CRAP FOOTBALL GROUNDS

Define "crap".

Our stadium is fine, but desperately needs an injection of character. Hopefully the introduction of a couple of wall murals or the like will enhance it.

Cappielow is a shitehole, right enough, and middens like Somerset have their charm, but only in small doses. Overall, I don't have any huge complaints about our place, but it still has a way to go to really feel like home.

Edited by Drew

What do you suggest Drew that gives the 2021 character...

Maybe a Statue of Sir Alex, Or make the bricks Black and White?

Considering some of the stupid crap stadiums in the top 2 leagues, I would suggest ours is maybe top 6....

Total Dumps- Mortons ground should be condemned- And really riles me that we had to spend 500k in 2000 to meet standards then. Maybe if they made is half decent they maybe could not afford some of their players

Dundee +, Dons are dumps....

Hamiltons is comical with 2 stands, Thistles is also a joke.....

Ipox, Sellick, Hibs, Us, Fakes, Hearts, Killie are my top 6.......

But Tons is by far the worst ground in the UK................ Renfrew Juniors is better

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Considering some of the stupid crap stadiums in the top 2 leagues, I would suggest ours is maybe top 6....

Total Dumps- Mortons ground should be condemned- And really riles me that we had to spend 500k in 2000 to meet standards then. Maybe if they made is half decent they maybe could not afford some of their players

But Tons is by far the worst ground in the UK................ Renfrew Juniors is better

Aye, black and white (with a splash of red) paint; more images in the main concourse areas of each stand; something for the corners (maybe like Tynecastle has (used to have?).

Nothing too sophisticated - just a few more individualised touches.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, black and white (with a splash of red) paint; more images in the main concourse areas of each stand; something for the corners (maybe like Tynecastle has (used to have?).

Nothing too sophisticated - just a few more individualised touches.

Actually agree..... it is a bit "new" school isn't it.......

At least is prettier now on the pitch:D

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Totally agree.I'm glad the final was at fir park although its not the best ground.but it's better than Hampden.you could see the ball.Mortons ground is unbelievable.no roof or descent seating for away support.plus I don't think our ground needs anything done to it.there's been talk about filling in the corner's and a new or another screen.but it's just talk.

24 minutes ago, Drew said:

Define "crap".

Our stadium is fine, but desperately needs an injection of character. Hopefully the introduction of a couple of wall murals or the like will enhance it.

Cappielow is a shitehole, right enough, and middens like Somerset have their charm, but only in small doses. Overall, I don't have any huge complaints about our place, but it still has a way to go to reallh feel like home.

The definition of crap is measured by our ground and facilities. So if its not as good or better than our ground and facilities then its CRAP

Maybe there should be an overhaul of ground criteria of the Scottish league's like they did with the spl back in the day.maybe the SFA could actually do something useful. maybe something like this.

Criteria for  League 2

have a squad of 21 players with at least 2 goal keepers (hibs and Raith rovers take note)

Criteria for league 1

Have 4 stands (Hamilton take note)

Criteria for championship

Have a roof and seating in all 4 stands.and decent and quick  catering facilities.most teams take note.

Criteria for the  Premiership 

All the above plus a stadium that can house their fan base so there are no half empty stadiums.

I agree however as the SFA keep cutting such crap deals it is hard for clubs to renovate . But it should be fairer as clubs are either looking after fans or not giving a jot....

I suggest that clubs must set aside a fixed agreed amount per league for ground maintenance determined by league

I mean Ton charge the same as us don't they?

Some top league clubs charge a bit more...................... But still have sh!tholes

Mind u this is the SFA we are talking about so don't hold out any hope of anyhting

Cappielow was magnificent in the Cowshed in the 70's, 80's and the 90's. 

Far better than any all seated Stadium. 

Get our PROPER SHARE of the Cowshed opened again. 

Not just a wee bit and lose the seats. 

5 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Maybe there should be an overhaul of ground criteria of the Scottish league's like they did with the spl back in the day.maybe the SFA could actually do something useful. maybe something like this.

Criteria for  League 2

have a squad of 21 players with at least 2 goal keepers (hibs and Raith rovers take note)

Criteria for league 1

Have 4 stands (Hamilton take note)

Criteria for championship

Have a roof and seating in all 4 stands.and decent and quick  catering facilities.most teams take note.

Criteria for the  Premiership 

All the above plus a stadium that can house their fan base so there are no half empty stadiums.

What has the size of a  playing squad got to do with Ground Criteria ?

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Boavista know how to jazz up a black and white stadium.

estadio-do-bessa-south.jpg

Christ, I wish we could build this on the derelict site of Love Street. Exactly this... without the 'Boavista' and rainbow bits, but otherwise.... as is.

5 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Totally agree.I'm glad the final was at fir park although its not the best ground.but it's better than Hampden.you could see the ball.Mortons ground is unbelievable.no roof or descent seating for away support.plus I don't think our ground needs anything done to it.there's been talk about filling in the corner's and a new or another screen.but it's just talk.

You may want to look at the photos posted on the matchday thread for that game and think again . Also , have you sat in the deathrap main stand there ?  It should have been pulled down years ago

3 hours ago, rabuddies said:

I always thought Firhill was the coldest ground in Scotland when the wind was blowing over the basin - and then I went to Gayfield! emoji210.pngemoji301.pngemoji300.png and that wad in September???

Methil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

And you can get a drink in Renfrew ground :cheers