So Farewell Then....

Drew

My current car is from Arnold Clark, and in the past, due to a mate being a salesman in their Phoenix Vauxhall branch, I bought many Vauxhalls through Arnold Clark. Never had a problem with them. You hear bad stories about Arnold Clark online, but my experience has been OK.

RIP... and  MOT.

Bought 1 car from them and never again. They only had 1 key for the car but never said untill I was picking it up. Got the 2nd after a good shouting match. We take our Toyota to Helensburgh for services rather then let Toyota Linwood get their hands on it.

Got the wife's car from Arnold Clark 12 years ago with a free MoT after 12 months. Passed the test, but they told my missus that it nearly failed because the exhaust was ready for popping its clogs. Took it to my mate, he said it was fine. It's just gone through another MoT, successfully, with the same exhaust still on it.

They sold my wife a Zafira and part of the pitch was that the spare tyre was housed outside the boot. When she got the car she noticed there was no spare and nowhere to store it. Went back and the salesman/conman declared she would have to pay £300 for the spare and the cage to hold it. I could see the company farther than wherever their owner went.