Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 15/4/17

shull

1 hour ago, El Gingero said:

Not sure if this is still the case with the bus. Sportsters round the corner allow kids in if they have some food off the kids menu. There's about 75 screens in there and a couple of pool tables. That's where I tend to go to watch Scotland matches and before our games. A home game for me this weekend.

Falkirk fans I spoke to this morning on P&B said BTW still run the bus, can get tickets at the bar. Not sure if it's free or not right enough.

3 hours ago, div said:

Me and the wee man are getting the train to Falkirk High and walking down to Behind The Wall which is a great boozer in town for a pint and some good grub. They run a bus to the stadium apparently, can buy tickets behind the bar.

Yip either BOTW or Sporsters is my plan for me and the boy. Both decent food and child friendly. Four of us going now so just walk down the hill into town then a taxi after lunch.

Just now, El Gingero said:

What time does it leave mate? Does it bring you back after the match too?

Leaves the pub around 2.30. Takes you back from the ground as well, leaving from the back of the South Stand (behind the goal at the home end), so you'll need to be out the away end sharpish after the match.

Make a note of the number plate as well, a few pubs in the town run a similar service and the white coaches they use can look pretty similar. Sometimes they lay on a double decker for a big crowd though. Any idea of the numbers St Mirren will bring?   

1 minute ago, falkirkbairns1876 said:

Leaves the pub around 2.30. Takes you back from the ground as well, leaving from the back of the South Stand (behind the goal at the home end), so you'll need to be out the away end sharpish after the match.

Make a note of the number plate as well, a few pubs in the town run a similar service and the white coaches they use can look pretty similar. Sometimes they lay on a double decker for a big crowd though. Any idea of the numbers St Mirren will bring?   

1 minute ago, falkirkbairns1876 said:

Hunners. 

:)

I worked in Falkirk for five years. If dry, will give my legs a bit of exercise by parking at my old work, near the central retail park, and will walk to and from the stadium. Nice walk on a dry day. Nice area down at the stadium now - the Kelpies and the park around them are excellent.

I was at the Falkirk shop yesterday (I stay in Grangemouth) to see about letting the drum in and the guy says that St Mirren told them to expect about 1,000 to travel through.

I'm getting the 10:51 from Johnstone on Sat, gets us into Central for 11:06

Then getting the 11:45 from Queen Street to Falkirk High, gets us there for 12:04

15 min walk to BTW I believe, unless we get lost :P

If we have less than 1500 I will be astonished!

Wholeheartedly agree. I personally think 1750-2000 for various reasons.

Great run we are on

No longer in relegation/play off zone

Importance of staying ahead of teams below with just 4 games to go

Taking more than away on Tuesday night should be simpler than a work day

The fact our away support is second to none in this league

Oh and we won't lose this game

That's plenty :P

7 hours ago, El Gingero said:

Just been told there is a bus from BTW and also the Graeme Hotel.

Trains from Edinburgh apparently still running to Grahamston. Plan the be in BTW just after midday. Thanks for the bus updates.

:withstupid

and I would walk 1.5 miles :whistle  But feck it there's a bus :clapping

41 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Trains from Edinburgh apparently still running to Grahamston. Plan the be in BTW just after midday. Thanks for the bus updates.

:withstupid

and I would walk 1.5 miles :whistle  But feck it there's a bus :clapping

If you would walk 1.5 miles (and coming back) you would walk 1.5 more, you would be the man who walked a whole three miles to..................I'll get my coat

23 hours ago, shull said:

Does anyone have footage or photos when the Barricade/Hoarding collapsed under the pressure of Saints fans at The Falkirk Stadium ? 

Can't find any footage, bu t i recall it was Campbell the DJ who ended up on the ground, totally legal pitch invasion :D