Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

5 minutes ago, Rorros said:

withoot going thru every post again and in nae particular order.....

Dundee are a basket case of a club.....not at the moment reasonably well run.

Dundee making huge losses.....half a million last year didn't include hemmings and Stewart sales.

dfc are not a bigger club.....I think we are and most commentators would agree but it wouldn't be hugely important if I was ross.

Dundee are on a downward spiral.....just retained oor spl status again for 3rd year on the spin.

cud go on but ill no bother.

certainly in the balance whether he comes or not.

I wud ask is it easier to get you guys up or easier to keep us up?

I wud assume its the later. Cant see you guys winning the league ( though obviously id love that) and the playoffs are weighted against the championship.

p.s Hartley wouldn't be the worst appointment at championship level.

Aye, there's an assumption that Dundee will repeat errors of years gone past.

Like this thread, more "if's and mibbies" but your spelling and grammar is disappointing. :rolleyes:

Prepare to get dismantled.

what still niggles is why McCann turned nelms down.

was it because we don't have enough funds to buy what's required or was his salary and job security at sky too much to walk away from.

if its the former ross may well turn us down.

em no sure myself if it was former or latter.

23 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

If JR decides to join Dundee then so what.  Even if they increase his salary by 15k never mind triple it, that's still a lot to turn down.  I like Ross, well I like the way he had the team playing at the end of the season, and if he leaves but Fowler remains and takes over I don't think the style will change, and a number of the players are still here.  My real sympathy is for the 4 part time players who may have left their other jobs because JR wanted them. The next manager might not.  Whatever happens I will still be renewing my season ticket as I support the club regardless of who the manager is, Christ I remember the despair when Fergie left, only for us to have higher finishes in the next 2 seasons.  For what is worth I would go for Alex Neil with Fowler as his assistant.  Coming back to Scotland after a rough time never did McInnes any harm.

Aye because Alex Neil Is going to take the St Mirren gig, honest to christ.

Spoke to Gordon about 15 mins ago. He is in Spain (on a pre-planned trip).

That now makes Tony, Jack, James and Gordon who are all abroad on holiday at the moment.

Gordon told me " We will do everything in our power to keep Jack at this football club, without putting the finances of the club in peril. If I need to go and visit Jack in Spain then rest assured that it will be done"

1 minute ago, div said:

That now makes Tony, Jack, James and Gordon who are all abroad on holiday at the moment.

Gordon told me " We will do everything in our power to keep Jack at this football club, without putting the finances of the club in peril. If I need to go and visit Jack in Spain then rest assured that it will be done"

I thought Jack was in Cyprus?

9 minutes ago, div said:

Sounds to me like we're not prepared to build a new stadium to keep him :(

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Sounds to me like we're not prepared to build a new stadium to keep him :(

The press are now reporting that Dundee FC are promising to build Jack a full scale and fully functioning replica of the Millennium Falcon.

17 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Aye because Alex Neil Is going to take the St Mirren gig, honest to christ.

True just a big step down from Hamilton much better to stay unemployed to Bury or Hartlepool come calling.  Strange how he is too big, yet a lot of people wanted Billy Davies who has worked with far bigger clubs than Norwich. 

I think Ross will take the Dundee job if as looks likely they offer him it. If everything is sound and the soundings that Jack will take from others point that way then he will go no doubt and he'd be a fool not to.

Dundee are easily middle table Premiership team with a few additions to current squad and managed correctly.

They are easily a team who could make top 6 in time over a few transfer windows.

So unless Jack Ross calculates that a bigger job will come along if he keeps the momentum at SMFC next season then I think he will go, no matter what Gordon Scott puts his way.

For me if Jack goes its better now than mid season.

If he wasn't interested it would be dead by now and its his club he supported as a boy so the pull is there

So for me the big question now is who do we get next.

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

I think Ross will take the Dundee job if as looks likely they offer him it. If everything is sound and the soundings that Jack will take from others point that way then he will go no doubt and he'd be a fool not to.

Dundee are easily middle table Premiership team with a few additions to current squad and managed correctly.

They are easily a team who could make top 6 in time over a few transfer windows.

So unless Jack Ross calculates that a bigger job will come along if he keeps the momentum at SMFC next season then I think he will go, no matter what Gordon Scott puts his way.

For me if Jack goes its better now than mid season.

If he wasn't interested it would be dead by now and its his club he supported as a boy so the pull is there

So for me the big question now is who do we get next.

He is under contract so unless he resigns then he won't be going anywhere if the club refuse talks with Dundee.