POTY

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

A few games still to go but I would like to nominate O'Brien, Irvine, Baird, Davis, McKenzie, Stelios, Eckersley, Magennis, Mallan, McGinn, Smith, Morgan, Loy and Sutton as my player of the year - joint award.

sorry to disagree, i`d go for a joint award of Jack Ross and James Fowler.........................

If we stay up, from what was a seemingly doomed position, I'd give it without hesitation to McGinn - for coming into a dire situation and being a proper St Mirren captain. McGinn has mostly played well, but even when he hasn't been on top form himself, has given the armband some meaning again, and in leading by example, has raised the game of those around him.

Edited by pozbaird

Harry Davis would have romped it if not for his injury , the best central defender we've had at the club since Big Jack ! I would just love if we could get him back next season , but I'm sure he'll be on a host of club's radar now !

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

POTY McKenzie, YPOTY Magennis

Both consistent performers throughout the season, in Kyle's case since coming into the team.

If Kyle was to get the Tam McGarry young player of the year award i and the rest of the family would be immensely proud.He,s loving his football and i am delighted with the progress he has made so far and excited about whats still to come.

Kyle's an incredible talent, all the moreso when you consider his age. His tenacity and strength on the ball, along with his quick feet, pace and composure when he gets into dangerous areas make him a huge asset to the club, and a credit to himself and his family. He has a massive future in front of him. Just hope we can see another couple of years at the Saints before he goes onto bigger things.

Edited by Soctty

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Harry Davis would have romped it if not for his injury , the best central defender we've had at the club since Big Jack ! I would just love if we could get him back next season , but I'm sure he'll be on a host of club's radar now !

Up to us to make him an offer, as soon as our future is secured. Out of contract in the summer, and with his injury we may have more of a chance of securing a deal. Need to be ambitious and proactive on contracts.

38 minutes ago, billyg said:

I thought Davis was fantastic for us. A real leader and read the game brilliantly. Reckon, besides Celtic, he could easily walk into any Premiership side and that includes Sevco. His injury may be a blessing as hopefully he has gone off the radar of other Clubs. He maybe did not play that many games for us but he was a major influence in our resurgence.

9 hours ago, Sonny said:

A few games still to go but I would like to nominate O'Brien, Irvine, Baird, Davis, McKenzie, Stelios, Eckersley, Magennis, Mallan, McGinn, Smith, Morgan, Loy and Sutton as my player of the year - joint award.

If we survive the drop in would certainly agree with you. What a recognition to the squad that they did it together.  

13 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Magennis what a player, what a beat, worth a goal a game

:withstupid

Sorry wrang type of player!

drummer.png

Theres no denying that Josh has deffo played his part in the resurgence of our magnificent team.He,s Saints daft but that will not surprise anyone who knows our family.Steeped in black and white for generations.We Are St Mirren.This love will last forever..

This morning I ordered up the usual Player of the Year trophy for 2017, and this year also our first ever Young Player of the Year which will be engraved and presented as "The Tam McGarry Young Player of the Year"

Voting for both opens next week.

13 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

I like the way the players do their final wee sprints in front of the bulk of the support at each away match then McGinn gets all the players to clap the fans before they run off. Gets the crowd going and is just another small aspect of the fans/players being closer than for a long time.

Yeah I like that touch as well. These small things all add up and make a big difference, especially on the road.