Liam Buchanan

shull

22 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

No we didn't .
Dargos best season for total goals was two years before joining us , his best goal to game ratio was 99-2000

Okay, we signed him after his best ever 2 season spell. Those 2 seasons producing 2 of his best ever 3 seasons goal tallys.

Hardly the scenario you were painting.

Okay, we signed him after his best ever 2 season spell. Those 2 seasons producing 2 of his best ever 3 seasons goal tallys.
Hardly the scenario you were painting.

So would you say Dargos career flourished after these two wonder years ?
I had simply said his best years were behind him . Those figures prove that .

36 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not quite - you said "I see Liam Buchanan and i just think , Dargo .  Half decent striker whos best years are long gone."

We beat off a lot of competition to sign Dargo that summer and IIRC the reaction on here was unanimous approval. Dargo getting injured pre-season was not foreteable.

7 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What happened subsequently is irrelevant.

What you said was "Half decent striker whose best years are long gone"

And the comparison was with Buchanan.

Buchanan's best spell was 2007-2011 with Partick Thistle. That was 6 years ago. Buchanan is now 32 and he was playing in a division below us last season. His best days quite clearly are long gone.

When we signed Craig Dargo he's just enjoyed 2 of the best 3 seasons in his career. He was one of the leading scorers in our own division and he was 29. His best days were hardly "long gone".

As BTB says, Dargo got injured in pre season and didn't make his debut until December. On top of that, he was playing for an ultra defensive Gus Macpherson side!

My worry when we signed Dargo was not whether his best days were long gone, it was whether he would stay fit and not get injured!

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Not quite - you said "I see Liam Buchanan and i just think , Dargo .  Half decent striker whos best years are long gone."

We beat off a lot of competition to sign Dargo that summer and IIRC the reaction on here was unanimous approval. Dargo getting injured pre-season was not foreteable.

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

What happened subsequently is irrelevant.

What you said was "Half decent striker whose best years are long gone"

And the comparison was with Buchanan.

Buchanan's best spell was 2007-2011 with Partick Thistle. That was 6 years ago. Buchanan is now 32 and he was playing in a division below us last season. His best days quite clearly are long gone.

When we signed Craig Dargo he's just enjoyed 2 of the best 3 seasons in his career. He was one of the leading scorers in our own division and he was 29. His best days were hardly "long gone".

As BTB says, Dargo got injured in pre season and didn't make his debut until December. On top of that, he was playing for an ultra defensive Gus Macpherson side!

My worry when we signed Dargo was not whether his best days were long gone, it was whether he would stay fit and not get injured!

It's a fair cop Guv. Wrong choice of words.

He had peaked as far as goals were concerned but probably a tad unfair on my part when taking his injury/s into account.

23 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Dargo getting injured pre-season was not foreteable.

dont quite agree with that

he had a long history of injuries and the reason he ended up at ICT is because he was a free agent at the time and no-one else would take a chance on him

it seemed that he'd gotten over his injuries at ICT

just our luck that he got injured again the minute he joined us!