Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

He is also quoted as wanting to talk to Dundee! Actions will speak louder than press releases written by the pr team.

Have you a link to JR's quote? - and I do not mean a link to what some journo may have made up but a direct quote from Jack.

That statement reads keeping options open more than anything else. Think this still has mileage in it. Plus next manager to move on....

""It remains my responsibility to reward the loyalty and passion of our supporters by f**king off to Dundee in a few days and leaving them in the lurch..."

From the BBC ....     http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40122499

St Mirren: Jack Ross reaffirms commitment to club despite Dundee interest

St Mirren manager Jack Ross
Dundee had a formal approach for manager Jack Ross rebuffed by St Mirren

St Mirren manager Jack Ross insists he remains "focused" on his position at the club despite interest from Dundee.

The Dens Park club had a formal approach for Ross rebuffed by St Mirren and the manager says he is committed to the Paisley side.

"I remain focused on continuing to build on the momentum we created last season," Ross said in a statement.

"It remains my responsibility to reward the loyalty of our supporters with a team which they can be proud of."

Ross became a target for Dundee after interim manager Neil McCann decided to leave Dens Park at the end of last season.

The St Mirren manager guided his team to safety in the Championship after taking over in October last year when they were bottom of the division.

"James [Fowler, the assistant manager] and I have put in a lot of hard work already and will continue to do so as we strive to prepare a squad capable of challenging in what will be a hugely competitive and demanding Championship," Ross added.

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

"What the club did?"

no, it's why Div, and seemingly what a few others support Ross in dounf, using Dundee to "get a few more quid from the Saints".

the club is bigger than anyone, if Ross wants to go, fine. But the explanation given that he is only "playing" us for more cash, eight months into a job he was given an assurance he would keep if we were relegated, and given a huge bump in budget from the McAllister, Naismith sales and Smisa members in January..!

somehow, given what he said he felt he could achieve when he took the job (make us promotion contenders) but then actually only avoiding potential relegation on goal difference, would indicate in any business he has not been able to deliver on agreed targets.

Should he be holding us to ransom on the basis of that?

Well looks like Scottish Football tend to think what Jack did was remarkable.....

As for stupid comment above, the club isn't bigger than anyone. Ask the streams of talent that have left Saints to go on to BIGGER things..... Its what happens when your a provincial club

Are you allowed out weekends?

Edited by DougJamie

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

The way I see it. The club will never give DFC permission to speak to Ross. Would he make the statement that he has , and then resign ? Very doubtful imo !

Good point - if he does resign and end up at Dundee it'll make a tapping up claim even easier to prove after that.

There's just enough wriggle room in that statement for him if does end up at Dundee however it should ease things for a few days. I was probably about 80% sure he was going before that, now about 30-40%. To be honest I won't be convinced either way until Dundee have a new manager.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Good point - if he does resign and end up at Dundee it'll make a tapping up claim even easier to prove after that.

There's just enough wriggle room in that statement for him if does end up at Dundee however it should ease things for a few days. I was probably about 80% sure he was going before that, now about 30-40%. To be honest I won't be convinced either way until Dundee have a new manager.

That was the point I was making earlier. The messier this becomes from DFC'S perspective, the more likely they are to chuck it.

II thought it looked increasingly likely, and I'm now very confident that it is all but inevitable.

All good.

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

No, it doesn't.

He is a young, ambitious manager, who will not want to slam any door shut. He has taken time out of his holiday to issue this brief statement, and I give him credit for that.

TBF I'm not going to be soothed until Dundee have appointed someone else! 

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

Also respectful to the supporters. I think that is significant.

Absolutely.

It is clear to me that he wont be resigning.

Therefore this is in GLS's hands now. He says No to Dundee and this goes away.

GLS really only needs to hold out a week or so before Dundee start looking elsewhere.

A good end to a very worrying week.

3 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

I'm sure jack will clarify his intentions very soon as he knows there is a very short time to prepare a team for the new season.whether he's the manager of st Mirren or Dundee.

As I said hours ago jack will clarify his intentions and he has.so let's look forward to new signings and a new season under Jack's leadership. The clubs even opened the ticket office this Saturday for you to get your season tickets before they sell out.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Absolutely.

It is clear to me that he wont be resigning.

Therefore this is in GLS's hands now. He says No to Dundee and this goes away.

GLS really only needs to hold out a week or so before Dundee start looking elsewhere.

A good end to a very worrying week.

They won't want to hang about. This is dead.