Liam Buchanan

shull

This could be a very interesting window providing we stay up. Obviously we'll lose all the loan players and probably Mallan as well. JR proved with the Davis signing that he can come up with some unexpected diamonds , I'm sure there will be a few more this summer !

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

This could be a very interesting window providing we stay up. Obviously we'll lose all the loan players and probably Mallan as well. JR proved with the Davis signing that he can come up with some unexpected diamonds , I'm sure there will be a few more this summer !

O'Brien, Davis, Smith all out of contract in the summer. Must be in with a shout of persuading them to stay. Loy will probably be freed by Dundee - another one we might be able to take on. But as you say, one of the many pleasing things about Jack's management has been his ability to spot a player. To bring in 10 and have 6 or 7 be successes is very impressive. McGinn, O'Brien, Davis, Stelios, Eckersley, Smith and Loy have all made big contributions. I have confidence based on this, of Jack being able to bring in more good than bad in terms of signings.

Also, we should be making a very good offer to Mallan. One year extension with an option for another if we go up. Show him the positivity running through the club, the ambition to do something good. At least make the effort, be proactive. All he can do is say no.

Can't wait for Saturday now!

4 hours ago, billyg said:

Lets be honest. If we can attract such a calibre of player when we're stranded at the bottom of the league, it's exciting to see what Jack can bring when we have a fresh budget rather than a one in one out policy. 

Buchanan's time was 5 years ago, unfortunately for the player off-field factors probably scuppered his chances.

Just looked up Spence's stats - after a fruitless 3 years at Parkhead he seems to have scored everywhere else he's been. JR signed him for Alloa last summer where he's scored 21 goals in 43 appearances - I'd be delighted if he signed for us..............

Club Season League Scottish Cup League Cup Other Total
Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
Alloa Athletic 2008–09 18 4 0 0 1 0 0 0 19 4
2009–10 1[32] 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 3 1
Total 19[6] 4 0 0 2 0 1 1 22 5
Celtic 2009–10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2010–11 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2011–12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Hamilton Academical (loan) 2011–12 29 5 2 0 0 0 3 1 34 6
Raith Rovers 2012–13 32 11 4 2 3 1 2 1 41 15
2013–14 27 9 4 0 1 1 5 2 37 12
Total 59 20 8 2 4 2 7 3 78 27
Alloa Athletic 2014–15 28 4 1 0 2 2 5 7 36 13
Cowdenbeath 2015–16 36 17 3 1 1 0 3 1 43 19
Alloa Athletic 2016–17 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Career Total 171 50 14 3 9 4 19 13 213 70

O'Brien, Davis, Smith all out of contract in the summer. Must be in with a shout of persuading them to stay. Loy will probably be freed by Dundee - another one we might be able to take on. But as you say, one of the many pleasing things about Jack's management has been his ability to spot a player. To bring in 10 and have 6 or 7 be successes is very impressive. McGinn, O'Brien, Davis, Stelios, Eckersley, Smith and Loy have all made big contributions. I have confidence based on this, of Jack being able to bring in more good than bad in terms of signings.
Also, we should be making a very good offer to Mallan. One year extension with an option for another if we go up. Show him the positivity running through the club, the ambition to do something good. At least make the effort, be proactive. All he can do is say no.
Can't wait for Saturday now!

pretty sure Davis has another year and Aberdeen would be fools not to tie Smith down to a new deal but I agree Ross seems to have a good eye for talent.

pretty sure Davis has another year and Aberdeen would be fools not to tie Smith down to a new deal but I agree Ross seems to have a good eye for talent.

Davis is out of contract in the summer. Smith has had equivalent of 3 and a bit games for Aberdeen in the past 2 years. He's 23 in August - it's make or break time for him at Pittodrie and I don't think they'll give him a new deal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 9:40 AM, shull said:

He is out of contract at Livingston at the end of the Season. 

No messing about 

Just go get him. I am sure he will be a revelation with us as we chase the Championship title. 

No messing about, no nonsense.....put this in the specualtion thread immediately.

FFS Shull what a waste of a thread.