The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

19 minutes ago, rea said:

the £10per month is from any plain reading of the Constitution and member offer a "restricted" fund. you cannot borrow from it or move it around. Whoever the Auditor is should be asked to give final opinion of this. if the Auditor agrees that the Fund is Restricted then case closed if not then Vote cam go right ahead.

The vote is current. 

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Mrs Poz is of course asked to vote on the golf clubs though :rolleyes: 

Nothing arrogant about this proposal, it's asking fans and giving fans the choice for something to benefit our club. 

The thing that baffles me about fans thinking this is so terrible is... The irony, that the £10 is going straight to GS anyway to pay-off the money he put up himself in order to us to become fan owned. He's done an amazing job as a St Mirren fan to hand the club to the fans using his own wealth (and at no profit from the deal). A thing that no other St Mirren fan could do. Yet it's 'arrogance' for him to position a selfless proposal that is using money owed to him anyway? :blink: 

Mental

The money is not "owed" to him, the money is being saved up to buy his shares, he is not the one being accused of arrogance the whole SMiSA board are the arrogant ones who are proposing changing the whole process of how funds were initially planned to be used.

The point here is that £50k of the money that is set aside for share purchase is being put at risk, however big or small a risk that is. They should not be proposing to use this money when the club can easily afford the cost of a new pitch. It is not an emergency requirement, the season is nearly over and if they ask members to commit the next 6 quarterly spends to helping with astro turf costs then the money could be available without putting ringfenced funds at risk. I don't want the thin edge of the wedge being inserted under the bank account, if they get their way more similar proposals will follow and we could end up without enough funds to buy the shares and may need to rely on a loan to do it.

I know the risk may be small but nobody can deny it is a risk and a needless one.

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

1& 2. No it's not, the role of SMISA is to move St Mirren to fan ownership, anything over and above that has a level of subjectivity. SMISA paying wages isn't living outwith our means, if they ever said no, we'd simply adjust the budget possibly at the expense of a couple of players. Living without our means would be putting the club at risk. 

3. the fund is called discretionary and is at the discretion of the members vote. I'm sorry but could it get anymore clearer that the fund will be... Discretionary?  

Next point - You can submit fully costed plans to SMISA which has been done and has made it onto the vote before. If they think it's realistic, costly and beneficial, it would go on. There's a caveat hear though. Not all options will go the vote, there has to be a level of common sense when several options are submitted to avoid diluting votes. It would be what ones fans are most likely to be in favor of. That's why there have been pulse surveys and the likes in the past. 

This is where we'll always have fans taking issue. It's been shown in votes that St Mirren benefit proposals are most popular than fan comforts, you'll get the people in the minority bugged that not everyone is interested in some of the improvements you mentioned. 

A discretionary fund payment is not what is being put at risk, A whacking great £50k of ringfenced money is.

How about a justgiving page? Isn't that what usually happens when the club can't fund something? You've all given the club a fantastic lift up, time for them to look after their own fundraising.  

3K per vote going forward, when the club evidently want to syphon as much on to the pitch as possible. So, come July it's Panda Club or Sport Scientist. October will be something else missing from the budget, Academy funding perhaps. January, oh Sport Scientist again. April, the women's team may come back in. Next July, Panda Club or...

So, very little room for anything that ensures SMISA ensure they meet their obligations as a CBS. No TVs at outlets, no additional facilities for the disabled. Is the hall of fame board replacement money still there, is it ring fenced? Of course, if numbers stay as they are then there's about £288K of share purchase money that could dipped in to before 2026 and the shares could still be bought in time. (It's okay lads, I've not stored any spreadseets) But, it's fine as you've elected the guys to make the decisions for you haven't you. You've elected a board member to declare conflict of interest or, at worse, not fully inform the society board. If there's no appetite for something at the club, then it shouldn't be progressed isn't that right. In the long run, it's all fine...club request, vote yes, repeat.

6 hours ago, rea said:

the £10per month is from any plain reading of the Constitution and member offer a "restricted" fund. you cannot borrow from it or move it around. Whoever the Auditor is should be asked to give final opinion of this. if the Auditor agrees that the Fund is Restricted then case closed if not then Vote cam go right ahead.

Alas, at the agm they will propose to disapply the requirement for an auditor and probably not explain why or outline what an auditors role would be; you'll probably also find there will be no positive vote for / against most or all proposals, it will ask for grunts of dissention and then assume those who did not grunt, were for the proposal.

27 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

How about a justgiving page? Isn't that what usually happens when the club can't fund something? You've all given the club a fantastic lift up, time for them to look after their own fundraising.  

3K per vote going forward, when the club evidently want to syphon as much on to the pitch as possible. So, come July it's Panda Club or Sport Scientist. October will be something else missing from the budget, Academy funding perhaps. January, oh Sport Scientist again. April, the women's team may come back in. Next July, Panda Club or...

So, very little room for anything that ensures SMISA ensure they meet their obligations as a CBS. No TVs at outlets, no additional facilities for the disabled. Is the hall of fame board replacement money still there, is it ring fenced? Of course, if numbers stay as they are then there's about £288K of share purchase money that could dipped in to before 2026 and the shares could still be bought in time. (It's okay lads, I've not stored any spreadseets) But, it's fine as you've elected the guys to make the decisions for you haven't you. You've elected a board member to declare conflict of interest or, at worse, not fully inform the society board. If there's no appetite for something at the club, then it shouldn't be progressed isn't that right. In the long run, it's all fine...club request, vote yes, repeat.

Be more of a "justfeckinggiesit"page.

1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

You really shouldn't be trolling this forum with your bitter resentment towards SMISA . We all know this is a matter that requires some clarity but posting this nonsense helps no-one. We all know you resigned , but we really don't give a f**k about the reasons ! Your self importance is breath taking btw.

17 minutes ago, billyg said:

You really shouldn't be trolling this forum with your bitter resentment towards SMISA . We all know this is a matter that requires some clarity but posting this nonsense helps no-one. We all know you resigned , but we really don't give a f**k about the reasons ! Your self importance is breath taking btw.

I'm not bitter, genuinely don't see what there is to be bitter about. I had the chance to represent the members and did so. Besides, trolling usually involves posting lies or making things up. f**k, I don't even resent SMISA. I do have very little respect for some people involved, but SMISA is about more than just them. Bitter that I'm no longer wasting my week researching things for no real reason...yes, that must be it. Continue spouting pish about me on social media though, your self importance in believing I'll give a f**k is blah waffle blah yawn etc blah. I wasn't to insult you, having not actually done so, then you post the above...genius!

I'm not bitter, genuinely don't see what there is to be bitter about. I had the chance to represent the members and did so. Besides, trolling usually involves posting lies or making things up. f**k, I don't even resent SMISA. I do have very little respect for some people involved, but SMISA is about more than just them. Bitter that I'm no longer wasting my week researching things for no real reason...yes, that must be it. Continue spouting pish about me on social media though, your self importance in believing I'll give a f**k is blah waffle blah yawn etc blah. I wasn't to insult you, having not actually done so, then you post the above...genius!

I just can't stand someone like you trying to make my mind up for me , I pay my Smisa dues and have a vote , I'll decide what I vote for no matter what pish you and others post. The 50k for the pitch is ok by me and I'm pretty sure it'll be carried whatever happens , even if the constitution has to be altered.We're entering an important part of the clubs progress and silly greeting faced side shows from people with agendas aren't required.

3 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

What`s up with you :huh:  the new football venture Edusport not going to plan

16 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

He's clearly either on it or being fed by someone who is. Maybe fed, as my understanding was that we're not as well off as he makes out. Balls, no money for the women's team, "without the Morgan money, things were tight". We've also very evidently pushed the boat out on the playing budget.

Also not been fed by anyone in the committee either.

This season we’ve brought in much more than anticipated. Attendances are up, Morgan money, prize money, etc. But what people don’t seem to be able to grasp is ‘well off’ is a relative term. We are not going to be ‘well off’ compared to 9 or 10 of our competition next season because their budgets will be higher. Every penny will be a prisoner next season because of the league we’re going into. 

I’m sorry if people think this information I’m given sounds like I’m being fed by someone but for me it’s a very simple point to grasp. We’re getting promoted = we need a bigger budget. That’s why saving £50k is not ‘living outside our means’ it’s simply giving st Mirren more money to fund what will be a very difficult season. 

14 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

The fund is called ring fenced and is not at the discretion of any vote. I am sorry but could it get anymore clearer that the fund will be...ringfenced?

No it couldn’t, hence why paying members are being asked to vote on changing it. There’s no argument the funds are ring fenced and the only people that should be allowed to change that is the paying members... or exactly like what’s happening. 

14 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Case isn’t closed. The club want to dip into that ringfenced money for something, and SMiSA are open for prising open the piggy bank for them. The piggy bank being full of their member’s monthly 10 quids, which those members thought was for purchasing the shares.

At least one person on here, cannot seem to grasp the ethical issue in not only dipping into said piggy bank for anything, but are happy that, despite not even asking members first, a specific item was discussed as being the one the club want to pay for with that piggy bank money - but it’s OK, it’ll be replaced.... with member’s future monies. When you think about it, it’s admirable cheek.

I wonder if it hurts. Taking it up the arse while happily smiling and not questioning just what happened there.

And there are several that can’t ‘grasp’ that members are being ‘asked’ Right now  in a democratic vote. 

14 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Apparently not... Baz seems to be positively enjoying it and can't recommend it highly enough!

Obviously he wasn't asked if he would LIKE to be shafted.... Just where his preference was for it to be inserted! That is consultation enough for him!

Please tell us all how we’re being shafted when it’ll cost paying members £0 more, it’ll benefit our football club, it won’t hold up BTB and it will give the club an extra £50k for our premier league return next season? Your definition of shafted seems to be ‘something that benefits the football team i support that has absolutely no financial impact on me whatsoever.’ Strange. 

7 hours ago, melmac said:

Alas, at the agm they will propose to disapply the requirement for an auditor and probably not explain why or outline what an auditors role would be; you'll probably also find there will be no positive vote for / against most or all proposals, it will ask for grunts of dissention and then assume those who did not grunt, were for the proposal.

They put the proposal for unaudited accounts forward at the last AGM and had it passed. Everything gets passed because hardly anyone turns up at the AGM and board friendly voters are always there in sufficient numbers to pass what they wish.

Please tell us all how we’re being shafted when it’ll cost paying members £0 more, it’ll benefit our football club, it won’t hold up BTB and it will give the club an extra £50k for our premier league return next season? Your definition of shafted seems to be ‘something that benefits the football team i support that has absolutely no financial impact on me whatsoever.’ Strange. 

I HAVE explained... Several times... Very clearly and succinctly. You, however, are not prepared to take your blinkers off long enough to be willing to understand.

2 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

They put the proposal for unaudited accounts forward at the last AGM and had it passed. Everything gets passed because hardly anyone turns up at the AGM and board friendly voters are always there in sufficient numbers to pass what they wish.

This is backed up by many of the posts on here.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

I HAVE explained... Several times... Very clearly and succinctly. You, however, are not prepared to take your blinkers off long enough to be willing to understand.

You haven’t because you can’t. The £50k all gets replaced by £2 commitments over a set time period. No one is worse off, and st Mirren our team is better off. If membership numbers stay above target, we’re laughing with this proposal. Only risk is people cutting their nose off to spite their face. Very clear and no shafting whatsoever. 

The irony is a lot of the st moan fans on here are the ones that have been banging on about ‘the money should be used for larger items’ haha