Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

In my view, this is speculation without foundation, probably sparked by the bookies odds which were in turn affected by somebody sticking a few quid on Jack. I would expect some communication from the club at some point today, possibly tomorrow, as I'm sure the chairman will be in contact with the manager whatever the situation is to sort things out. That's what I expect. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What a lot of wet panties on this thread. What is the lure of Dundee? A premier league club that avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth with the same prospect for next season. What is JR going to achieve there? - sod all. He stays with us he gets a chance to actually win something (which there is no hope at Dundee) and raises his profile significantly maybe interesting a big club. Dundee are not a big club and he would be wasting a great opportunity by going there. It ain't going to happen.

Where as we are a championship club who avoided potential relegation in the last game of the season, to the third tier on goal difference..!

If Dundee are prepared to make him the right offer, of course he will go. He may see the challenge of securing their league status, getting a top six finish as a good addition to his CV to move up again..? Ball is in Dundee's court, I am sure Ross will give them a figure they will either meet or move on from.

Guest TPAFKATS
What a lot of wet panties on this thread. What is the lure of Dundee? A premier league club that avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth with the same prospect for next season. What is JR going to achieve there? - sod all. He stays with us he gets a chance to actually win something (which there is no hope at Dundee) and raises his profile significantly maybe interesting a big club. Dundee are not a big club and he would be wasting a great opportunity by going there. It ain't going to happen.

Never mind the lure if Dundee, I've just wasted half an hour or so reading through this thread anticipating loads of wet panties...[emoji45]

If the League had started when Ross assembled his squad we would have finished second top of the League. Ross has a chance of improving his reputation staying with us - no chance by going to Dundee. And Ross has stated several times in the past money is not his main priority. Ross can aspire to a far higher level than Dundee and going there just now would be a career mistake.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

If the League had started when Ross assembled his squad we would have finished second top of the League. Ross has a chance of improving his reputation staying with us - no chance by going to Dundee. And Ross has stated several times in the past money is not his main priority. Ross can aspire to a far higher level than Dundee and going there just now would be a career mistake.

Please, this IF nonsense.

We finished where we finished, that includes all our league games, no matter who was in charge and from when.

No need to go over all this again.

Of course we finished where we finished but we are a club on an upward trajectory - Dundee are standing still at best. With Hibs now in the top League there are probably 7 clubs looking for the one top six place. Dundee will be a bottom six club again next season - hardly an aspiring goal when he has a chance of a League Championship and a really big move thereafter.

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Never mind the lure if Dundee, I've just wasted half an hour or so reading through this thread anticipating loads of wet panties...emoji45.png

Talk about synchronicity!!!  :o

I've just spent an hour or so wading through a website showing loads of wet panties, anticipating someBuddie would blame Cheesy...

Have I got this right...? :unsure:

28 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Fans attending home games next season all to contribute a £1 each match day to the keep JR fighting for us fund rolling along.

Naw 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Of course we finished where we finished but we are a club on an upward trajectory - Dundee are standing still at best. With Hibs now in the top League there are probably 7 clubs looking for the one top six place. Dundee will be a bottom six club again next season - hardly an aspiring goal when he has a chance of a League Championship and a really big move thereafter.

I agree, we finished on a high and also Dundee were, IMO, only game or two from the 2nd bottom place but there's a whole lot of "if's" and "mibbies" in there.

Lets stay calm, nothing is anymore than talk, as far as I know.

5 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Would be very disappointed/ surprised if Jack moves to Dundee! I think he will stick with us for a season or two yet... can see him being Derek McInnes' replacement when he moves on.

You see Aberdeen, 2nd in the league, two cup finals, taking a punt on a manager with one relegation and one almost relegation on his cv? I rate Jack very highly, but a team like Aberdeen will be looking for a manager with more experience and credentials, as will their fans. They're not in a position where they have to take chances, as they;re an attractive proposition to managers. Jack won't be in the frame for that job.

45 minutes ago, div said:

There is no buy-out clause in Jack's contract, which has two years to run.

That in itself would appear to rule Dundee out of going any further than an initial enquiry in my opinion.

The Dundee fans seem to be giving it billy big baws on social media but the reality is that Dundee (last season turnover £4m) are not much bigger than us (our turnover in the Premiership was £3m).

They do not have an established training complex, they have two very old stands in an otherwise impressive enough stadium, that are both costing them a fortune to maintain, and that is contributing to dismal financial performance (a loss of £500K in last accounts).

Their youth system has produced nothing of note that I can remember.

Throw in the fact that they haven't won a major honour since 1973 and I can't really see much justification for their attitude.

They currently play in a better league than us and currently get more fans through the door and that's about all they have to offer.

We have plenty of potential to grow our average attendance, and our infrastructure is one of the best in the country.

Use this as an opportunity to reward. Give Jack a new contract in Paisley and let him continue to develop what he's started.

You forgot to add they don't own Dens Park, they rent it. Cant believe the amount of buds who are getting themselves into a panic :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Talk about synchronicity!!!  [emoji33]
I've just spent an hour or so wading through a website showing loads of wet panties, anticipating someBuddie would blame Cheesy...

Have I got this right...? :unsure:

Cheesy wet panties...You've taken that too far!

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Read that story before. Losing £500000 is not a problem they say :shockaroony  The land that they have bought is on the edge of the city, not the best place to build a new ground. Since it would cost at least 10 millions to build and with no money to come from Dens Park, I don't see it ever happening.