Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

I don't think Jack is ready to jump ship. In my opinion, he see's St Mirren as a long term project, with the goal of a return to the top flight and a top 6 finisher. I am pretty sure he would not get anymore satisfaction achieving that with any other club.
I do believe he has a very bright future ahead of him in management and his post St Mirren management career would see him managing an English team at a decent level.

Yes, quite right.

He's practical and very self aware imo.

He will have a plan for St mirren as well as ambitions for himself. That linked to his obvious successful contracting of players to date and of course his aims for St mirren next season will imo demonstrate he is better here, for now.

I think Jack Ross himself is realistic and pragmatic enough and would admit that the speculation whilst flattering is linking him to a job that he has no present ambition for.

That said wtf do I know........[emoji12]

6 minutes ago, tallpault said:

Dundee fan in peace.

Just to give you guys an update of local press our end.Its basically saying Jack Ross is very interested in taking over and wants to speak with our BOD and the 20k compensation was part of the deal of him taking over from Alloa.

Just need to see how it pans out.

Good luck for the coming season

Flarey Bob, anyone?

5 minutes ago, tallpault said:

Dundee fan in peace.

Just to give you guys an update of local press our end.Its basically saying Jack Ross is very interested in taking over and wants to speak with our BOD and the 20k compensation was part of the deal of him taking over from Alloa.

Jack Ross is currently abroad on holiday so unless someone has phoned him while he's sunning himself on a beach somewhere, I don't see how the press can know this. 

The £20k figure has also been confirmed by someone within our club to be completely untrue. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Jack Ross is currently abroad on holiday so unless someone has phoned him while he's sunning himself on a beach somewhere, I don't see how the press can know this. 

The £20k figure has also been confirmed by someone within our club to be completely untrue. 

Think the guy is suggesting its a sell on for Alloa, in that they get £20 k of any compo received, rather than a £20k release clause.

which is in line with news coming out of SMFC, as in no release clause in his contract. Still it could aw be bawz!

32 minutes ago, tallpault said:

Dundee fan in peace.

It wouldn't be like journalists to be a bunch of lying bastards though, would it?

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Try Aldi, he disnae get paid very much.

I think the Dundee rep will have flown out to where Ross is, if as reported they got permission from the club to talk to him.

usually when that permission is made public 99% of the time a deal is agreed as agents do the legwork upfront to see if its going to be worth everyones while to sit down and agree the contract detail.

We will see what is/isn't confirmed, but if Dundee asked and the club refused it wouldn't be a good thing as regards ongoing good working relations with Ross. All managers/players and us mere mortals want to know how someone values us, its human nature.

Guest TPAFKATS
Jack will be sat on holiday thinking ffs untwist yer knickers I'm on ma hols  then I'll be back to sign up a few more players, get pre-season going, keeping the club buzzing and climbing up..

You're just jealous he went on holiday with div and not you...

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

You're just jealous he went on holiday with div and not you...

haha, he can go on holiday with hauf of Greenock as long as he stays oor manager...tho I would be available also, for the holiday no the managers job hehe

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think the Dundee rep will have flown out to where Ross is, if as reported they got permission from the club to talk to him.

usually when that permission is made public 99% of the time a deal is agreed as agents do the legwork upfront to see if its going to be worth everyones while to sit down and agree the contract detail.

We will see what is/isn't confirmed, but if Dundee asked and the club refused it wouldn't be a good thing as regards ongoing good working relations with Ross. All managers/players and us mere mortals want to know how someone values us, its human nature.

Hang on, am I missing something? 

Where is it public that have we given JR permission to speak to Dundee? 

You see Aberdeen, 2nd in the league, two cup finals, taking a punt on a manager with one relegation and one almost relegation on his cv? I rate Jack very highly, but a team like Aberdeen will be looking for a manager with more experience and credentials, as will their fans. They're not in a position where they have to take chances, as they;re an attractive proposition to managers. Jack won't be in the frame for that job.

Not immediately but in a few season maybe, like I say in my post!!

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Bit of wishful thinking on your part perhaps?

If he does leave then big deal.  No one is bigger than the club etc, king is dead long live the king and all that.:)