Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Cheers, thanks for your normal dose of personal abuse. Can you tell me if therevare any other employees at the club, you think should be able to use another party to squeeze a bit more out of the Saints?

Personal Abuse Klaxxon!!!!

Sounds to me the statement is as transparent as it can be, he's staying put!!! sky still have him at 1/3 for the gig so start getting money on some outsiders & make a bit of cash

Stubbs 8/1
Aitken 10/1
Pressley 10/1
Yogi 12/1
Duffy 12/1
Ravanelli 25/1

53 minutes ago, div said:

You've finally lost it :lol:

I didn't tell you anything. I offered an opinion that if Jack was clever, or if indeed he had an agent who was doing his job, he'd be using the current situation to improve his terms at St.Mirren.

That's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have, and I'm perfectly entitled to have that opinion no matter how many toys you throw out your pram.

You support him holding the club to ransom after everything the club, board, chairman and fans have done to keep him in a job. Yeah its your opinion, which you are entitled to. Tell me would you have supported him in this murky charade early January this year?

Give the Club and JR a f**king break FFS.

The Club issued a statement due to knickers getting wet. JR issued a statement for the same reason. And folk still comment in a negative way starting with IF.

Wait until he comes back and try phoning him for more reassurance. In the meantime wrap yer comfort blanket around you.

2 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Sounds to me the statement is as transparent as it can be, he's staying put!!! sky still have him at 1/3 for the gig so start getting money on some outsiders & make a bit of cash

Stubbs 8/1
Aitken 10/1
Pressley 10/1
Yogi 12/1
Duffy 12/1
Ravanelli 25/1

They should give it to Duffy , not because he's a great manager but because it will feck up Tons preparation for the new season:D

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You support him holding the club to ransom after everything the club, board, chairman and fans have done to keep him in a job. Yeah its your opinion, which you are entitled to. Tell me would you have supported him in this murky charade early January this year?

You need to shut the f**k up you boring c**t

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So player does well attracts the interest of bigger clubs but we offer them a new improved contract which they sign and everyone lauds the actions of the club as great business yet some suggest the same principal should not apply to a manager.  What a warped narrow mind some of our so called supporters have. Were these same idiots accusing Kyle Magennis of "holding the club to ransom" - no they were praising both player and club for keeping a talent with us. Total wallopers !!!!

EXACTLY!!! 

I chucked the forum years back as I got bored of all the aliases and their tedious shite. I've still always had a look about now and then and recently starting posting again, but some of the stuff is still pathetic and clearly some folk don't even like saints. Jack has made a statement, let him enjoy the rest of his holiday and let's get back to getting excited about possible signings and daily ST sales updates.

Noo how do you do this ignore thingy...

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

He has spoken, but for some it doesn't seem to be enough.

Quite what he could reasonably be expected to say is beyond me.

The way I see it. The club will never give DFC permission to speak to Ross. Would he make the statement that he has , and then resign ? Very doubtful imo !

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

He has spoken, but for some it doesn't seem to be enough.

Quite what he could reasonably be expected to say is beyond me.

Good point.

Given that GLS wont allow Dundee to talk to him there is very little else he can say.

Yes he COULD say he is not interested in Dundee but why should he have to? The reality is that he doesnt have a decision to make if GLS has blocked them from contacting him.

He may well want to be at Dundee at some point but right now I want him to say he is still focussed 100% on Saints.

He did that and we should now move on unless GLS changes his stance.

6 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I'd like to have seen the words "I am not interested in the managerial vacancy at Dundee FC". 

It doesn't say that.

No, it doesn't.

He is a young, ambitious manager, who will not want to slam any door shut. He has taken time out of his holiday to issue this brief statement, and I give him credit for that.

The fact that he hasn't said everything I would have liked him to say (including that he thinks I'm a handsome bastard, and that he'll donate half his May salary to my holiday drink fund) is something I'll just have to live with. Such are the burdens of being a grown up:(

Edited by Drew

Just waiting for Div to start a 'Deal done' thread, then we can relax in the knowledge that we won't be on the lookout for a new manager.

FWIW ; my 'prediction' is that you will get a statement from Ross saying- "Whilst it's always flattering to be linked with other clubs, I've started a job here at St Mirren and I intend on seeing it through"

But , don't expect that statement tonight.

And breathe ;)

5 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I'd like to have seen the words "I am not interested in the managerial vacancy at Dundee FC". 

It doesn't say that.

But he has not been offered the job.

He hasnt even been spoken to by Dundee so why should he turn down a non offer and risk offending a potential future employer?

Jack's statement is respectful of his current employer.

Unless GLS changes his stance this is done.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Who said he has held the club to ransom? You really are making an absolute dogs dinner of this!

23 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

That statement reads keeping options open more than anything else. Think this still has mileage in it. Plus next manager to move on....

22 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

That statement doesn't exactly suggest he's staying or that he's going. No clear intention signalled either way. Just have to wait and see

'Remain' , 'continue' and 'remain' - used in JR's statement. How would you interpret those words?

Can someone stick this clown in a padded cell?

[emoji23]

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

But he has not been offered the job.

He hasnt even been spoken to by Dundee so why should he turn down a non offer and risk offending a potential future employer?

Jack's statement is respectful of his current employer.

Unless GLS changes his stance this is done.

Also respectful to the supporters. I think that is significant.