Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

According to STV news, Nelms is out of the country interviewing possible candidates for the vacant Dundee manager's job. It is understood JR is still in the frame despite GS issuing a statement that we've rejected an approach to speak to JR.

Just now, class of 76-77 said:

Can anyone actually confirm exactly where Jack is on holiday. I've seen Spain, Portugal, and Cyprus mentioned, so with that in mind this Dundee chairman might be covering most of Europe trying to locate him. :lol:

Blackpool.

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-chief-john-nelms-flies-10536265

"Record Sport understands the American travelled abroad armed with a lucrative wage offer as well as plans to build a new purpose-built stadium in a bid to entice Ross to make the move from Paisley."

The bit about the stadium is possibly one of the most ridiculous ways I've heard of to tempt a new manager. How long is that going to take to come to fruition? A good three or four years. He'll be long gone by then as he'll either have been sacked or moved on to better things. And the money for that will lead to a reduced player budget.

Whether it's Dundee or the Record that have come up with that one it's an utterly crazy idea.

Agreed on the probable time scale but what it does show is a willingness for the club to spend money and show they are looking to be a team that means business?

1 minute ago, Svard svard said:

Doesn't matter if Ross has encouraged a discussion the fact is Ross's employers have denied him any discussion.

As others have suggested, the chances of getting cast iron proof of any such discussion would be well nigh impossible.

And in around 2 years no money with the collection buckets out yet again for the poor dears.

Aye, they must be one of the most reckless of Scottish football clubs.

As has been said, the grasping desperation in the record report about a new ground ffs. It smacks of SPIV and CHAV bullshit

29 minutes ago, DFC said:

Here is the article in tonight's Tele our end.

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

Regardless of what Ross' decision is, are we to genuinely believe that Dundee have suddenly found enough money to tempt a full time manager when they could tempt a part time pundit with 7 games under his belt only 6 days ago? 

I'd take anything printed there with a massive pinch of salt. The imaginary 20k figure has already been dispelled as a complete fabrication so why would we trust anything else that's there in print? 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed on the probable time scale but what it does show is a willingness for the club to spend money and show they are looking to be a team that means business?

If he's a Dundee fan he should already be aware how good they are at spending money they don't actually have.

Just now, Stu said:

If he's a Dundee fan he should already be aware how good they are at spending money they don't actually have.

IF he goes, and, again, there's an awful lot of angst on here about something that's far from settled, then I'd assume he has been made some promises, and if these plans are serious then, irrespective of any previous, he will see this as a club on the up.

Anyhow, even if it's mostly all "if's and mibbies", still a great thread. :lol:

It should be Jack's decision. If he feels going to Dundee is going to progress his career more than us then so be it.

As for him going to Dundee the best he can do is getting into the top 6 as they are never going to qualify for Europe IMO.

If he take us up and and challenging for the top 6 that will be a bigger achievement.

It a massive decision for him though as his stock is high just now but like any manager it could turn with a bad season.

When he makes that decision it will let us know if he is in this for the long haul or full of guff.

Either way it will all come out in the wash....

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Regardless of what Ross' decision is, are we to genuinely believe that Dundee have suddenly found enough money to tempt a full time manager when they could tempt a part time pundit with 7 games under his belt only 6 days ago? 

I'd take anything printed there with a massive pinch of salt. The imaginary 20k figure has already been dispelled as a complete fabrication so why would we trust anything else that's there in print? 

Just a bit of heads up reguarding NM.Everything was agreed and he was expected to be announced on Monday or Tuesday but apparently Sky came back with an improved offer and is now on 350k pa.No way we could compete with that or the security the job offers him

6 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

It should be Jack's decision. If he feels going to Dundee is going to progress his career more than us then so be it.

As for him going to Dundee the best he can do is getting into the top 6 as they are never going to qualify for Europe IMO.

If he take us up and and challenging for the top 6 that will be a bigger achievement.

It a massive decision for him though as his stock is high just now but like any manager it could turn with a bad season.

When he makes that decision it will let us know if he is in this for the long haul or full of guff.

Either way it will all come out in the wash....

I've said the same elsewhere. Hartley took the Dees as far as they can go. Then the board and to a degree the players strung him out. I'd  be worried if my main attraction was the fact that I had previously made a major gamble on the transfer market and was  expected to do the same again with no money and at higher standard of league. 

Looking at the next manager at Dees will be fighting relegation. 

In the end it is up to Ross. I think he'll wait for a proper job, like Hearts.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If as is being reported, Dundee have offered to pay any compo/speaking clause in Ross's contract, the fact Scott has said they dont welcome any interest is moot! If its true thats one hell of a howler drawing up that contract?

My thoughts entirely. Why would you give a manager a 3 year contract yet build in such a derisory sum that most clubs could pay to take him away?

Just now, nedflanders123 said:

My thoughts entirely. Why would you give a manager a 3 year contract yet build in such a derisory sum that most clubs could pay to take him away?

Which derisory sum is this?

The one that the media have fabricated?