Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

4 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

I've heard from a very very reliable source that we definitely have nothing to worry about, Jack Ross is going nowhere!!

Aye, but, but, he's a c**t whose behaviour has been unacceptable and he must go!:wacko:

Jack must be strutting up and down the beach just now like that guy from the Southern Comfort ad. All this attention he's getting in the press /everyone wanting a piece of him. I hope sevco make a few signings to keep the Record and Sun busy and away from our club [emoji19]

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If and its a feckin massive "IF" Ross is using this to play the board for more cash, after two thirds of a season in which he had us the worst team in the league, only avoiding potential relegation on goal difference in the last game of the season...?

I would fly out to Spain and sack the c**t for his utter betrayal of a board and chairman who stood by him when he was getting pelters and calls for him to be sacked. Only my opinion though.

"Betrayal"- Ha ha

Ur such a Fud................. you were the twat that never wanted him,

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

"Betrayal"- Ha ha

Ur such a Fud................. you were the twat that never wanted him,

Which might explain the bile from him and the others who are screaming treachery. Do a wee check on their attitude to JR during this season and I bet a fair number those who are condemning him now are playing the "I can now justify myself" card!

It looks like Jack has pulled the rug from under them! Now they'll moan that he took too long to respond!

Edited by Danny
Update after JR statement

So player does well attracts the interest of bigger clubs but we offer them a new improved contract which they sign and everyone lauds the actions of the club as great business yet some suggest the same principal should not apply to a manager.  What a warped narrow mind some of our so called supporters have. Were these same idiots accusing Kyle Magennis of "holding the club to ransom" - no they were praising both player and club for keeping a talent with us. Total wallopers !!!!

Just now, Gosport Buddie said:

Club News

Jack Ross has issued the following statement to St Mirren supporters on the back of speculation linking him to the Dundee job. 

"Following speculation regarding my position as the manager of the club, I can confirm that I remain focused on continuing to build on the momentum we created in the second half of last season. 

"James and I have put in a lot of hard work already and will continue to do so as we strive to prepare a squad capable of challenging in what will be a hugely competitive and demanding Championship.

"It remains my responsibility to reward the loyalty and passion of our supporters with a team which they can be proud of."

Paranoia strikes again :lol:

Most on here have obviously never been head hunted- Its a nice feeling

Jack Ross has high stock- Speaks well, respected and as proven a winner...... He has shown he can identify talent and from virtually a very low base create winning mentality-

Is the problem here its Dundee or just any club dare to try and get Jack.

He can talk to whoever he wants.......... or our some suggesting that he has no right, he has to honour his contract?

Seem to remember a " Sack Jack Ross Thread " that started less than 6 months ago.....................

A lot of Theresa Mays on here that's for sure.....

If he stays, great and of he leaves- then he leaves with my thanks for saving this club....

I would then move for Goodie........................

3 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Excellent news no doubt the usual fuds will pull it apart sylable by sylable and twist it round in attempt to have it mean something it dowsn't. To me that's a good enough statement of intent to get on with the job he started.

2 hours ago, div said:

Tony, Gordon, Jack and James are all out of the country right now. Although that of course doesn't mean nothing can happen I'd say it's unlikely we'll see much more on this from Saints until next week.

Stop Press. Woo, that could mean they are in Italy trying to coax Totti out of retirement (rubs hands shade'ily). Ah, the Dundee thing is all a smoke screen, well done Saints.

Right now that Jack has, whilst on holiday, getting a break that he badly needs............... committed to what he said from Day One

Can the fannies that now don't like him or think he will betray ( Et tu Jack!!) us, admit they are cocks..............

If JR has just added some money on his contract then he totally deserves it. Mallan was worth about 50p before JR took the reigns,

I am well chuffed

Just now, Hendo said:

Excellent news, and there must be appreciation of him making this statement when he's on holiday. Can we all now let him and his family enjoy the rest of their break?

Unless he buys an Forfar Bridie or an Arbroath Smokie then the Rumourmill will stir

1 hour ago, HSS said:

I don't know why LP bothers "supporting" SMFC.Every post is so negative.I think we should be told what the Club did to upset him so much.

"What the club did?"

no, it's why Div, and seemingly what a few others support Ross in dounf, using Dundee to "get a few more quid from the Saints".

the club is bigger than anyone, if Ross wants to go, fine. But the explanation given that he is only "playing" us for more cash, eight months into a job he was given an assurance he would keep if we were relegated, and given a huge bump in budget from the McAllister, Naismith sales and Smisa members in January..!

somehow, given what he said he felt he could achieve when he took the job (make us promotion contenders) but then actually only avoiding potential relegation on goal difference, would indicate in any business he has not been able to deliver on agreed targets.

Should he be holding us to ransom on the basis of that?

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

That statement reads keeping options open more than anything else. Think this still has mileage in it. Plus next manager to move on....

What would you have him say?

48 minutes ago, div said:

I've merged LPM's latest meltdown into the main thread.

It's now in here alongside all his other meltdown posts.

Cheers, thanks for your normal dose of personal abuse. Can you tell me if therevare any other employees at the club, you think should be able to use another party to squeeze a bit more out of the Saints?