The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

I suppose it never crossed your mind that some(perhaps even many) are not blindly following but have made up their minds after a great deal of thought? Perhaps that might be thought of as arrogance.

I suppose you missed this bit from my post

"As some have already stated, they will vote in line with the proposal without thinking about it."

Next

21 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Don't you just love it when someone posts something that contradicts something they've posted themselves previously.

Dear LPM.

By how long did the meeting that had a scheduled duration on a website for one and a half hours stop early by?

PS. I hope you don't have a third answer as you've previously stated a different length of time than you just did.

Facts facts facts. Don't you just love them.

I know you've got a hard on for me, and yes i am flattered, but i wasnnt really out to attract middle aged men, but hey as the say 'move with the times' Gay for The Day?

47 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Don't you just love it when someone posts something that contradicts something they've posted themselves previously.

Dear LPM.

By how long did the meeting that had a scheduled duration on a website for one and a half hours stop early by?

PS. I hope you don't have a third answer as you've previously stated a different length of time than you just did.

Facts facts facts. Don't you just love them.

I beg you to stop.

You seem to have him running around in circles so much, he's mixed up  B&W army  with  Grindr.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

For someone that asks so many questions of others you'd think they'd at least make an attempt to answer questions put to them.

Especially regarding honesty that they have questioned of others numerous times.

You'd have to point out where that occurred, calling people into question is not the same as accusing them of being dishonest

6 hours ago, smcc said:

I suppose it never crossed your mind that some(perhaps even many) are not blindly following but have made up their minds after a great deal of thought? Perhaps that might be thought of as arrogance.

Arrogance has nothing to do with stating that some people may be following like sheep. He's not saying everyone is, hell the SMISA committee members have used he phrase. Why get so upset if it doesn't relate to you? 

Now on to the AGM. Have you noticed they're not exactly going out their way to promote it? Last time was pretty poorly attended, can't see much difference tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Arrogance has nothing to do with stating that some people may be following like sheep. He's not saying everyone is, hell the SMISA committee members have used he phrase. Why get so upset if it doesn't relate to you? 

Now on to the AGM. Have you noticed they're not exactly going out their way to promote it? Last time was pretty poorly attended, can't see much difference tomorrow.

I'm not upset in the slightest.

Amused would be more apt.

In my opinion, it is arrogant.

Maybe you could start a thread to try and change my mind.............................:thumbs2

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hey its really refreshing that some of the guys on here can chat about where they hook-up etc.. different strokes for different folks..

I am hoping to hook up with a few fellas  when I am in town next weekend. Before and after the Morton match will be great craic  in the 1877 Club.

BuddieinEK ya lush :king, remember & bring that fully loaded wallet.

If i'm being bitter, so be it.

I honestly can't believe it's went that way. I look forward to hearing how smisa consider the funds to be remaining ring fenced. All I can see is they've won the vote on club before business, which is understandable.

That's me out though, I hope everything I've put in only goes to share purchase.

14 minutes ago, lovestlegend said:

Looks like a landslide to me:

1. Proposal to make £50,000 available to part-fund the replacement of the Ralston astroturf:

YES - 579 votes (88%) / NO - 81 votes (12%)

A lot of bitter people on here belly aching and nobody’s listening.

660! The game's a bogey, end the £2 pot and just have the money going straight to the club. I wonder what the 597 others have been up to the past wee while. 660 is well down on previous votes, you can only imagine the vast majority of the 597 approve also. 

Edited by TsuMirren

30 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

660! The game's a bogey, end the £2 pot and just have the money going straight to the club. I wonder what the 597 others have been up to the past wee while. 660 is well down on previous votes, you can only imagine the vast majority of the 597 approve also. 

The vote was taken over the Easter holiday period when most people have other things to do , some of them probably forgot all about it , I had to remind a family member about it a couple of days ago. We'll be at the AGM tomorrow  , I'm just glad it's done and dusted before then !

41 minutes ago, lovestlegend said:

1. Proposal to make £50,000 available to part-fund the replacement of the Ralston astroturf:

can't speak for anyone else but I am not bitter. Don't agree with the proposal & have argued my point on it. With over 1300 members, less than half the members voted which is astounding.

I'll speak up again when the next proposal to dip into the ring fenced money comes out but until then, I am likely to continue my membership of SMISA.

47 minutes ago, lovestlegend said:

Sorry, not a good response.

Yes a landslide but surely you can see the proposal is weighted in favour of a yes vote?

It's been stated here many will vote yes without even considering the bigger picture? 

Ignoring the issues discussed on this thread is, IMO, a dangerous approach. 

I sincerely hope there is no damage done to the BTB eventual outcome.

I see trouble ahead. 

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, not a good response.

Yes a landslide but surely you can see the proposal is weighted in favour of a yes vote?

It's been stated here many will vote yes without even considering the bigger picture? 

Ignoring the issues discussed on this thread is, IMO, a dangerous approach. 

I sincerely hope there is no damage done to the BTB eventual outcome.

I see trouble ahead. 

only The Judean Peoples Front of SMISA will affect BTB. As Bazil said days ago, of those that voted, there is an appetite to agree with the proposal.

9 hours ago, lovestlegend said:

Pretty much the result I expected. IMO it excellently demonstrates the issue with fan ownership. That is precisely why I think it was irresponsible to put that kind of vote to the members. Professor John Curtice (a.k.a. Mr Pollster) would have a field day pulling apart this approach to polling. 

But SMISA are free to do as they see fit. Good luck and genuinely hope the make a success of it.

Edited by civilsaint

It’s not a surprise to be honest. 

The way this has been put out however has been unfortunately so skewed towards an inevitable yes outcome it beggars belief. 

Emotional blackmail included to drag along fans who can’t see or understand the single most important objective for SMISA and like sheep press the yes button without a second thought. 

To spell this out clearly this vote means we are paying for our shares twice!!!.

Saving up to pay back money loaned to ourselves is an unbelievable way to go about things. 

Smisa need to grow a pair & protect all future funds- saving only to buy shares. 

This should be enshrined & untouchable  - not risked in any way whatsoever & never used as a political football again..

To know what should be put to a vote, held back as protected is good governance & sound judgement - Smisa need to be a bit more hard nosed & protect the members from themselves, lol  as it looks like every suggestion will get voted through without a care.

Be careful as you go forward SMISA .

Edited by garzo

I’m not bitter. I’m not a member of SMiSA although I, like any supporter, is free to engage in debate on this forum, the primary place for Saints minded folks to do so.

I have however copied and saved the post I made, where I likened this to Barcelona sneaking in a cheeky wee shirt sponsorship to get fans used to it, before simply going full bhoona with it. ‘Never sully our shirts’ no more, Linwood no more, Bathgate no more....

My other Nostradamus-esque plunge into the prediction game saw me predict SMiSA will never take over. The ring-fenced pot will be constantly dipped into now that a precedent has been set. GLS will be the new SG and there will be a role for SMiSA, but they’ll be so far from the driving seat - they’ll be shoved up the back with Rosa Parks. They’ll know their place.

I also think If GLS does become the new SG and the club is doing well, I’m fine with that. Be upfront about it though. It’s the bank of SMiSA, isn’t it. Just admit it and we can all crack on a lot happier knowing the future path is traditional club ownership, with an amount of fan involvement.

I have a scarf to iron..... Champagne to chill. Songs to sing. COYS.

Edited by pozbaird

Agree with Poz. If the (new?) aim of SMiSA is to pay players' wages then be up front about it instead of contribute to the pitch so we have more in the wage kitty. I thought the £10 was to buy the Club and the £2 was to pay for things the Club could not afford nor were interested in funding. Seems like I was wrong. It all goes into the coffers so no wee £2 spends for the next 18 months while SMiSA pays itself for its donation.

I like GS and think he is doing a great job and hope he is around for a long time. But my faith in SMiSA has been eroded.

Games a bogey... good luck to the 579 members who the burden of BtB will now fall upon. 

Astounding that Smisa are still banging on about "ring fenced and protected fund" except when Gordon decides he wants to rifle it!

the irony that the vote was concluded on Friday the 13th may have been lost on the Smisa committee, but it will continue to haunt them for a long time.

11 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

If i'm being bitter, so be it.

I honestly can't believe it's went that way. I look forward to hearing how smisa consider the funds to be remaining ring fenced. All I can see is they've won the vote on club before business, which is understandable.

That's me out though, I hope everything I've put in only goes to share purchase.

It wasn’t just a victory it was a landslide with the no side getting less than 8% of the overal members. Very disappointing you’re throwing your toys because people have a different opinion to yourself. 

The funds remain ring fenced as the plan to pay the money back is very sound as long as people continue to pay. The irony is if more people think like you then that’s put at risk. 

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Games a bogey... good luck to the 579 members who the burden of BtB will now fall upon. 

Astounding that Smisa are still banging on about "ring fenced and protected fund" except when Gordon decides he wants to rifle it!

the irony that the vote was concluded on Friday the 13th may have been lost on the Smisa committee, but it will continue to haunt them for a long time.

Very clear that the overwhelming majority of paying members support this or are indifferent. 

Time for everyone to move on for the good of our football club.