Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

7 hours ago, div said:

There is no buy-out clause in Jack's contract, which has two years to run.

That in itself would appear to rule Dundee out of going any further than an initial enquiry in my opinion.

The Dundee fans seem to be giving it billy big baws on social media but the reality is that Dundee (last season turnover £4m) are not much bigger than us (our turnover in the Premiership was £3m).

They do not have an established training complex, they have two very old stands in an otherwise impressive enough stadium, that are both costing them a fortune to maintain, and that is contributing to dismal financial performance (a loss of £500K in last accounts).

Their youth system has produced nothing of note that I can remember.

Throw in the fact that they haven't won a major honour since 1973 and I can't really see much justification for their attitude.

They currently play in a better league than us and currently get more fans through the door and that's about all they have to offer.

We have plenty of potential to grow our average attendance, and our infrastructure is one of the best in the country.

Use this as an opportunity to reward. Give Jack a new contract in Paisley and let him continue to develop what he's started.

3 minutes ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

20k buyout clause? How do you know this?

Believe who you prefer. 

Putting 2 and 2 together and possibly coming up with 5 here but I imagine if Dundee have approached us to speak to Jack then they have been given the nod by his agent. Wouldn't be wasting there time unless there has been some encouragement from Jacks side.

So from that, either Jack fancies it or he is using this to get a bump up in salary!

Like I said total guesswork

Just now, foxbar_bud said:

Putting 2 and 2 together and possibly coming up with 5 here but I imagine if Dundee have approached us to speak to Jack then they have been given the nod by his agent. Wouldn't be wasting there time unless there has been some encouragement from Jacks side.

So from that, either Jack fancies it or he is using this to get a bump up in salary!

Don't worry, you're not alone.

6 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

That 5 + 5 does not = 6 mate it = 1,006 :)

9 minutes ago, Stockholmbud said:

BBC reporting Dundee have asked to speak to Ross saints have rebuffed it compensation not agreed 

If Jack wants to go, I can't see any other outcome.

Dundee, though....FFS.

He has just started the job with Saints and I would hope he has seen enough promise in what he has been doing to continue and see the job to a conclusion. That being getting us back to the premiership. 

Should he decide to go to Dundee, that is his decision to make but f he does, would be nice to pass the f**kers as we go up and they come down next year. 

No offence Jack ^_^

19 minutes ago, Drew said:

If Jack wants to go, I can't see any other outcome.

Dundee, though....FFS.

Have to agree.

Unless he sees something majorly wrong with the Dundee set up, I'm afraid he'll be offski. I really hope I'm wrong.

As an aside, I've always despised that wee c**t Neil McCann.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Big jump for him, one minute he's managing Alloa then Dundee in the top league.

Not a bad rise.

Remember, Dundee ARE a premier league team, we, are not.

All the arguments on that have been made. Shite club, regardless of the league they are in, but his call.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Big jump for him, one minute he's managing Alloa then Dundee in the top league.

Not a bad rise.

Remember, Dundee ARE a premier league team, we, are not.

This time next summer Alloa and Dundee may be in the same league. It is not really a big rise for him compared to if he went to a club like Aberdeen.

8 minutes ago, scottd said:

This time next summer Alloa and Dundee may be in the same league. It is not really a big rise for him compared to if he went to a club like Aberdeen.

Yes, MAYBE, but could be 2 leagues apart.

Aye, IF, MIBBIE, COULD BE, MAYBE......................take your choice, fact is Dundee are a big move for a guy who was in charge of Alloa 5 minutes ago.

Just now, SaintGlenburn said:

Just on Clyde1 talking about it. Basically saying that progressing and using St.Mirren as a stepping stone its "what jack wants"

3 different clubs in one year? Hmm.

Is it genuinely what he would have envisaged?

Anyway, if he is itching to go, f**k it, there isn't a great deal we can do to hang onto him.

Shite state of affairs, but it is what it is.

50 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Have to say, that was my thought when I read the BBC story.

Don't know how these things work but you would think Dundee would have had an indication of interest from JR to make a formal approach and then to persist having been rebuffed.

In a broader context, JR leaving is problematic given that guys like Smith and MacKenzie will have, in part, based their decision to sign on Ross being a popular gaffer. This could be unsettling for everyone.

Also, Ross clearly had ideas about how to develop and utilise the other guys we've brought in. A new manager would be presented with less scope to build his own side. So much for the benefits of getting our business done early<_<

Edited by Drew

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yes, MAYBE, but could be 2 leagues apart.

Aye, IF, MIBBIE, COULD BE, MAYBE......................take your choice, fact is Dundee are a big move for a guy who was in charge of Alloa 5 minutes ago.

You always talk up Dundee clubs whether it's United or the other. Not a problem as that is your part of the country. Two clubs near you why don't you give one your support or is it a case you just don't like going to football but prefer forums ?