Morton Have a Role to Play in Keeping Us Up

31 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Looking at Morton's run in they play several of our closest rivals. Come on the Ton! Never thought I would say that.

You take care of Falkirk & Dundee Utd. & we'll see what we can do!! Think we're gonna need all the help we can get!! :(

1 hour ago, dmc said:

You take care of Falkirk & Dundee Utd. & we'll see what we can do!! Think we're gonna need all the help we can get!! :(

You lot LOST to Dumbarton when we needed you most. Tell you what, we'll take care of our results you lot can do the same. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Looking at Morton's run in they play several of our closest rivals. Come on the Ton! Never thought I would say that.

They can certainly make things easier for us but we will do this ourselves.

Two wins and we could be sorted by a week on Saturday.

43 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Morton need a maximum of 4 points from 4 games to secure a play off spot.  Don't see them busting a gut on our behalf tbh.

It's because they need 4 points for a play off place that I have suggested that inadvertently their success might aid our success. But....as others have said...we still have to do the business and rely on no one other than ourselves. But...the fates or the fixture list have brought them into the picture in our run in.

Morton need us more than we need them. They want to be 2nd so less play off games for them and can't do that without our help.

8 hours ago, renfrew said:

Morton need us more than we need them. They want to be 2nd so less play off games for them and can't do that without our help.

I wouldn't think they (owners/management) actually want to  go up.  Too costly - especially when you think of the 'customer experience' last night. Too much infrastructure costs to contend with.

That said, I would think they'd be happy to be involved in as many play-off games as possible, with the income that might bring?  So as long as they're in play-offs it's a win-win.

Until they lose.  :unsure:

At this stage in the season anything goes- Outside Bairns and Us there is no form book on winning in Last 10, QOS / Pars have ok records but we don't play them, Hibs 2 wins in last 10, United just stopped rot, Ton in freefall, as are Raith and Ayr lost last 3...... 

The fact we have/ had top 4 all away I think helps us, as Jack said, none of these teams will sit back...... and I would also imagine that Bairns or United wished they had anyone but us......

Feb we were 1/5 for drop, we are now 12/1. We did that all by ourselves and TBH Sons and Ayr have won games we didn't think they would 

18 hours ago, dmc said:

Bloody hell, dmc, didnae know you were still kicking around here! :o

By the way, I take it you're from the "It ain't New Order without Hooky" school of thought....

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

At this stage in the season anything goes- Outside Bairns and Us there is no form book on winning in Last 10, QOS / Pars have ok records but we don't play them, Hibs 2 wins in last 10, United just stopped rot, Ton in freefall, as are Raith and Ayr lost last 3...... 

The fact we have/ had top 4 all away I think helps us, as Jack said, none of these teams will sit back...... and I would also imagine that Bairns or United wished they had anyone but us......

Feb we were 1/5 for drop, we are now 12/1. We did that all by ourselves and TBH Sons and Ayr have won games we didn't think they would 

Absolutely. Totally and utterly absolutely. And that's what's made it so enjoyable.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

I wouldn't think they (owners/management) actually want to  go up.  Too costly - especially when you think of the 'customer experience' last night. Too much infrastructure costs to contend with.

That said, I would think they'd be happy to be involved in as many play-off games as possible, with the income that might bring?  So as long as they're in play-offs it's a win-win.

Of course they will want to go up :huh:  They were able to play games against Rangers last season at home so no reason why not next season ?  A lot of the money from the play off games go to the league that help to pay the team that drop out of the championship, so teams in this league don't make much money out of the playoffs.

6 hours ago, antrin said:

Believe it or not, Cappielow is SPL compliant!