projects.  This is one possible compromise.  Put it to a vote to have a community project only round or lot and we'll find out.

19 minutes ago, David Mc said:

I generally have more interest in supporting club projects too but not to the exclusion of community projects.  This is one possible compromise.  Put it to a vote to have a community project only round or lot and we'll find out.

I wouldn't be against splitting the pot same as last quarter. Only having options of community projects in the lower pot (or rolling the funds over) and the larger pot, something our club has requested. 

I don't get why people say it's shortsighted funding items to the benefit of the current team. if that results in more points in the league and potentially even being the difference between promotion and staying where we are then that will generate more income, both for the club and St Mirrens community work. Much better plan than sitting on money in a tiny interest savings account for nine years. For me that's completely pointless and a naive approach.  

10 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Problem with solely community projects is there'd really need to be a vote to decide if that's what the members want. One other issue, I suppose, is that no matter who claims differently the £2 was sold as to be spent on the club as members saw fit (I'm not getting drawn in to a debate around that). There may have been contradictory messages, including on SMISA's site, but that was definitely the intention of the £2 pot. Obviously we're offering community options, up to members what they want. To say the wider community hasn't benefited isn't entirely true as we had the kit draw and there are 24 tickets available per match for community groups to apply for the use of. SMISA members could even volunteer to assist with Street Stuff. If members really really want to they could even offer to donate towards community projects or even request a fund is created. Heck, email and demand that your £2 never goes on club related projects. Just don't do it on here though, use the official channels. emoji106.png

Final points for now. The 15K wasn't interest free, the 50K isn't in place yet and the accelerated payment has been made (though not sure why it would've been needed to be mentioned in an update as it's business as usual really). Members of the SMISA Committee will be in the Bull Inn from 1 until 2:30 on Saturday for anyone looking to raise issues or ask questions. I will also be in the 1877 Members Bar from around 12 and I've no problem answering questions, I'll even answer things other than "how was your soup" or "is that a pint of orange and lemonade, can I get you another"

Sorry Kenny you are totally misleading and misrepresenting how the £2 pot was sold in BTB (perhaps as you already know that, thats why you dont wish to be drawn into it)

all the information, leaflets, slides, presentations given were clear. "The £2 pot will be allocated to fund initiatives voted on by the members" recently this has been changed on the smisa website to "spend on the club" and this shameless attempt to re-write history and deceive the membership wont wash. There will be hundreds of people still in possesion of BTB leaflets who can check the text for themselves.

If you cant be honest with people, please dont try and insult them by trying to brow beat, ridicule or deflect from the facts. It shows extremely poor form and lack of judgement. I think a few of the leaflets etc need uploading on here to remind everyone of what they signed up to.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry Kenny you are totally misleading and misrepresenting how the £2 pot was sold in BTB (perhaps as you already know that, thats why you dont wish to be drawn into it)

all the information, leaflets, slides, presentations given were clear. "The £2 pot will be allocated to fund initiatives voted on by the members" recently this has been changed on the smisa website to "spend on the club" and this shameless attempt to re-write history and deceive the membership wont wash. There will be hundreds of people still in possesion of BTB leaflets who can check the text for themselves.

If you cant be honest with people, please dont try and insult them by trying to brow beat, ridicule or deflect from the facts. It shows extremely poor form and lack of judgement. I think a few of the leaflets etc need uploading on here to remind everyone of what they signed up to.

For me this is a non issue that some people just like to moan about. Why on earth is it such a bad thing spending money on our club? Someone call the law! :lol: