Morton Have a Role to Play in Keeping Us Up

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:57 AM, linwood bud said:

No it's not premiership compliant, it needs 6000 seats with a back of at least 30cm. All seats must be individually numbered and all seats must be covered.

It's compliant under current SPFL regulations which state that stadia only need 500 covered seats.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/aberdeen/217366-requirement-for-seated-stadiums-to-be-scrapped-under-league-reconstruction/

Surprising when you consider the hoops (sic) we had to jump through in 2000 & 2006 but (Superstar DJ) there you go.............

Edited by Bud the Baker

34 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's compliant under current SPFL regulations which state that stadia only need 500 covered seats.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/aberdeen/217366-requirement-for-seated-stadiums-to-be-scrapped-under-league-reconstruction/

Surprising when you consider the hoops (sic) we had to jump through in 2000 & 2006 but (Superstar DJ) there you go.............

Thought this was the case. They realised the error of their earlier ways thankfully.

It is essential for the wellbeing of our Clyde valley ratbag neighbours to see us remain in the division, the very same division that our "doon the water" heroin addled parasitical neighbours will fail to win promotion from.

You can almost hear the frantic speech that Jim Duffy will be encouraged to deliver to his below average squad by Warren Hawke and the rest of the ne'er do well's board. 

Jim "right player's we need our more illustrious neighbours in this division with us.  The only team to bring a decent crowd when they come to our shockingly neglected midden.  So if you want this midden we play in to get a lick of paint every now and then we must do all we can to keep the Buddies up....that and to see a great team like that go down a division would be the second greatest crime against humanity, beaten only by whoever decided to build a town as shitty as this and call it Greenock".

Players "we like marshmallows"

Jim "I used to have a career"

Players "we are off to the bookies"

Jim "and I am off for a shower whereby I will disinfect this body of mine before returning to wherever I live"

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

It is essential for the wellbeing of our Clyde valley ratbag neighbours to see us remain in the division, the very same division that our "doon the water" heroin addled parasitical neighbours will fail to win promotion from.

You can almost hear the frantic speech that Jim Duffy will be encouraged to deliver to his below average squad by Warren Hawke and the rest of the ne'er do well's board. 

Jim "right player's we need our more illustrious neighbours in this division with us.  The only team to bring a decent crowd when they come to our shockingly neglected midden.  So if you want this midden we play in to get a lick of paint every now and then we must do all we can to keep the Buddies up....that and to see a great team like that go down a division would be the second greatest crime against humanity, beaten only by whoever decided to build a town as shitty as this and call it Greenock".

Players "we like marshmallows"

Jim "I used to have a career"

Players "we are off to the bookies"

Jim "and I am off for a shower whereby I will disinfect this body of mine before returning to wherever I live"

So...

...I'm guessing - on balance - you're not overly enamoured with Morton?

Just now, Soctty said:

Aye, I was going to say it would be great if those forced into deeper debt were recompensed for that shitty, bizarre rule, but it's all water under the bridge now.

No, its a big dusty heap down Love Street. :( 

2 minutes ago, pod said:

Cheer up guy's, our supporters have rediscovered some of our atmosphere down Greenhill Road. Some consolation.  

The atmosphere at Greenhill Road is far superior than similar size of crowd that we used to get at Love Street. 

3 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I believe they originally called it GRENOCK

4 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

This stand that's rusting away to nothing because it's been left outside.

Didn't it spend more time outside when it was at Love Street? 

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Aye, but it's wetter in Greenock.

We had the roof on it in Paisley