Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

8 hours ago, Drew said:

McCann has left Dundee....

:ph34r:

Why would McCann give up the managerial job a Dundee ? Funds not available to rebuild a team in need of rebuilding. I would think Dundee would go after Jim Duffy possibly. Jack Ross has said he is here until he takes St Mirren back to where they belong I'm sure he is a man of his word. Add the fact players have came to us because Jack ross is the manager. 

12 minutes ago, Drew said:

McCann has left Dundee....

:ph34r:

Jack needs to settle down for a few years and prove himself.

He left the position at Hearts to take the Alloa job and then in turn left that job without completing what he set out to do, before taking the Saints job.

I feel like he'll be thinking about settling in at Saints and hopefully taking us back to the top league with a 2 or 3 year plan.

When he's achieved that kind of Success then his stock will have increased to a point where he's destined for a bigger job than the likes of Dundee. 

Dundee won't take Jack Ross.....yet! He has still to prove himself at a decent level. performed well at Alloa, but all he's done at St. Mirren is keep us in the Championship. And he only did that on the last day. That's how it looks from the outside. However, if Buddies are challenging for the Championship towards the end of next season, then other clubs will start sniffing around.

27 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Nervous now :( Dundee was the team Jack supported growing up. 

According to the man himself he grew up watching Junior football.

I wouldn't imagine he would jump ship to Dundee given how things have gone so far.  A pay rise and Premier League football might tempt him though.

Just now, Kemp said:

According to the man himself he grew up watching Junior football.

I wouldn't imagine he would jump ship to Dundee given how things have gone so far.  A pay rise and Premier League football might tempt him though.

Dundee was the team he watched according to one of his interviews in the press. A Dundee fan who lived near Jack took him to the games. He loved Dens stadium. 

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

A pay rise and Premier League football might tempt him though.

Yup. Who wouldn't want more money and a chance to pit yourself against the top teams in Scotland.

As soon as Dundee come close to the clubs compensation demands, he'll be away.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Yup. Who wouldn't want more money and a chance to pit yourself against the top teams in Scotland.

As long as Dundee come close to the clubs compensation demands, he'll be away.

It could backfire, though. He's a young manager who is still learning his trade, and he is switched on enough to know that.

If he were to take a move and it bombed, his career could quickly slip into decline. If, however, he stays to finish the job he has started with Saints, and it works out well, he'll go to a bigger club than Dundee.

Edited by Drew

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

As long as Dundee come close to the clubs compensation demands, he'll be away.

If you listen to Jack's interview on Sportsound a few weeks ago, he ran through his process of taking the St. Mirren job from Alloa. 

It's genuinely about more than money for Jack and I believe that. He's very conscious of the club he left and the club he was joining when he came here and that was part of his decision process. What he's said about the club and not going anywhere until the club is where they belong, I genuinely believe the guy. 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Why would McCann give up the managerial job a Dundee ? Funds not available to rebuild a team in need of rebuilding. I would think Dundee would go after Jim Duffy possibly. Jack Ross has said he is here until he takes St Mirren back to where they belong I'm sure he is a man of his word. Add the fact players have came to us because Jack ross is the manager. 

I salute your optimism, but invariably in football, and life, money talks louder than words. With managers jobs popping up every two minutes its gonna be a long summer.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

It could backfire, though. He's a young manager who is still learning his trade, and he is switched on enough to know that.

If he were to take a move and it bombed, his career could quickly slip into decline. If, however, he stays to finish the job he has started with Saints, and it works out well, he'll go to a bigger club than Dundee.

Could just as easily go the other way, he goes, takes them to top 6, makes a name for himself and moves down south.

No way, at this moment, to say which way it'll go.

The thread is heading into meltdown mode already. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint