Dundee United v St Mirren Championship 22/4/17

shull

Excuse my ignorance but "St Mirren fans will be in the lower tier of the West Stand (Shed)".

Is that the stand behind the goals or the one where we normally are down near the touchline.

I was under the impression stand behind the goals was one tier like St Mirren park.

29 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Excuse my ignorance but "St Mirren fans will be in the lower tier of the West Stand (Shed)".

Is that the stand behind the goals or the one where we normally are down near the touchline.

I was under the impression stand behind the goals was one tier like St Mirren park.

It's behind the goals. Appears to be a misquote as the DUFC website says "lower tier prices will apply".

Pondering whether to go or not ? Ferry's are now on the summer timetable so last ferry 20.45 plenty time to get down the road from the game.

Every game is important so will probably go.Dundee United looked terrible against Ayr completely different performance from the cup final.  

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, United have been mince for the last couple of months, including the cup final.

Eh ? They played a good game in the final you must have had too much beer in your blood stream. Compare the second half performance with yesterday's Ayr game it's like two different teams. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Eh ? They played a good game in the final you must have had too much beer in your blood stream. Compare the second half performance with yesterday's Ayr game it's like two different teams. 

Really? You are just you, talking nonsense. They have been consistently piss poor for a long time. You really think they played well? :lol: We will never have had a better chance to win a Diddy cup final but the atmosphere was good. :P

They don't expect many of us......................................

"It has been confirmed that this match will be pay-at-the-gate and that the St Mirren fan will be allocated the Lower Tier of the West Stand (‘Shed’) at Tannadice Park".

That'll be then............................................. all alone.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Looked to me that we were suffering from several midweek games in the run up to the final and United ran the legs of off us on a hot day.  If true it will be different this time.

21 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Looked to me that we were suffering from several midweek games in the run up to the final and United ran the legs of off us on a hot day.  If true it will be different this time.

I agree mate. The point I was making was the utter dross they served up at Ayr , watched the whole game on TV Ayr were very unlucky not to win. Dundee United looked like they did not care. 

We didn't play a midweek game in the run-up to the CC Final. We lost due to a MotM performance from Willo Flood (who read the ref perfectly) and our inability to supply even one decent cross in the second half to Sutton who had the beating of their CH Edjenguélé.

Given the closeness between Raith in 7th and Dumbarton in 9th with us as the filling in the sandwich I feel we need to take a point from this game or we will be under intense pressure when we face Raith on the 29th. Flood was suspended for the Ayr game on Saturday but is (I think) back for Saturday's game - just our luck! <_<

Nothing to fear from Utd. but I think we'll have to be at our best, again, to take a point or hopefully three. Let's go for it - if Stelios is fit then he should play and as I've said we've got to get decent ball to Sutton and more importantly have a couple of guys looking to support him - he won't win every ball but he creates a whole lotta loose balls in the opposition half.

COYS!

We didn't play a midweek game in the run-up to the CC Final. We lost due to a MotM performance from Willo Flood (who read the ref perfectly) and our inability to supply even one decent cross in the second half to Sutton who had the beating of their CH Edjenguélé.
Given the closeness between Raith in 7th and Dumbarton in 9th with us as the filling in the sandwich I feel we need to take a point from this game or we will be under intense pressure when we face Raith on the 29th. Flood was suspended for the Ayr game on Saturday but is (I think) back for Saturday's game - just our luck! <_> Nothing to fear from Utd. but I think we'll have to be at our best, again, to take a point or hopefully three. Let's go for it - if Stelios is fit then he should play and as I've said we've got to get decent ball to Sutton and more importantly have a couple of guys looking to support him - he won't win every ball but he creates a whole lotta loose balls in the opposition half.

COYS!

But no one said we played midweek before the cup final. Just that the number of games had caught up with us. United were far faster across the ground than us on the day particularly on the break. I expect different this time. And we'll be in Flood's face.

28 minutes ago, David Mc said:

But no one said we played midweek before the cup final. Just that the number of games had caught up with us. United were far faster across the ground than us on the day particularly on the break. I expect different this time. And we'll be in Flood's face.

You did or at least you implied it. I don't agree, I reckon a week should've been enough time to rest & prepare for the game.

If, and I stress IF, some players were struggling then perhaps we shoulda made a coupla substitutions roundabout the 60 minute mark rather than wait till the last 10 minutes and then make a like for like substitution and go for the "Hail Mary" option of pushing Mackenzie up front.

We were beaten because on the day United's tactics and execution of them were batter than ours.

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You did or at least you implied it. I don't agree, I reckon a week should've been enough time to rest & prepare for the game.

We were beaten because on the day United's tactics and execution of them were batter than ours.

We were the better team first half , they were the better second half . 

This is going to be tough to call but I truly believe, if we play as well as we can, we'll take something from the game. Possibly all three points. Simple as that. I hope this is the case and Morton and QotS get their sh!t together. Given the kind of season we've had it would be great to be almost relaxed going into the final two rounds. 

If, and I stress IF, some players were struggling then perhaps we shoulda made a coupla substitutions roundabout the 60 minute mark rather than wait till the last 10 minutes and then make a like for like substitution and go for the "Hail Mary" option of pushing Mackenzie up front.

I didn't imply it. Not sure why I would?