Phil Clarke's Last Match Tomorrow

Saint's superb P.A. man retires tomorrow.
He has been a great Tannoy dude and I wish him all the best for the future.
His greatest announcement which makes me smile was on the 5th October 2008.

It was .......

" WHO PUT THE BALL IN THE RANGERS NET ? "

" STEPHEN McGINN !!!!!!!! "
:clapping
All the best in the future, Bud.

Retirement [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

poor post

Phil has been the announcer for a number of years and has done a fine job of it - just my opinion of course.

Shull has every right to wish the fellow well and I will join him in that.  Unfortunately the thread has been somewhat soured by the poor contribution above.

Good luck Phil.....Is wee Campbell taking over?  

Think what is being said not all as it seems. More going on than many think. But good luck Phil.

A Testimonial Match to thank the Fans for continuous support is fine. 

I don't agree with a Testimonial for paid employees of any Football Club. 

If others do, then wire in. 

4 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Bit strange leaving with a home game still to go as SPS says more to it possibly.

Wee bird told me that he had taken the huff about something and told Gordon he was chucking it but then tried to change his mind a day or two later, but the Boss man has already replaced him.Some people not happy about Phil's entourage getting freebies especially the boy David who was acting like a V.I.P, allegedly........

6 minutes ago, Jezzy said:

Wee bird told me that he had taken the huff about something and told Gordon he was chucking it but then tried to change his mind a day or two later, but the Boss man has already replaced him.Some people not happy about Phil's entourage getting freebies especially the boy David who was acting like a V.I.P, allegedly........

Great first post.................unsubstantiated rumour......................you'll do well in here. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Jezzy said:

David who ? 

utter drivel

16 hours ago, Jezzy said:

Some people not happy about Phil's entourage getting freebies especially the boy David who was acting like a V.I.P, allegedly........

Not just some people , but several regulars, particularly at away matches. It's been a well talked about subject for years. What goes around , comes around, eh Phil ?

14 minutes ago, steve_the_saint said:

Can anyone confirm if Phil got lifted at the end of the match at cappielow last night? Apparently a steward was pushed over and got stretched away with suspected broken ankle. Phil was said to be involved. 

That's a very poor post to make mate.

5 minutes ago, steve_the_saint said:

It's not made up or supposed to be a joke. Genuinely heard that after the game last night. Happy for someone to confirm otherwise or what actually happened if true.

It's still a very poor post to make.