Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

From the Dundee Evening Telegraph...............

If, as expected, Dundee do make a firm move to appoint him — and they have already sought permission from St Mirren to open talks — compensation should not be an issue.

The problem for Dark Blues managing director John Nelms is that Ross is currently out of the country on holiday.

One way around that problem would be for Nelms to arrange a meeting with his top target and jump on a plane to get there.

Dundee supporters slag this newspaper off . More lazy journalism .

BBC website says that Gordon Scott knocked back the initial approach from Dundee AND told them that another approach would not be welcome.

Like others above, I think Gordon must have been in contact with Jack before making such a definite statement. I hope that's the case and that Jack has agreed to stay.......meantime.  

BBC website says that Gordon Scott knocked back the initial approach from Dundee AND told them that another approach would not be welcome.
Like others above, I think Gordon must have been in contact with Jack before making such a definite statement. I hope that's the case and that Jack has agreed to stay.......meantime.  

I've thought this since I heard this story but until Gordon comes out with a statement and sets our minds at rest then nothing would surprise me.

From the Dundee Evening Telegraph...............
If, as expected, Dundee do make a firm move to appoint him — and they have already sought permission from St Mirren to open talks — compensation should not be an issue.
The problem for Dark Blues managing director John Nelms is that Ross is currently out of the country on holiday.
One way around that problem would be for Nelms to arrange a meeting with his top target and jump on a plane to get there.

Thanks to the paper for explaining how two people in different countries could meet up.

Very balanced, and complimentary view from Dundee forum..................

Ross had to change the entire spine of the team at St Mirren, their midfield was especially woeful and he integrated a few players from the youths and recruited very well to get them going again. His improvement in their points to game stat is pretty commendable and his quick work in moving on dead wood really saved them.

At Alloa, he had to make huge changes in their summer window (losing the likes of Meggatt to us) and set out a team which he had in a title race and did very well in the cups (drew Celtic quite close in the cup).

As a member of the backroom staff at Dumbarton, he was hailed as the real brains behind the operation and his departure from the club was cited as a big reason that they declined substantially the next season and why Ian Murray faltered. He was often spoken of in circles to be one of the best coaches going around at that level and has been touted as a big thing for a while.

It could always go wrong when a manager steps up but in a sample size of a couple of seasons, his record is as good as anybody could have with that period of time at that level when you take into consideration the scenarios in which he found himself in.

Pesky Dundee supporters, funny how they see things..................

There's nothing unusual in St.Mirren's stance....they found a manager who arrested their freefall towards Div.1, delivered two good cup performances against us & Celtic, and turned their end-of-season form around. They were always going to say 'no chance', and I'm sure Nelms was aware of that.

An agent will certainly be involved, Ross will be well aware via agent & media, with no contact from Nelms. If he's not interested, I'm sure he'll be calling his club board. I'm equally as sure that, if he is interested in finding out what we have to offer, he'll also be calling his club board to say he wants to hear this.

Even if they still refuse contact, if Ross is interested, he'll likely tell his club board that he'll resign if they refuse, they'll lose him & get no compensation.

St.Mirren will be hoping he stays, but (probably) prepared to lose him & get what they can from us.

I'd imagine that's the way most of these 'approaches' to lower-league clubs tend to go, as there's no restriction, like the player transfer window.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Pesky Dundee supporters, funny how they see things..................

There's nothing unusual in St.Mirren's stance....they found a manager who arrested their freefall towards Div.1, delivered two good cup performances against us & Celtic, and turned their end-of-season form around. They were always going to say 'no chance', and I'm sure Nelms was aware of that.

An agent will certainly be involved, Ross will be well aware via agent & media, with no contact from Nelms. If he's not interested, I'm sure he'll be calling his club board. I'm equally as sure that, if he is interested in finding out what we have to offer, he'll also be calling his club board to say he wants to hear this.

Even if they still refuse contact, if Ross is interested, he'll likely tell his club board that he'll resign if they refuse, they'll lose him & get no compensation.

St.Mirren will be hoping he stays, but (probably) prepared to lose him & get what they can from us.

I'd imagine that's the way most of these 'approaches' to lower-league clubs tend to go, as there's no restriction, like the player transfer window.

Have they no sin binned you yet ?

Just now, pondsman said:

Don't do it, Shull! You don't need to live like this! Counselling is available. You can turn your life around!

I'm sure everything will work out okay.

Jack will stay and we will enter the SPFL Premiership in Season 2018/19

Sounds to me thats talks have taken place in the back ground.

Compensation of £20,000 has raised it's head in the Record which goes onto say John Potter will be Jack Ross number 2  at Dundee.

If Jack wants to go to Dundee I would let him go as much as I would be disappointed. 

I would appoint James Fowler and allan McManus a formidable team I'm sure who know what has been going on.

Would hope that the chairman has discussed this with Jack, and it's not an attempt to tough it out, keeping him here against his wishes. I would think it's the former, but the lack of content in the statement leaves it open for speculation...