Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

Imagine that you have been offered a job and have had the brazen audacity to give it some consideration - to weigh up your options.

Imagine then, that you decline the offer, but are promptly summonsed by your employer to publicly explain your "behaviour" in not immediately knocking it back.

Finally, imagine, if you will, that this entire episode was largely played out through the lens of tawdry rags masquerading as newspapers.

Can you imagine that?

Thought not<_<

Edited by Drew
typo

53 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If and its a feckin massive "IF" Ross is using this to play the board for more cash, after two thirds of a season in which he had us the worst team in the league, only avoiding potential relegation on goal difference in the last game of the season...?

I would fly out to Spain and sack the c**t for his utter betrayal of a board and chairman who stood by him when he was getting pelters and calls for him to be sacked. Only my opinion though.

So you think Jack has engineered Dundee's interest in him? 

If - and it's a big if - you are desperate to see the manager go in one way or another to detract from how silly you look after writing him off, you're not being very subtle about it...

Only my opinion though.

16 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

You are an absolute clown. A laughing stock. Only my opinion, though.

So are you also happy that Ross is playing the board and chairman who backed and supported him, insisting he would be here next season even if we were relegated, the board, chairman and smisa members who funded and supported shipping ten players in and out in January..?

are you happy he is playing everyone who stood by him to stuff his wallet..? Who is Ross laughing at?

its Div thats in the know and aslso seems to be happy about this. Read his post.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Amazing to think some of our "supporters" have now tied themselves up in so many knots over this that they are now openly calling our most popular manager in the last 20 years a "cunt" here on the forum.

I should be surprised, but I'm really not.

Stay calm, don't believe everything you read  is my advice.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

So are you also happy that Ross is playing the board and chairman who backed and supported him, insisting he would be here next season even if we were relegated, the board, chairman and smisa members who funded and supported shipping ten players in and out in January..?

are you happy he is playing everyone who stood by him to stuff his wallet..? Who is Ross laughing at?

Doesn't make me happy per se, but as a normally-functioning adult who lives in the real world, I know that this is just how things work. If he leverages interest from elsewhere to get himself a better deal with Saints, then I'm comfortable with that.

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

If he stays he will have to explain to fans why there was no immediate refusal to Dundee, why he allowed himself to be wooed by a club which has dealt so poorly with its previous manager. It won't be enough just to say 'I'm staying, I never had any intention of leaving'. That won't wash with many fans, I'm afraid. They will want a better explanation than that for his behaviour.

He'd be absolutely daft not to consider what Dundee had to offer. Jack is anything but daft. 

It will come down to a choice between staying with a club where he has an affinity with the fans, a chairman he trusts, and a squad of players who would run through a brick wall for him, or taking a big raise in pay, and going to a club where he has none of these things - and no guarantee he would get any of them.

Any fans who question him for considering the options for himself and his young family can piss off as far as I'm concerned...

Latest from Dundee forum.................

Dundee’s pursuit of Jack Ross is nearing the end game.

Courier Sport understands that St Mirren can’t come close to the financial package the Dark Blues are able to offer the man they want to succeed Neil McCann in the Dens Park dugout.

The Buddies have been playing hardball regarding official talks between Dundee chief executive John Nelms and Ross but this is not putting the Premiership side off.

Far from it.

The small compensation clause in his Buddies’ contract isn’t an issue and the noises from the Ross camp have given them encouragement that he is keen on the Dundee job.

There is some understandable reluctance from the 40-year-old to abandon a St Mirren project that has only just begun but it would take a significant change of heart for him now to stay in Paisley, such is the pull of getting his big chance in the top flight.

The smart money is on Ross returning from his family holiday in the next few days and being unveiled as the new Dundee manager.

1 minute ago, div said:

Amazing to think some of our "supporters" have now tied themselves up in so many knots over this that they are now openly calling our most popular manager in the last 20 years a "c**t" here on the forum.

Wow... is that a massive Theresa May U- turn there?

first you tell us Ross is playing the people (including all supporters) who backed, supported and financed him to narrowly avoid the drop, for more cash, and you are comfortable with it.

now you are telling us not to believe you..?

4 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Doesn't make me happy per se, but as a normally-functioning adult who lives in the real world, I know that this is just how things work. If he leverages interest from elsewhere to get himself a better deal with Saints, then I'm comfortable with that.

Is it 'just how it works'..?

a guy who got his first club relegated, damn near did the same with his second if it were not for board, chairman and fans bankrolling his mid-season twenty player turnaround, is now playing those same people to get even more out of them?

Ross has got form with wanting more, and with Div giving us the inside on his latest attempted do-over of the very people who went out on a limb for him, you are comfortable with that!

how much more of what he wants to play us for are you comfortable with? Is he ok to play us again in January if he's gotbthe team at the botyom of the league again?

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

its Div thats in the know and aslso seems to be happy about this. Read his post.

Personally couldn't give a shit if Jack was engineering a pay rise. His stock is high - why shouldn't he get a raise if other clubs from a higher league are interested? As long as he delivers a team playing the football we were last season, scoring goals, winning games, I'd give him as much as we could afford.

13 minutes ago, div said:

Amazing to think some of our "supporters" have now tied themselves up in so many knots over this that they are now openly calling our most popular manager in the last 20 years a "c**t" here on the forum.

Are you included in that div :rolleyes::lol:

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Courier Sport understands that St Mirren can’t come close to the financial package the Dark Blues are able to offer the man they want to succeed Neil McCann in the Dens Park dugout.

The Buddies have been playing hardball regarding official talks between Dundee chief executive John Nelms and Ross but this is not putting the Premiership side off.

Far from it.

The small compensation clause in his Buddies’ contract isn’t an issue and the noises from the Ross camp have given them encouragement that he is keen on the Dundee job.

There is some understandable reluctance from the 40-year-old to abandon a St Mirren project that has only just begun but it would take a significant change of heart for him now to stay in Paisley, such is the pull of getting his big chance in the top flight.

The smart money is on Ross returning from his family holiday in the next few days and being unveiled as the new Dundee manager.

Speculation and whatabouttery. They might get lucky, and it will play out like this, but there is nothing of substance here.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is it 'just how it works'..?

a guy who got his first club relegated, damn near did the same with his second if it were not for board, chairman and fans bankrolling his mid-season twenty player turnaround, is now playing those same people to get even more out of them?

Ross has got form with wanting more, and with Div giving us the inside on his latest attempted do-over of the very people who went out on a limb for him, you are comfortable with that!

how much more of what he wants to play us for are you comfortable with? Is he ok to play us again in January if he's gotbthe team at the botyom of the league again?

First bit in bold: Well, clearly it is. The football world rates him, (most of) our fans and our board rate him. He is popular, he did a good job. St Mirren can't operate in a bubble - outside forces will dictate how we operate.

Second bit in bold: I think we all saw enough to suggest the squad, as it stood, wasn't good enough. We performed well enough with the players that came in, to suggest that the action that was taken was the correct. Do we really need to go over this again?

Third bit in bold: stop mashing the keyboard and calm down.

Far from it.

"Dundee forum "
[emoji106]

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Speculation and whatabouttery. They might get lucky, and it will play out like this, but there is nothing of substance here.

"The smart money is on" means he's no idea, but as he thinks Dundee are trebling Jack's salary, he can't see anyone knocking that back. And the belief that Dundee are a huge club also has a bearing - he thinks it's a huge step up for Jack.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

The rot set in the day Danny Lennon was sacked. 

And yes, he was sacked and treated disgracefully. 

Sorry Shull mate but end on contract and being sacked are two entirely different things. Danny's time was up and we all moved on.  The board then royally fecked things up. If they had brought in a decent replacement then who knows where we would be?