The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

It's an open forum. 

Do me a favour then... Try that in the pub this weekend and let meknow how you got on.

Pubs are open to the public.

Approach 6 couples in a row and offer your opinion on their discussion. Better still... Wait till one person has directly asked another a direct question... Then step in and answer on their behalf without an invitation.

Seriously... Go on..
It's an open pub. Why not?

I look forward to you sharing the results of your social experiment as obviously I have a lot to learn.

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Do me a favour then... Try that in the pub this weekend and let meknow how you got on.

Pubs are open to the public.

Approach 6 couples in a row and offer your opinion on their discussion. Better still... Wait till one person has directly asked another a direct question... Then step in and answer on their behalf without an invitation.

Seriously... Go on..
It's an open pub. Why not?

I look forward to you sharing the results of your social experiment as obviously I have a lot to learn.

hmm... maybe ask in the pub what the difference between an open forum and a pub conversation is. It clearly will shock you. :lol:

22 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So how do you define a private conversation on an open forum?

(other than a chance to jump in and repeat yourself ad nauseam).

Just acknowledge the fact he's a stout defender of anything St Mirren and tell him to shut the feck up. Apologies for the straightforward language but he doesn't get any other point of view.

20 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I hate to agree with him but it IS an open forum. The Quote function allows for others to contribute to a discussion regardless of how pointless, banal or uninteresting their contribution may be. 

I have added my tuppenceworth to this conversation despite not previously being involved, is that allowed ? 

All forum users have the right & ability to participate or not as they see fit, if you dont like a particular members input , simply put them on ignore or......... just ignore them , they`ll soon get fed up !!

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I hate to agree with him but it IS an open forum. The Quote function allows for others to contribute to a discussion regardless of how pointless, banal or uninteresting their contribution may be. 

I have added my tuppenceworth to this conversation despite not previously being involved, is that allowed ? 

All forum users have the right & ability to participate or not as they see fit, if you dont like a particular members input , simply put them on ignore or......... just ignore them , they`ll soon get fed up !!

Indeed, but still becomes relentlessly frustrating when said posts are showing no recognition of the other point of view. This particular poster is possibly the leader of the "Do not, under any circumstances, dare to question anything St Mirren" crew. As for ignore, I rarely do as, no matter how repetitive or uninteresting I find plenty of posts, there is usually something worth reading. Even Poz.

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'd say someone posting a point on an OPEN forum that's OPEN to all and can OPENLY be viewed by other people on an OPEN forum... Probably not a private conversation. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Just acknowledge the fact he's a stout defender of anything St Mirren and tell him to shut the feck up. Apologies for the straightforward language but he doesn't get any other point of view.

I still don't get that to be honest. It's a bad thing to defend our club and the people that run it? :o

Wait am I allowed to respond to this? 

Indeed, but still becomes relentlessly frustrating when said posts are showing no recognition of the other point of view. This particular poster is possibly the leader of the "Do not, under any circumstances, dare to question anything St Mirren" crew. As for ignore, I rarely do as, no matter how repetitive or uninteresting I find plenty of posts, there is usually something worth reading. Even Poz.

Damn... I am in danger of developing a new found respect for you! [emoji12]

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I still don't get that to be honest. It's a bad thing to defend our club and the people that run it? :o

Wait am I allowed to respond to this? 

Ok, there is absolutely NO POINT in trying to explain another point of view other than "Aye, The club are perfect" with you. The recent fiasco over the open day when you steadfastly refused to acknowledge any idea of a fcuk up then squirmed about until the club showed some, albeit belated, common sense when you shouted "hoo ray" the club are great.

You also love the "I am brilliant, you are a boo boy" approach, seemingly seeing yourself a true supporter while you are nothing more than a sheep. I'm afraid in the real world questioning and changing things are the real way ahead. With people like you there will be no change from the outside while you merrily wag your tail and smile.

Of course there are a few supporters who dwell/revel in anything negative but you see anyone who questions the club in this bracket.

Don't bother yourself responding as I'll fall asleep after the first few, repetitive, words.:byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, there is absolutely NO POINT in trying to explain another point of view other than "Aye, The club are perfect" with you. The recent fiasco over the open day when you steadfastly refused to acknowledge any idea of a fcuk up then squirmed about until the club showed some, albeit belated, common sense when you shouted "hoo ray" the club are great.

You also love the "I am brilliant, you are a boo boy" approach, seemingly seeing yourself a true supporter while you are nothing more than a sheep. I'm afraid in the real world questioning and changing things are the real way ahead. With people like you there will be no change from the outside while you merrily wag your tail and smile.

Of course there are a few supporters who dwell/revel in anything negative but you see anyone who questions the club in this bracket.

Don't bother yourself responding as I'll fall asleep after the first few, repetitive, words.:byebye

Not sure if it's just selective reading from you or if you just really want to hold onto your hatred of St Mirren football club. 

Yes hands up I've repeated the point I'm about to make 75,000,000,000,000,000,000 times <_<

be critical of the club, have feedback, knock yourself out. yes the club isn't perfect it'll make mistakes (especially with a new board in place for just sightly over a year) my only issue is with the sheer negative boo boy manner people do it! Open day should of been open, no denying that. Does that mean people need to hammer the club, call it a 'fiasco' a 'f*ck up' and slate the club? I'd say no, constructive suggestions and feedback would of done the job in changing it without making certain fans look like moody faced children! The point on this thread, yeah people will of wanted the vote to go the other way, they may have feedback on a better way to approach a voting structure. (clearly going back it's impossible to please everyone) feed it back, message the club, say you'd of preferred the vote the other way. But what's the benefit in again slating the club 'SMISA have broken promises' 'The club shouldn't be allowed to suggest voting options' 'SMISA has mislead 1,300 fans' Not helpful. 

Probably won't even take the time to read this and come back with some more nonsense about me thinking the club can do no wrong. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^ This was enough nonsense, stopped reading immediately.  :1eye

Utter buffoon. :byebye 

And you only partially reading posts is exactly why you've been talking utter rubbish about what I've actually been saying, Just you continue with your booing, boo louder though, lots of competition on here. :D

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Baz

There is not one person on this Forum who hates St Mirren Football Club.

We are all St Mirren Supporters , none better or worse than you.

I struggle to believe it sometimes reading some of the unbelievably negativity aimed at them. But hey ho, I'm just a happy clapper because I don't want to call my club or the fan group buying it 'amateur' 'a disgrace' 'liars' 

21 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Problem with solely community projects is there'd really need to be a vote to decide if that's what the members want. One other issue, I suppose, is that no matter who claims differently the £2 was sold as to be spent on the club as members saw fit (I'm not getting drawn in to a debate around that). There may have been contradictory messages, including on SMISA's site, but that was definitely the intention of the £2 pot. Obviously we're offering community options, up to members what they want. To say the wider community hasn't benefited isn't entirely true as we had the kit draw and there are 24 tickets available per match for community groups to apply for the use of. SMISA members could even volunteer to assist with Street Stuff. If members really really want to they could even offer to donate towards community projects or even request a fund is created. Heck, email and demand that your £2 never goes on club related projects. Just don't do it on here though, use the official channels. emoji106.png

Final points for now. The 15K wasn't interest free, the 50K isn't in place yet and the accelerated payment has been made (though not sure why it would've been needed to be mentioned in an update as it's business as usual really). Members of the SMISA Committee will be in the Bull Inn from 1 until 2:30 on Saturday for anyone looking to raise issues or ask questions. I will also be in the 1877 Members Bar from around 12 and I've no problem answering questions, I'll even answer things other than "how was your soup" or "is that a pint of orange and lemonade, can I get you another"

I'd say the accelerated payment being made is hardly run of the mill weekly meeting news. The consortium have now been paid and we owe them no more money, i for one would have been glad to hear that news. I am a wee bit disappointed that you have now seemingly fallen into line with the "they don't need to know" group. It would have been recieved equally as well by other fans i'm sure and by letting us know, the SMiSA board could have started fulfilling their promise to be more open, that in my opinion seems now to have been a spur of the moment false promise because of the questioning at the AGM. If the board hold all this kind of news until the next AGM they will have the same scenario as this years debacle to contend with again, do they never learn. Not passing on small news items is in general fine by me, but a major step in the purchase of the club is not small news.

I'd say the accelerated payment being made is hardly run of the mill weekly meeting news. The consortium have now been paid and we owe them no more money, i for one would have been glad to hear that news. I am a wee bit disappointed that you have now seemingly fallen into line with the "they don't need to know" group. It would have been recieved equally as well by other fans i'm sure and by letting us know, the SMiSA board could have started fulfilling their promise to be more open, that in my opinion seems now to have been a spur of the moment false promise because of the questioning at the AGM. If the board hold all this kind of news until the next AGM they will have the same scenario as this years debacle to contend with again, do they never learn. Not passing on small news items is in general fine by me, but a major step in the purchase of the club is not small news.

Peter, they haven't been paid the full amount though. Admittedly if they had been paid in full then yes newsworthy etc.