Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 15/4/17

shull

2-2 full time.

We were the architects of our own downfall today, blew a good chance to take

a valuable 3 away points.

However, we are still in good shape to avoid the play offs.

A point at Tannadice next week and we can wrap it up on april 29th with a win at home to raith.

FT 2-2

Probably about right in the end. Although would like to see that late Falkirk chopped off goal again, didn't seem to be much wrong with it in real time.

Our keeper needs to learn how to deal with set pieces, that's both goals today I thought he could have done better with. McGinns goal at the other end was sumptuous.

Raiths win mean this isn't as good a point as it would have otherwise been. Although thankfully Dumbartons loss has kept us off 9th. Tannadice next week, need to get something there I think.

Just now, TopCat said:

FT 2-2

Probably about right in the end. Although would like to see that late Falkirk chopped off goal again, didn't seem to be much wrong with it in real time.

Our keeper needs to learn how to deal with set pieces, that's both goals today I thought he could have done better with. McGinns goal at the other end was sumptuous.

Raiths win mean this isn't as good a point as it would have otherwise been. Although thankfully Dumbartons loss has kept us off 9th. Tannadice next week, need to get something there I think.

yes we got away with that one 

Said before the game I'd have been happy with a point, however frustrating to draw after being ahead twice. The Raith result is a blow but not entirely unexpected after we thumped Morton during the week.

Today should act as a reminder it was always unlikely to be straightforward.

Feel good rolls on and the bond strengthens. Typical elsewhere with Raith doing something's not unexpectedly against Morton.
Great run of form and no reason to despair about our form or remaining fixtures. Our current attitude and belief will keep us up. We can do this and hopefully it will be all over after beating Raith in our last remaining home game.

My conclusions:

A great point away at 2nd place team whose great form is comparable to our own

Still in 8th

Hardest run in game out of the way (hopefully Hibs are on holiday mode by then - or at least distracted by cup final if they make it).

So - a decent day at the office, if not quite as good as it should have been. 

Good point against a 'streetwise' Falkirk in second. We are still fighting for our lives, but playing well. We do need to defend set pieces better. Think I aged about 5 years this afternoon and its only going to get more intense.
Joke of a free kick for their first, but think Thompson gave us a break with their disallowed effort. What a beauty of a goal by McGinn.
We say it every week, but yet another massive game again next week. Stelious and Morgan back gives us good options. Hopefully a famous victory awaits and the Arabs do their job this week instead of next.

FT 2-2

Looked like a foul at edge of our box (on Mallan i think) in the lead up. Ref was very slow to blow.

Good shout. Your predictions are pretty good. What`s next weeks score. I`ll put a tenner on it !!!!

I'd keep your money safely in your pocket :)

Next week

United 1-1 Saints

Morton to beat Ayr 2-1

QOS to beat Dumbarton 3-2

Hibs a few days later to beat Raith 3-1

FT 2-2

The foul had been given before the guy hit the shot. I wouldn't really describe that as a goal being chopped off if the play has already stopped.