Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

From the Dundee Evening Telegraph...............

If, as expected, Dundee do make a firm move to appoint him — and they have already sought permission from St Mirren to open talks — compensation should not be an issue.

The problem for Dark Blues managing director John Nelms is that Ross is currently out of the country on holiday.

One way around that problem would be for Nelms to arrange a meeting with his top target and jump on a plane to get there.

9 hours ago, munoz said:

Dundee supporters slag this newspaper off . More lazy journalism .

Aye, wrang again. :lol:

Haud on, my impeccable source now says he THINKS Nelms has flown out for a meeting.

I'll get back to you on it. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

If Nelms has flown out to speak to Ross, as reported in the Record, then Dundee MUST get their man. Otherwise anyone else they approach will know that they are second choice.

Nelms travelling also indicates that Ross is at least prepared to consider the Dundee job. In which case, my regard for Jack drops considerably. I know that football these days is a cutthroat business, but I thought we had found a man with a bit more integrity than most. If he takes Dundee he will have a reputation as someone who starts jobs but doesn't finish them. I thought he was smarter than that. Even if he stays at Buddies now, I don't think I will look at him in the same way in the future.

Don't you think that Dundee approaching us to take our manager is something to moan about?
You can bet that Jack Ross isn't just sitting relaxing on his holiday. He'll be on his phone non stop just now!

Nope. If Jack leaves then I will moan. Until then, I wont.

20 minutes ago, pondsman said:

If Nelms has flown out to speak to Ross, as reported in the Record, then Dundee MUST get their man. Otherwise anyone else they approach will know that they are second choice.

Nelms travelling also indicates that Ross is at least prepared to consider the Dundee job. In which case, my regard for Jack drops considerably. I know that football these days is a cutthroat business, but I thought we had found a man with a bit more integrity than most. If he takes Dundee he will have a reputation as someone who starts jobs but doesn't finish them. I thought he was smarter than that. Even if he stays at Buddies now, I don't think I will look at him in the same way in the future.

A bit unfair.

Nothing is known at this stage and to condemn him is way off the mark.

44 minutes ago, billyg said:

Daily Ranger online now saying that we have offered JR a new deal which he has said he will consider. Also says that JR distanced himself from putting his name to the clubs official refusal as he wants to talk to Dundee.

Hmm.

This has now reached the stage that it would be better just to get it sorted one way or another.

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, wrang again. :lol:

Haud on, my impeccable source now says he THINKS Nelms has flown out for a meeting.

I'll get back to you on it. :rolleyes:

Wrong about what ? Dundee fans do slag the the local rag off . 

Hopefully the plane takes a detour to Bermuda ( triangle) . 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-chief-john-nelms-flies-10536265

"Record Sport understands the American travelled abroad armed with a lucrative wage offer as well as plans to build a new purpose-built stadium in a bid to entice Ross to make the move from Paisley."

The bit about the stadium is possibly one of the most ridiculous ways I've heard of to tempt a new manager. How long is that going to take to come to fruition? A good three or four years. He'll be long gone by then as he'll either have been sacked or moved on to better things. And the money for that will lead to a reduced player budget.

Whether it's Dundee or the Record that have come up with that one it's an utterly crazy idea.

It seems unlikely that Nelms would fly out unless he'd been given some encouragement by JR. If that's the case, it's disappointing from a man who has so often spoken about the importance of trust and togetherness in creating a successful team.

However, football these days is a short-term business and I recognise that people must take opportunities which arise when they are doing well. Jack might not be flavour of the month in six months time if Buddies make a poor start to next season, so I suppose he has to consider all offers that come his way right now.

This raises the question: what is the future for our club if we are unable to retain a successful manager when we find one. It looks fairly bleak, I think.

If it is true about Helms going to meet JR when refused permission by his "member" club i.e. us then, yes, that's completely against SFA rules and Dundee are in bother.
SFA handbook: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFApublications2011-12/Scottish FA Handbook.pdf
Picture1.thumb.png.18e9aeef1c7ec35508edff6ceccda23e.png

Hmmmmm. I'm sure they'll skip round that by saying it was a last minute .com short break. Probably bump into Jack at the airport. Amazing how that works. What's the worst, "so sue me"
Dundee, as usual, no class