The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

6 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

although it wouldn't bother me, and I can honestly say that as we sponsor one of the above named, it may come down to players likely to feature regularly.....that throws up a slightly different argument re Heaton and King right enough!!

luckily for St Mirren, generous folks like yourself (& I am not suggesting folk who don't sponsor a player are not generous) don't mind which player they sponsor.

hopefully, they'll all get sponsored soon

On 8/8/2018 at 11:25 PM, Wilbur said:

I didn't vote because I am petulant and childish.

Since SMiSA sheep members agreed in large numbers to have 'ring-fenced' money 'un-ring-fenced' I couldn't give a shit any more what they do with my £2 contribution.

We know you don't like that fans voted against your wishes in a very well costed, documented and beneficial way to our football club.

You've mentioned before :thumbsup

Broken record.jpg

On 8/9/2018 at 12:21 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Why not change your direct debit to £10 or £23 depending on your contributions?

they aint gonna say "sorry Wilbur, we cant take your £10/£23"... then just ignore the vote if they still send it to you.

Because you can't do that with a Direct Debit, the amount is dictated by the company. I think you're thinking of a Standing Order.

Also, it's still shocking how many fans are 'waiting in the wings' to slam anything and everything SMISA do, even sponsoring a player shirt. Considering:  

1. It is within their discretionary limit to do so

2. Without any knowledge of the funds source (could be completely separate from BTB)

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Because you can't do that with a Direct Debit, the amount is dictated by the company. I think you're thinking of a Standing Order.

Also, it's still shocking how many fans are 'waiting in the wings' to slam anything and everything SMISA do, even sponsoring a player shirt. Considering:  

1. It is within their discretionary limit to do so

2. Without any knowledge of the funds source (could be completely separate from BTB)

You telling us Smisa have 'hidden' accounts?

youre also completely wrong on point one because since BTB was launched there is only two pots of money. The £2 vote, and the ringfenced share/plastic pitch purchase fund.

The discretionary spend is only meant for smisa admin requirements. Any "donation, gift, award etc should come from the £2 pot and requires a vote. When they buy tables for functions thats way above the £500 admin spend limit.

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Ive seen you mentioning tables a few times recently.

Do you mean these tables?

SMISA to take a table at club hospitality twice a season and run a draw for a group of plus/premium members and their guests to attend;

Or these tables?

regular options to go into a draw to attend paid-for club events/dinners as a guest of SMISA

Or all of above?

No, tables at POTY, tables at other club related functions etc...

19 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You telling us Smisa have 'hidden' accounts?

youre also completely wrong on point one because since BTB was launched there is only two pots of money. The £2 vote, and the ringfenced share/plastic pitch purchase fund.

The discretionary spend is only meant for smisa admin requirements. Any "donation, gift, award etc should come from the £2 pot and requires a vote. When they buy tables for functions thats way above the £500 admin spend limit.

No, not like you to twist words though... 

as has been said before SMISA have sponsored players for years. Do you categorically have evidence of how they’ve funded (and it being wrong) this year or are you just making assumptions? (Negative ones as usual).

We also know you’re still bitter about people democratically voting different to how you would of liked :rolleyes:

again if you want to evidence they’ve done wrong in sponsoring this player be my guest. If not, i’ll Just assume it’s yet another negative assumption to put with the many, many, many others you’ve associated to SMISA 

On 8/11/2018 at 9:51 AM, cockles1987 said:

I quoted it earlier.

Here it is again with a link as well.

"Regular options to go into a draw to attend paid-for club events/dinners as a guest of SMISA"

https://www.smisa.net/buythebuds/member-benefits-sign-up

So the sponsor the shirt thing is outside policy, add to that one of the recent tables bought at a function had smisa dishing out the seats to any takers as they obviously hadnt arranged a draw to fill it!

the ongoing saga of different levels/classes of member is not looking too good. Why arent these draws open to any paying member?

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

You want me to explain why folk paying higher contributions get extra incentives?

And if there was any wrong doing why don't you provide actual proof instead of your usual ramblings.

Who mentioned wrong doing? 

You talk about incentives for higher paying members, but clearly thats not being offered to them as smisa are having to give the seats to anyone. So why are the buying tables that arent going to the target audience?

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So the sponsor the shirt thing is outside policy, add to that one of the recent tables bought at a function had smisa dishing out the seats to any takers as they obviously hadnt arranged a draw to fill it!

the ongoing saga of different levels/classes of member is not looking too good. Why arent these draws open to any paying member?

God your negativity is astounding. Making problems out of absolutely nothing. 

There is no saga, no issue. Different membership levels, as done by countless companies and organisations the world over. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Who mentioned wrong doing? 

You talk about incentives for higher paying members, but clearly thats not being offered to them as smisa are having to give the seats to anyone. So why are the buying tables that arent going to the target audience?

I won the £25 draw recently for a game in the directors lounge. Delighted with that wee extra bonus on top of helping my football club. :thumbs2

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Do you read what what you write.

As above you are claiming wrong doing or are you not and just rambling.

Again have you any actual proof of your accusation.

What accusation? Its a matter of record that smisa were online offering free seats at a dinner table to first come first served. Where is the accusation in that? 

59 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
If a tree falls in the forest, and you dont hear it, do you think it was silent?
a few months ago, might have been Burns night or something like that. Check Smisa's twitter feed.

So you don't know the actual details of it or able to provide any proof.

That's nothing, this is the guy that had SMISA and SMFC breaking the law regarding BTB not too long ago. Ask him for his proof of that. :lol:

• 2 months later...

What happened to the set of goals SMiSA donated towards a couple of years ago, brand new portable goals as i recall.

I do like the new hand drier in the west stand toilet. but i think the club should have a maintenance budget that covers replacement of standard equipment, it's not an emergency situation and just seems to be a reason to spend money because someone asked for it.

I'm considering an option on my subscription, this would be to save my cash in my own account and hand it over (plus any interest) when the time comes to buy the shares.

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Three options, each tie into the top three priorities as picked by members. Some people are never happy :whistle 

Option one for me.

What are the options? 

Then a reasonable discussion can take place. 

11 minutes ago, shull said:

What are the options? 

Then a reasonable discussion can take place. 

Good point Shull

Option 1 (youth academy goals) –The work to relay the pitch at Ralston is finally now under way and will be ongoing over the next few weeks. As part of that the club would like to upgrade the near-decade-old goals on the new pitch if they can, and head of youth Allan McManus asked if SMISA members would be willing to fund a new set of professional-standard goals. The goals would be moveable, which are more expensive than fixed ones, but which would give our various youth teams flexibility in pitch set-up.

Option 2 (stadium hand-driers) – A suggestion we received a while back from a member was whether SMISA could pay to replace the hand-driers in the stadium, which we are sure many of you will have noticed are of poor quality.

This work has now been costed and the club installed one new test drier (its silver if you want to try it) in the men’s toilets in the West Stand (under W2 and W3), which – although it only blows cold air – is stronger than the existing ones. £3,000 would allow us to replace 20 of the 26 hand-driers around the stadium (£100 per drier plus £1,000 install). The priority would be the ones in the home stands.

Option 3 (SMFC Community Trust – Xmas meal and Fit Fans) – a few years ago the club set up the SMFC Community Trust as a charitable organisation aimed at helping the local community. While the trust has been largely dormant, the club have now hired Gayle Brannigan to get it up and running, and she gave us a proposal for how £3,000 from SMISA’s £2 pot could help two of her projects.

The first is Festive Friends – a free Christmas dinner for local elderly residents who are isolated and might otherwise spend Christmas alone, in the 1877 Club at the stadium on December 25, in partnership with the Salvation Army. Gayle is currently £1,750 short of what she needs to run this event.

The remaining £1,250 would go towards a programme of Football Fans in Training (FFIT) for Saints fans on club facilities. This is a Scotland-wide scheme intended to promote healthy living and weight loss, targeted at footfall fans. Our money would go on marketing costs, fitness equipment, coaches tracksuits and FFIT t-shirts for the 40 participants.

Option 4 (none of the above) – This would keep the full £3,000 in the £2 pot, meaning it would be available for future projects or other uses if needed.

You will receive your link to the secure online ballot soon after this email – please vote for one of the above, and the option with the most votes will win.