Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

8 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Seemingly Dundee have made an official approach. Jack Ross has a buyout clause of 20k, he is on peanuts at St.mirren seemingly.

I really hope he stays but wouldn't be surprised if he left.

If we have included a buy-out clause of 20K, you have to question the claim that we were looking to consolidate for the long term and build with Ross at the helm.

Edited by Drew

Jack Ross will do a Rafa and stay cos he's gonnae embrace the love and his project just started.

Meantime Mr Scott will be quietly checking the salary top up caveats in Jacks contract.

At the end of the day money talks, but I reckon he knows he has unfinished business and will give us a season at the very least.

12 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Seemingly Dundee have made an official approach. Jack Ross has a buyout clause of 20k, he is on peanuts at St.mirren seemingly.

Rumours

If we have included a buy-out clause of 20K, you have to question the claim that we were looking to consolidate for the long term and build with Ross at the helm.

It might well have been Jack who asked for that. He might have wanted it low to get a gig at a higher club if they came in. We were a shambles with managers avoiding us like the plague when he signed, so he could have a big say on terms.

I think we should be prepared for disappointment. The lure of a Premiership gig and moving in the summer when he has a chance to build a team might be too much.

8 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I doubt very much that he's on peanuts .  What we need is a Fergie type public rebuffal of Dundee's interest the way Fergie did re Dundee and Kilmarnock in 1977. Fergie put everything into the Saints job and waited for the big club. I hope , and think , that Jack will do the same !

8 minutes ago, billyg said:

I doubt very much that he's on peanuts .  What we need is a Fergie type public rebuffal of Dundee's interest the way Fergie did re Dundee and Kilmarnock in 1977. Fergie put everything into the Saints job and waited for the big club. I hope , and think , that Jack will do the same !

Ideally, the rebuffal will come from Jack himself. I reckon he has integrity, and if he were to state early on that he is staying, he will honour his word.

The longer he is silent on the matter, the more concerned I will be.

32 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Jack Ross will do a Rafa and stay cos he's gonnae embrace the love and his project just started.

Meantime Mr Scott will be quietly checking the salary top up caveats in Jacks contract.

At the end of the day money talks, but I reckon he knows he has unfinished business and will give us a season at the very least.

If he doesn't Kharma is a bitch. Ask Mark McGhee. I also see Dundee and Saints swapping leagues after the next season. Not a step up. 

18 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Why go to Dundee they are a very poorly supported team with a crap ground. I think jack will stay at st Mirren he has a great relationship with the chairman the staff and fans plus I'm sure we can top his wages up if needed.plus I don't think the Dundee board would have let jack axe 9 players and bring in 9 new player's?

He will also (hopefully) feel a sense of responsibility having persuaded several players to sign up/stay on/extend their contracts.

We're not naive enough to think that any loyalty JR has to the club would outweigh the lure of a big move, but the Dundee managers job could not be described as such despite our respective positions at present.

We need to put this to bed soon, though, as we still have business to conclude and could do without anything stalling or distracting from this.

21 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

When's the next SMISA surplus vote taking place? :ph34r:

They can only spend that money so many times!

if Dundee make Ross the right offer, (which could include the assurance he got from GLS that he wouldn't sacked if we got relegated) then he will be off.

Not much talk linking him with Aberdeen, and ICTFC are a bit of a basket case so its Dundee, and possibly Thistle/ Fakes if either manager is lured away to replace McInnes.

Jack Ross SMTJ..?

What a lot of wet panties on this thread. What is the lure of Dundee? A premier league club that avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth with the same prospect for next season. What is JR going to achieve there? - sod all. He stays with us he gets a chance to actually win something (which there is no hope at Dundee) and raises his profile significantly maybe interesting a big club. Dundee are not a big club and he would be wasting a great opportunity by going there. It ain't going to happen.

39 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Why go to Dundee they are a very poorly supported team with a crap ground. I think jack will stay at st Mirren he has a great relationship with the chairman the staff and fans plus I'm sure we can top his wages up if needed.plus I don't think the Dundee board would have let jack axe 9 players and bring in 9 new player's?

Dundee were the 5th highest average support last season?

Lets keep it real here, Dundee have a bigger fan base than we do and are in the top league.

Will Ross go, no idea, but it is a possibility.

There is no buy-out clause in Jack's contract, which has two years to run.

That in itself would appear to rule Dundee out of going any further than an initial enquiry in my opinion.

The Dundee fans seem to be giving it billy big baws on social media but the reality is that Dundee (last season turnover £4m) are not much bigger than us (our turnover in the Premiership was £3m).

They do not have an established training complex, they have two very old stands in an otherwise impressive enough stadium, that are both costing them a fortune to maintain, and that is contributing to dismal financial performance (a loss of £500K in last accounts).

Their youth system has produced nothing of note that I can remember.

Throw in the fact that they haven't won a major honour since 1973 and I can't really see much justification for their attitude.

They currently play in a better league than us and currently get more fans through the door and that's about all they have to offer.

We have plenty of potential to grow our average attendance, and our infrastructure is one of the best in the country.

Use this as an opportunity to reward. Give Jack a new contract in Paisley and let him continue to develop what he's started.

4 minutes ago, div said:

There is no buy-out clause in Jack's contract, which has two years to run.

That in itself would appear to rule Dundee out of going any further than an initial enquiry in my opinion.

The Dundee fans seem to be giving it billy big baws on social media but the reality is that Dundee (last season turnover £4m) are not much bigger than us (our turnover in the Premiership was £3m).

They do not have an established training complex, they have two very old stands in an otherwise impressive enough stadium, that are both costing them a fortune to maintain, and that is contributing to dismal financial performance (a loss of £500K in last accounts).

Their youth system has produced nothing of note that I can remember.

Throw in the fact that they haven't won a major honour since 1973 and I can't really see much justification for their attitude.

They currently play in a better league than us and currently get more fans through the door and that's about all they have to offer.

We have plenty of potential to grow our average attendance, and our infrastructure is one of the best in the country.

Use this as an opportunity to reward. Give Jack a new contract in Paisley and let him continue to develop what he's started.

All good and I agree except that the figures you give on turnover is 33% higher than we had, considerable in my opinion.