Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

Guest TPAFKATS
Robert Grieve on Twitter suggesting that Jack will sign new contract when home from holiday.
Thank you Jack, but thank you also to Gordon Scott - well played, Sir!

Oh ffs!
This is all div's fault...

2 minutes ago, div said:

I was wrong.

Jack is back next week but James has another week of his hols to go so he won't be signing any new deal next week. Unless they fax it to his hotel which would be very 80s.

Just need to hope McInnes doesn't leave Aberdeen before he's signed it.

He'd be too big a gamble for Aberdeen imo, unless he was alongside an older manager.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah!
He nearly got his second team relegated, and He is apparently coming back from holiday to screw us for more money. Well done Jack attaboy@

Is your auld man a pipe fitter by any chance ?   :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Julian Banjos said:

The club have handled this whole episode very well, particularly seeing as most parties involved are on their hols and outside of the country.

I'd like to think that Gordon could still have helped out Dundee though by passing on Alex Rae's number.

Now back to building the squad...

What if he passed on LPM's number instead? :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah!
He nearly got his second team relegated, and He is apparently coming back from holiday to screw us for more money. Well done Jack attaboy@

Doesn't really matter what you think of his ability. A club in a higher league wanted him as manager and were presumably willing to raise his salary.
We either lose our manager to them ( or the next similar club) or we recognise that his stock has risen and he is now worth an improved contract from us.

Not sure why you're getting so upset about this. It's hardly a groundbreaking development in football.

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He'd be too big a gamble for Aberdeen imo, unless he was alongside an older manager.

Probably right.

At the end of the day I hope that Jack *eventually* moves on to a much bigger club as that will mean he'll have been a big success with Saints.

That's surely what we all want, a successful St.Mirren FC!?

Just now, pod said:

Ferguson was 37 when he went to Aberdeen.  

That was also 40 years ago mate, after 4 years at the club and winning the first division title. Be very surprised if they took that gamble now.

Part of that is sheer hope that they don't take that gamble...

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

That was also 40 years ago mate, after 4 years at the club and winning the first division title. Be very surprised if they took that gamble now.

Part of that is sheer hope that they don't take that gamble...

Not disagreeing with you. 

Think he would also be disappointing players that have signed for us believing they were going to be managed by him.

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Ha!  A statement from the horse's mouth.  Anyone can issue those...

a0896c3d-d6ed-4f5c-9dd7-0fbee23aec63_lf-

Just ask Shergar...

'brexit',  'strong and stable' and 'brexit'?  :unsure:

I'm enjoying the close season.  :)

Whereas Lord Loser's statements come from here:

horses-ass1.jpg

30 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Maybe he was always a pantomime villain but nobody noticed since he was just overshadowed by someone (who is no longer here) who was a complete and utter cock of a human being?

I would like to add that when it comes to LPM and Dicko, it isnt their differing opinions which was the problem for me. It was the way they deliberately and calculatedly threw shit at our club, players, management, training staff, other staff and directors in the hope some of it stuck which was the issue as far as I am concerned.

Calling our manager in the current circumstances a "c**t" is just not f**king on.

26 minutes ago, div said:

I was wrong.

Jack is back next week but James has another week of his hols to go so he won't be signing any new deal next week. Unless they fax it to his hotel which would be very 80s.

Just need to hope McInnes doesn't leave Aberdeen before he's signed it.

Showing your age bud, faxes are more Gordon Gekko than Gordon Scott :P

DocuSign on your phone would be more suitable for a high powered club like us :)

20 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Doesn't really matter what you think of his ability. A club in a higher league wanted him as manager and were presumably willing to raise his salary.
We either lose our manager to them ( or the next similar club) or we recognise that his stock has risen and he is now worth an improved contract from us.

Not sure why you're getting so upset about this. It's hardly a groundbreaking development in football.

Mate

Your wasting your time, he is a troll, and be nice to think he is very upset that most on here think he is a tool, but trolls just get their wee jollies from upsetting others

3 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Glad to see that Jack has answered the request for clarification I put in this thread this morning. Also pleased that he is staying. My only other comment is that he could have saved a lot of bother if he'd put his statement out a couple of days ago.

Oh FFS, he is on holiday you fecking moron, he has the right to have a break.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Aw come on. If I had been working 14 hr days for six months under a great deal of pressure and finally managed to get a week's holiday with my family I would have been on B&WArmy every day worrying about what the fans' think.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Oh dear. 

It would gave taken Jack half a minute, when the story appeared, to confirm what he confirmed today. 

I agree with pondsman and I don't agree with you abusing him. 

Sad 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Aw come on. If I had been working 14 hr days for six months under a great deal of pressure and finally managed to get a week's holiday with my family I would have been on B&WArmy every day worrying about what the fans' think.

He is a football manager. 

The easiest job in the world 

Fail at most stages and they walk away with their wallets jammed with cash. 

:lol: