Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

22 minutes ago, scottd said:

This time next summer Alloa and Dundee may be in the same league. It is not really a big rise for him compared to if he went to a club like Aberdeen.

Wait a wee minute here, are you saying that Ross, generally hailed as a great manager, couldn't keep Dundee in the top league? :blink:

FFS, I would have though he, after what he achieved with us in the latter half of the season, would have been a stick on for top 6 for Dundee?

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

GLS needs to talk to JR PDQ - one way or another we need to get this sorted with either Ross staying or more than likely a new guy in.

Any gossip on whether Dundee want JF too?

For me it'd be Hartley or bumping up JF which might sooth some of the players who have recently signed or resigned!

Bud you wanted Murray your record is not very good and nether was Hartley that's why he is out of work. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You always talk up Dundee clubs whether it's United or the other. Not a problem as that is your part of the country. Two clubs near you why don't you give one your support or is it a case you just don't like going to football but prefer forums ? 

Away and bile yer heid..................if that's all you can come up with. :lol:

5 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Why Goodwin he has less experience than Jack Ross had when he was appointed by GLS

You and TC were very vocal in condemning the club for appointing a rookie ?

Difference is Goody nearly got his team promoted, whereas Ross got one relegated, and very nearly another!

anyway, so who do you want to see as Ross's successor?

Edited by Lord Pityme

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Bud you wanted Murray your record is not very good and nether was Hartley that's why he is out of work. 

We've been through this before Murray was the best of the up & coming managers at the time. It wasn't till a lot later that you decided he wasn't the man for the job and I can do a search and dig your posts from May 2015 again if you want - just say the word.

As for Hartley yeah he was sacked but so will all the experienced managers within our price range so unless we go for an up & comer and the best of those Stephen Aitken just signed a two year contract with Dumbarton last week that's something we'll just have to accept.

It's disappointing news about JR but I've seen over 20 Saints managers come and go and I hope to see a good few more before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I'd be happy with either Hartley or bumping up JF if he doesn't fancy going to Dundee.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

We've been through this before Murray was the best of the up & coming managers at the time. It wasn't till a lot later that you decided he wasn't the man for the job and I can do a search and dig your posts from May 2015 again if you want - just say the word.

As for Hartley yeah he was sacked but so will all the experienced managers within our price range so unless we go for an up & comer and the best of those Stephen Aitken just signed a two year contract with Dumbarton last week that's something we'll just have to accept.

It's disappointing news about JR but I've seen over 20 Saints managers come and go and I hope to see a good few more before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

They come along more frequently than buses these days!

How many can we squeeze in during the new season? Can we get to three?

Copied and pasted from Pie and Bovril to stop me retyping similar:

Ultimately I think a lot of folk are trying to convince themselves more than other fans that he'll stay. If he was a player it would be an easy decision and from a footballing point of view it looks fairly simple. Dundee are in a higher league and seem reasonably stable. They have a decent fanbase unlike some other Premiership clubs. With good management they could be in the top six next season - I think Hartley managed it the year we got relegated so it's not total lunacy to suggest that. I don't think factors such as turnover, who owns the stadium etc will come into it, especially if it's the club he supports. Any Championship manager outside MacKinnon and maybe Houston would be daft not to consider the Dundee job if the chance came up.

A large part will decide how happy he is at Saints. He has a good relationship with the fans, the board and the squad. Can he be bothered changing clubs yet again and having to start all over from scratch once more? Maybe he'd be quite happy sticking at the club for a few years and building something, trying to get us promoted and working with the younger players. He could see it as unfinished business as there's plenty of potential in the club. We seem to be willing to give him some of the money from player sales - how much of the cash from Hemmings and Stewart did Hartley get to spend on the squad?

Time will tell. Wouldn't surprise me what happens.

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'd be happy with either Hartley or bumping up JF if he doesn't fancy going to Dundee.

Sorry, missed this.

As a club we have been on a downward spiral for years. Isn't it typical that just as we look as though we have turned the corner and have some momentum going that bloody black cloud reappears.

Hope that Jack stays and GLS makes every effort to keep him - think Jack staying and taking us up would increase his stock and ultimately get him a much better move than Dundee

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Sorry, missed this.

And Jack Ross has a two year deal with Saints, what's the difference?

Could everyone please stop quoting the couple of fuds that seem to be jumping for joy at something potentially going wrong for us.  I have them on ignore for a reason.

Would be poor form for JR to jump ship.  GS showed enough loyalty to make clear Ross would be our manager if we went down to League 1.  He has brought in players like McGinn and Eckersley who wanted to work specifically with him and given them contracts the same length as his own.  Dundee are not the next level he should be aiming for.

Still, if he goes we just try and recruit well.  St Mirren should be challenging for the league title next season no matter who is in charge.

GLS and Tony Fitzpatrick will be dealing with this i have no doubt. If anyone can talk Jack into remaining with us it's those two... Dundee's only advantage over us is the league they're in, there's nowt else attractive about that job. Stay at St Mirren and become a legend Jack!