Tim Horton's Coffee coming to Glasgow

pozbaird

1 hour ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Plans for one on Renfrew Road where tesco were meant to be going in as well

Supposed to a whole new retail park going there, with a new Lidl and Brewers Fayre type 'pub' as well.

7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Tim Ho's is almost a religion in Canada, will be on a winner if they introduce the Poutine to the UK.  especially in Glasgow

Poutine is fantastic - you'd never have guessed a country populated by Scots would come up with that...

Not fussed about coffee but loved Tim Hortons donuts when I was in Toronto last year. Much better than Krispy Kreme and much cheaper. Looking forward to the reaction to Timbits in the west of Scotland.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Poutine is fantastic - you'd never have guessed a country populated by Scots would come up with that...

Not fussed about coffee but loved Tim Hortons donuts when I was in Toronto last year. Much better than Krispy Kreme and much cheaper. Looking forward to the reaction to Timbits in the west of Scotland.

The Timbits are great too. Supposedly the bits removed from the middle of dough rings!

7 hours ago, FS said:

Was in one of these in Toronto a while ago. I thought to myself, "another bland generic coffee house" and went about my business...

Have to agree. Have been in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.... just another coffee joint. Nothing marked it out for me as being anything special.

Maybe they'll rebrand certain items as 'Bits of Tim' and offer a 'loyalist' card to appease the hard of thinking, knuckle draggers who didn't realise that 'Tim' was a Canadian ice hockey player, turned coffee shop owner, who's been turning in his grave since his mid forties...

1 minute ago, FS said:

Maybe they'll rebrand certain items as 'Bits of Tim' and offer a 'loyalist' card to appease the hard of thinking, knuckle draggers who didn't realise that 'Tim' was a Canadian ice hockey player, turned coffee shop owner, who's been turning in his grave since his mid forties...

Need a blend called Sevcoffee. B)

21 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe my view on this establishment will change if I can go there and get my hole for a couple of quid.

Apparently they have agreed to donate all the unsold donut holes to the food bank each day... ;-)

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:01 PM, pozbaird said:

Need a blend called Sevcoffee. B)

I gather a lucrative sponsorship deal of last season's Scottish cup final from Mellow Birds was rescinded at the last minute !

• 1 month later...

Opened today. Pretty long queues at time, imagine it'll die down after a few weeks.

From what I can remember the donuts were about a dollar in Canada. They start at £1.19 here! The coffee is the same which I don't think is too bad.

If you go in the next few days you can use a code on their Facebook page to get a free medium coffee/tea and donut :)

Guest TPAFKATS
I only asked for donuts in Canada so dunno. I had tea today and they asked if I wanted milk and sugar in it. Not sure how else you'd order!

In Canadian Tim Horton's a regular coffee comes with cream unless you specify that you want milk.
Ordering my first cup on my last visit, I asked for milk out of habit as that's what I have here in UK. It really wasn't that great.
Also will they know a double, double (2 cream, 2 sugar) is in the Glasgow Timmies?